Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2015, 10:22 AM

1,875 posts, read 1,328,323 times

Advertisements

TPTB want it.. so yes 10000%

Will be Hildog vs Jeb 2016 because its what "they" want.

Now every party voter will vote for their guy/gal because they hate the other guy/gal more and NOT because they actually like their candidate.

POTUS elections are now: vote AGAINST who you hate more.. not vote FOR who you actually like

Enjoy your illusion of choice..

go Merica' !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2015, 10:27 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,917,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eqttrdr View Post
TPTB want it.. so yes 10000%

Will be Hildog vs Jeb 2016 because its what "they" want.

Now every party voter will vote for their guy/gal because they hate the other guy/gal more and NOT because they actually like their candidate.

POTUS elections are now: vote AGAINST who you hate more.. not vote FOR who you actually like

Enjoy your illusion of choice..

go Merica' !
I voted that way for the last 3 POTUSs.

Old 04-20-2015, 03:29 PM

546 posts, read 409,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
The Romney campaign and the GOP really tried to play up the "you didn't build that" line leading up to November 2012, and look how that turned out?

If the GOP is stupid enough to try and take a one liner completely out of context again and base their anti-Hillary campaign around that, good luck.

re: "Fauxcohontas", no one beyond die hard Republicans cared about that or believed it was a significant "controversy."
I found the "you didn't build that" even worse IN context. But the Democrats had their 47% gaffe to blow up out of proportion.

No one cared about Fauxcahontas because Warren wasn't running for President. If she were, it could be used against her effectively, IMHO.

Old 04-22-2015, 08:38 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,401,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskyMama View Post
I found the "you didn't build that" even worse IN context. But the Democrats had their 47% gaffe to blow up out of proportion.

No one cared about Fauxcahontas because Warren wasn't running for President. If she were, it could be used against her effectively, IMHO.
How would it be used "effectively?" She mistakenly thought she had Native American ancestry, and was proven wrong later. How is that some big huge deal that would be relevant during a political campaign?

It would just end up being used in racist/misogynistic ways by the Fox News crowd, and drive people into voting for Warren.

Old 04-22-2015, 11:56 AM

546 posts, read 409,161 times
Quote:
How would it be used "effectively?" She mistakenly thought she had Native American ancestry, and was proven wrong later. How is that some big huge deal that would be relevant during a political campaign?

It would just end up being used in racist/misogynistic ways by the Fox News crowd, and drive people into voting for Warren.
If she wasn't certain of her ancestry, she shouldn't have claimed it in the application process. That would have been the honest thing to do.

I'm pretty certain I have some native American ancestry not too far back (based on more than high cheekbones), but I'd never use it applying for a job.

Old 04-22-2015, 12:28 PM

8,079 posts, read 10,090,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlbenator View Post
Palin was the ONLY thing that helped.
Helped them definitively lose the election maybe. None of these right wing nut jobs can possibly be elected to the White House, regardless of how much Fox "News" adores them.

Hillary.....I wonder whether we won't be SO sick of her in 18 months that she somehow stumbles and our adoration for her falls by the wayside? Even then, the republicans have to put up a viable candidate--I personally think Paul Ryan could do it, but more than likely he won't get in the way of Jeb....and we have seen that act twice already.

So Hillary is the one.....many fine attributes; seems like a Giuliani in a dress, minus the republican platform, maybe. Time will tell if the Americans will embrace that all the way to the Presidency.

Someone earlier dismissed the "email" mess. That sticks with me as defining her moral compass. Not so good, when she knew what the appropriate behavior/rules applied. That probably cost her my vote.....but then what do you do with it?

Old 04-22-2015, 12:44 PM

1,976 posts, read 2,355,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Is Hillary the inevitable Democratic nominee for 2016? I know people thought she was in 2008 but Obama came in from out of nowhere and took her out. Personally I like Hillary but I don't really like Presidential dynasties (No Clintons or Bushes). I will probably end up voting for her anyway but I want to know does everybody think she is inevitable or will somebody come in from out of nowhere like Obama did?

Whoever the Democrat is they will probably win in a landslide being that Obama will likely leave office on a high note (recovering economy, no war) and I don't think America is ready for another Republican quite yet. The Republicans will also probably run on culture war issues which will alienate everyone outside the South.

With that in mind, the Democratic primary will be the most important election in determining who the next President will be.
I think Hillary will make a good president. I would like to see her expand Social Security and Medicare, etc. I don't see anyone else really challenging her. I recall the Clinton years as being good economically, the balancing of the budget, and I respect their efforts to address the insane cost of medical treatment in this country at that time. I'm feeling optimistic about 2016. I would really get behind Elizabeth Warren but Hillary will do nicely.

Old 04-22-2015, 07:46 PM

7,541 posts, read 10,268,400 times
Quote:
It was an awfully convenient "mistake" for someone to make that is seeking a position at a college that is really hungry for racial diversity and a paucity of native american job applicants.

I wouldn't be inclined to just automatically believe that it was an honest mistake, unless it was explained a lot further.

Old 04-22-2015, 08:12 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,917,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Like_Spam View Post
It was an awfully convenient "mistake" for someone to make that is seeking a position at a college that is really hungry for racial diversity and a paucity of native american job applicants.

I wouldn't be inclined to just automatically believe that it was an honest mistake, unless it was explained a lot further.
Even DNA testing ain't real accurate in finding American Indian ancestry since for many tribes; the results come back as "Asian" and even "white" since they all started out in Asia way back in the day. I'm talking about the "fullblood" AI's here.

Old 04-22-2015, 08:22 PM

7,541 posts, read 10,268,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Even DNA testing ain't real accurate in finding American Indian ancestry since for many tribes; the results come back as "Asian" and even "white" since they all started out in Asia way back in the day. I'm talking about the "fullblood" AI's here.

You shouldn't need to check your dna to know if your an american indian.

Ms. Warren was never an enrolled member of an Indian tribe, she never lived on a reservation, she was - at best- just guessing that she might have an indian antecedent.

Vice President Curtis was a Native American, this woman, not even close.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections