Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2015, 10:49 AM

4,814 posts, read 3,842,798 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Mitt didn't pull many independent moderates. He pulled moderate progressive Republicans. The GOP base.
All the independents in this town, had Ron Paul in their sights.

But it all looked good on paper the day before the election. Mitt was picked to win, hands down. What happened. He lost all the Ron Paul Revolution.
Considering how they were treated during the primaries, I can see how that happened.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2015, 11:30 AM

29,213 posts, read 22,348,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Mitt didn't pull many independent moderates. He pulled moderate progressive Republicans. The GOP base.
All the independents in this town, had Ron Paul in their sights.

But it all looked good on paper the day before the election. Mitt was picked to win, hands down. What happened. He lost all the Ron Paul Revolution.
Yeah. All 2% of it. A 2% primary win does not a revolution make. With Mitt's Mexican half of his family, a person would think Mitt could have made that 2% up if he had been just a little smarter and used his Mexican connections more to his advantage.

Old 04-07-2015, 01:13 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,130,209 times
Rand Paul has some pretty good slogans. Without knowing him, and taking his claims at face value, some people might be tricked to into voting for an illusion...

• The Washington Machine That Gobbles Up Our Freedoms... Must Be Stopped'
  • Pledges to end unconstitutional NSA surveillance
  • I see an America where criminal justice is applied equally

Old 04-07-2015, 01:50 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,977,592 times
This was the money quote for me:
"At home, conservatives understand that government is the problem, not the solution.
Conservatives should not succumb, though, to the notion that a government inept at home will somehow succeed in building nations abroad."
Rand Paul, 04/07/2015

The whole speech was excellent.
Full Text of Rand Paul's Campaign Launch Speech: Transcript

Stand with Rand.

Old 04-07-2015, 01:59 PM

3,493 posts, read 3,200,839 times
He, like Cruz, and even Sarah Palin (if she ever gets back into politics) are best left in the Senate. That's where their talents most likely lie. Cruz will go down just another Huckabee, Rand will go the way of his dad (much of what they say is way, way over most people's heads, and they are a little screwy; not to mention, the media will utterly kill him - even though he's more likely then others to be able to deal with that), and that Sarah Palin girl? well she's the perfect antidote to screwballs like Nancy Pelosi, et al.(you fight fire with fire).

I'm waiting for Walker (or even Rick Snyder, more likely 2020 for him). I want to hear what they have to say.

So far, not too impressed.

Old 04-07-2015, 02:18 PM

29,213 posts, read 22,348,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalbound12 View Post
"We're crooks and will move the goalposts at pleasure to make sure the company man wins."-The GOP. I'll be supporting Rand and campaigning for him but I'm anticipating the corrupt "leaders" of the GOP to find a way to screw Rand over too.

Thus I'll be "taking it up" with the party's "leaders" in the same fashion I did in 2008, 2010, 2012, and 2014. I'll be supporting Nobody again:
Nobody never wins an election. Somebody always wins.

Old 04-07-2015, 03:36 PM

2,919 posts, read 3,185,488 times
Boooooo......no Republicans in office, we don't want to go back to the stone ages....vote for an independent.

Last edited by folkguitarist555; 04-07-2015 at 04:19 PM..

Old 04-07-2015, 04:31 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,977,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Nobody never wins an election. Somebody always wins.
America would be no different under President Romney today than it is under President Obama. In fact we might be worse off because we might have already invaded Iran. You can find the difference between Romney and Obama under a microscope perhaps but on all the big issues they are essentially the same.

Old 04-07-2015, 06:02 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,883,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalbound12 View Post
America would be no different under President Romney today than it is under President Obama. In fact we might be worse off because we might have already invaded Iran. You can find the difference between Romney and Obama under a microscope perhaps but on all the big issues they are essentially the same.
What about with Ron Paul as President, I honestly think we would be the same anyway because the president only signs, vetos and bully pulpits bills, nominates cabinet members and judges and signs executive orders. We would still have the same congress to deal with when they don't compromise.

Old 04-07-2015, 06:05 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,883,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by folkguitarist555 View Post
Boooooo......no Republicans in office, we don't want to go back to the stone ages....vote for an independent.
Ok, which independent party and candidate do we vote for? In 2012 there was what five or so candidates on the Arizona ballot when talking about president as well as the write in option. The problem with voting independent is the third party vote is too fractured and there is no strong enough party to be a threat. None since 2000 had more than 4% o f the popular vote.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections