Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2013, 06:10 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackf150 View Post
Hello

In bold, in case, if immigration reform bill becomes law, we will still have divide into illegal immigrants - latino and legal immigrants - latino. The illegal immigrants - latino will receive a different treatment - more longer and harsher than 1986 immigration law. If latino enter US legally so they will be legal immigrant and have to meet requirement under 1986 immigration law.

We have many latino population who came as legal immigrants and I have very highly respect for them to enter legally by enforce our immigration law.

My idea is based on how many legal immigrants (under 1986 immigration law) eventually become a citizen and ability to vote - I gave 2016 as start estimate - that may too earlier in my mind so after 2020 will be likely. It is hard to make prediction and not all citizens are going to be voter.

Ok, you have own prediction and I have own prediction. I don't know if it is true until 10 years later.

It is sad about some people (not about you) easily see latino - brown skinned as illegal immigrant because high number of illegal immigrants are from Mexico + Central America. We have many legal immigrants that originally from Mexico + Central America.
I don't believe anyone thinks all Hispanics or Latinos, are illegal and of course many here illegally now, will become legal citizens if the immigration policy change and they will. But my argument is when will they be illegible to vote? It will most likely be another 15 years. As the new proposed bill stands, they will not even be eligible for green cards for 10 years. This still does not mean Texas or any other state will go Blue anymore than circumstances would change many blue states Red. I can assure you, even 8 years ago no one will have ever predicted AR would be totally Red. I was born and raised in Ca. before states were labeled by color, but there was a time when no one would have seen Ca. as totally Blue. Thus the assumption any state will become whatever is probably nothing more than a guess. And yes, your idea of 2016 or 20 is most likely too optimistic for those of you who are hoping to see the switch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2013, 05:23 PM

30 posts, read 18,359 times
Hillary will not get the black vote like Obama, and the economy will so bad that people will want a change.

Old 04-28-2013, 06:13 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times
Bold Prediction

A rich person will win.

Old 04-29-2013, 05:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Bold Prediction

A rich person will win.
I love your brilliant mind> It takes someone who has inside knowledge to figure that one out. Now, while I am wondering who that person might be, I will keep on smiling.

Old 05-01-2013, 11:38 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,558 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by umpdog49 View Post
Hillary will not get the black vote like Obama, and the economy will so bad that people will want a change.
Barack got 93% of the black vote.

John Kerry got 88%

Demographics of How Groups Voted in the 2004 Presidential Election

Al Gore got 90%

Demographics of How Groups Voted in the 2000 Presidential Election

Bill got 88% and 86%

So assuming Hillary does atleast as good as her husband, its still a 70 point spread.

Old 05-03-2013, 06:28 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by downnice View Post

North Carolina - This state is also becoming more liberal. Hillary could draw from southern support and because of that it goes to the Democrats.
This state is already blue from all of the New Yorkers that move there either directly or move halfway back to New York from Florida.

Old 05-03-2013, 08:53 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,858,215 times
Just wondering, will Hillary have a woman VP?

Old 05-03-2013, 03:37 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,371,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
My Golly you love to spin things don't you? of course 2008 had the highest turn out in history: think who was running on the Democrat side, that does prove my point on that issue. Obama was a new face, he brought excitement to the campaign and he was the first black candidate to get the nomination; did blacks or college age kids vote in the same numbers in 2012? Nope!!! but I guess you choose not to acknowledge that. You are basing your opinion, on what you want to believe, not what is fact. Obama was the sitting Pres. how many sitting Pres. have been defeated the second time around? Recently Bush, Carter and Ford, but one can hardly count Ford as he wasn't an elected Pres. the first time. Also it remains to be seen if the blacks will vote in the same numbers if there isn't a minority candidate running. You have to understand that, or maybe you just can not accept it.

Where are you getting your information that Ron Paul is still running? He retired for heavens sake. He is, hopefully enjoying his quiet retirement years in Texas. Of course he is older than Biden will be, but he was not 4 years older than Biden will be when he ran last year and do you remember one of the biggest negatives about him was his age. That is one of the things, right here on City Data that was addressed over and over.

The plagiarism issue would be an issue: there is one thing to be accused of something, another to have it proven. Again, as I said before, I doubt you even were alive or certainly you were not an adult when this happened..

You keep right on with your head in the sand about Biden and I will continue with my feelings that the American people will not be stupid enough or gullible enough to elect him. We will just have to agree to disagree about this. I certainly believe you have a right to your opinion but I also do not think the demographic you are talking about have changed enough to get someone like him elected. In fact, if he were the candidate I believe the turn out, depending on the Republican would be exceptionally low. BTW, I happen to think he probably is a really nice man and I have nothing against him, I just do not think he will get the nomination nor do I think he will win if he does. Christie, Rubio, Rand P, for starters would smother him. Now, I really have nothing more to say about this.
Yup. Joe Biden most probably won't run for President. 2008 wasn't his first try, and he is a better campaigner for others than he is for himself. And the nation isn't ready for more Biden. There won't be another V.P. going from #2 to #1 again anytime soon- Bush the first was a very rare exception in a century that was filled with electoral oddities.

It will be interesting to see what he will do, though. I think it's possible he could run for his old Senate seat again, as he loves the political fray. But he could just as easily become an ambassador, or go on to lead the DNC or something. I don't think he will ever become a lobbyist, but he could go into an active retirement like Bill Clinton. Any way it lands, he won't fade away once his term is finished.

Old 05-03-2013, 04:00 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,371,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
It would really be something if it happened.

While I'm yet to be convinced that Hillary will run, I think the times are ripening for our first female President, whoever she may be.
Will 2016 be the year? Sure- why not? A lot of barriers vanished in 2008.

The Republicans could well go through the same radical change as the Democrats had in 2008. In early 2005, remember that Obama wasn't even on the radar and Hillary wasn't being talked about as the guaranteed candidate. I can see a female Republican Governor or legislator suddenly emerging, and the Republicans will not repeat the same sorry primary display of 2012.

What would be the outcome? Would women choose to vote for the lady, not the party? Would female minorities vote for her?
Given the present favorability of the Republican Party, I'm sure a female Repub would improve that, even if she lost. It would all depend on the lady, of course, but I'm pretty sure neither Jan Brewer, Michele Bachmann, nor Sarah Palin would stand much of a chance of nomination.

Old 05-04-2013, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Nope, if she runs and gets the nomination she would not pick a woman VP. If she did, then I think she would lose big time...We are ready for a woman Pres. I think, but if she did choose a woman running mate it would back fire. It would look like she was thumbing her finger at men, and pretty much saying: Stick it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections