Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2015, 05:51 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,318,530 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
And would our Troops have to carry banners with a Red cross on the front and white background, as we invade the Middle East to conquer "Muslim" Lands? Would this be "Operation Desert Crusade?"
Of course.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2015, 05:59 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,375,811 times
Quote:
Nope, not mine. I am going to use the NEW version of the Constitution enacted by the GOP when Obama was elected. He doesn't have to be your President, nor do you have to recognize him as such. We also do not have too respect the Bum either.
You're hallucinating. The GOP never enacted any new version of the Constitution.

Old 03-26-2015, 06:45 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,676,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
The President of all Americans, or just some?

Three very interesting statements from his speech
I want to ask each of you to imagine, imagine millions of courageous conservatives, all across America, rising up together to say in unison “we demand our liberty.”

I believe in you. I believe in the power of millions of courageous conservatives rising up to reignite the promise of America, and that is why today I am announcing that I’m running for president of the United States.

I am honored to stand with each and every one of you courageous conservatives as we come together to reclaim the promise of America, to reclaim the mandate, the hope and opportunity for our children and our children’s children. We stand together for liberty.

Who's President/King is Obama?

Old 03-26-2015, 08:58 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,763,257 times
Quote:
Nope, not mine. I am going to use the NEW version of the Constitution enacted by the GOP when Obama was elected. He doesn't have to be your President, nor do you have to recognize him as such. We also do not have too respect the Bum either.
Yet Obama attacks productive Americans, yep, not my president. A president is supposed to be for ALL people.

Old 03-26-2015, 09:32 PM

4,477 posts, read 3,305,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
The President of all Americans, or just some?
The current occupant of the White House has made it very clear that he is not the president of all Americans, but just those who voted for him.

He has made it abundantly clear that even when he gets his head handed to him in a national election that he doesn't care what the majority feels or wants he will only do what he wants because elections only have consequences when we says so.

Old 03-26-2015, 10:50 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,059,230 times
Quote:
You're mistaken; this started prior, under Bush.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTheEnchanter View Post
The current occupant of the White House has made it very clear that he is not the president of all Americans, but just those who voted for him.

He has made it abundantly clear that even when he gets his head handed to him in a national election that he doesn't care what the majority feels or wants he will only do what he wants because elections only have consequences when we says so.
Hard to argue with that.

Old 03-27-2015, 03:34 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,256,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loriinwa View Post
Really...THAT is why you couldn't vote for him?
What's the problem? Yes, his strong invasion positions and the fact that Goldman Sachs would always be whispering in his ear is why I am not going to vote for him. There is a problem with that?

Old 03-27-2015, 05:00 AM

68,333 posts, read 54,445,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
It is hard to tell from those stirring, but empty, words, but his history suggests he is a tool of the corporate fascists. Not to pick on him, they all are, with the possible exception of Elizabeth Warren. But she is not in the running. I suppose we have to decide who is the most likely to serve the people's interests. Cruz is certainly better than Bush in that regard. Wall Street is falling all over itself to get next to him.
Do you expect either of the two major parties' nominees for POTUS to be anything but?

Old 03-27-2015, 10:29 AM

4,911 posts, read 3,433,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Well - it didn't go according to your script. Life sucks.
You make totally no sense what so ever. This isn't about "my script" whatever the hell that is.

Old 03-27-2015, 10:32 AM

4,911 posts, read 3,433,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
This question is pretty easily disposed of. If elected, of course Cruz would be President of all Americans. That is what the Constitution says, and Cruz is a Constitutionalist. Notice also that nowhere does Cruz say that he would not be President of all Americans if elected.

What OP is doing here is misinterpreting a few statements in an attempt to put Cruz in a bad light. Cruz is running as an unabashed conservative, so during his campaign, naturally most of his support is going to be coming from conservatives and lovers of liberty. That was all that he meant, and all that he said.
Ya know, I didn't explain in detail exactly what I meant by the question because it's pretty obvious and I assumed that the people reading it would have brains and would know, without it having to be explained to them, that it wasn't a constitutional or legal question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections