Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2015, 09:39 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,818,580 times

Advertisements

I hope he runs. I would vote for him in a heart beat, even give him money, and if I lived in a state where he would be competitive, help his campaign.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2015, 02:31 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,130,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Will the media treat him like they did his dad?

During the upcoming April recess, it is speculated by many, the hints will turn into reality.
Rand Paul is one guy I don't want to ever see anywhere close to the White House!

Old 03-19-2015, 02:57 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 19 days ago)

29,549 posts, read 16,533,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I know how much you supported his dad, and how unfair you thought he was treated, but Rand is different. I could not have tsupported Ron Paul, Rand maybe. Will he be treated like some of the more popular mainstream candidaes probably not, but he will get more coverage and more positive coverage than his day. Now, he has to learn to smile with sincerity and not with a smirk!!!
Last election, Ron Paul is the only person I never remember being a front runner in the polls.

So while he wasnt treated fairly by any means, he also never hit the spot light others did.

Old 03-19-2015, 03:23 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,856,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Rand Paul is one guy I don't want to ever see anywhere close to the White House!
Because keeping the liars with the same failed policies is really paying off right? Just think you'd have 4 years of playing the race card.

Old 03-19-2015, 06:21 PM

372 posts, read 1,042,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Because keeping the liars with the same failed policies is really paying off right? Just think you'd have 4 years of playing the race card.
That's why I rarely bother to comment in the politics section anymore. People will stick with the status quo regardless of how miserable it is. 2008 and 2012 all over again.

Old 03-19-2015, 09:47 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,977,863 times
Rand is the only candidate I will support. I was a big time supporter of his father and will support Rand as well.

Old 03-19-2015, 09:49 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,977,863 times
Quote:
I know how much you supported his dad, and how unfair you thought he was treated, but Rand is different. I could not have tsupported Ron Paul, Rand maybe. Will he be treated like some of the more popular mainstream candidaes probably not, but he will get more coverage and more positive coverage than his day. Now, he has to learn to smile with sincerity and not with a smirk!!!
You realize that Ron and Rand have virtually indistinguishable positions and ideology right? The difference is on they frame it and how the media frames them. Rand is just better at playing the game but his voting record is the most pro-liberty in the Congress.

Old 03-19-2015, 11:02 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,856,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalbound12 View Post
You realize that Ron and Rand have virtually indistinguishable positions and ideology right? The difference is on they frame it and how the media frames them. Rand is just better at playing the game but his voting record is the most pro-liberty in the Congress.
As far as foreign aid, Ron wasn't too keen on sending aid to Israel while Rand is cut foreign spending but don't start with Israel.

Old 03-20-2015, 12:10 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,885,452 times
I'll take Rand over Cruz any day. I want to see and hear from all the candidates before I comment but I'll likely vote for him if he wins candidacy.

Old 03-20-2015, 03:24 AM

4,765 posts, read 3,731,188 times
Quote:
Really? Cuz, it appears the apple did not fall far from the tree. Asking if Obama "could get any gayer", does not represent a guy who embraces equality or maturity.

Rand Paul's Obama-Gay Marriage Slag: Does Anyone Else Wonder What The Joke Was Supposed to Be? - Hit & Run : Reason.com

I'm sure a lot of folks feel that is not an issue, but intolerance and immaturity seem pretty important to me in a president.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections