Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2015, 10:36 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,562,339 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
All of ours...yours and mine. Even if I didn't like him he'd still be MY president because I respect the office.
By his personal and petty actions he has dishonored the office of President. With that in mind, he is not nor ever has been a president representing a majority portion of Americans, including me.

A president of this nation does not act only for his personal gain but for the good of the country and does not consistently lie or have the need for his acolytes to try to tell everyone what he actually meant when he makes another vile statement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2015, 10:38 AM

4,911 posts, read 3,433,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
This question is pretty easily disposed of. If elected, of course Cruz would be President of all Americans. That is what the Constitution says, and Cruz is a Constitutionalist. Notice also that nowhere does Cruz say that he would not be President of all Americans if elected.

What OP is doing here is misinterpreting a few statements in an attempt to put Cruz in a bad light. Cruz is running as an unabashed conservative, so during his campaign, naturally most of his support is going to be coming from conservatives and lovers of liberty. That was all that he meant, and all that he said.
I gave the exact quotes, how is that misinterpreting?

It's one thing to run as a conservative, that's fine. But when you ask for votes you don't just ask the conservatives for votes as if they're the only ones who matter or as if the others aren't real Americans

Old 03-27-2015, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
It will be fun to watch the progressives claim Canadian born Cruz is eligible to be president. Ironically many will be the same that said Kenyan born Obama isnt
Do you throw darts at a board of con yapping points to compose your posts? Obama was born in Hawaii

Old 03-27-2015, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Whose President is Barack Obama? He is the President of just some, the radical Leftists.
Barack Obama is the President of all Americans, God bless him.

Old 03-27-2015, 10:44 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,920,695 times
He only reflects the rich and those gullible enough to believe that the IRS are blood-sucking leaches who offer no good too society and want more wars.

Old 03-27-2015, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skbl17 View Post
If he's elected President on November 8, 2016, then Ted Cruz will be the President of the United States of America. Unless someone launches a coup d'etat against him (which won't happen), he will be everyone's president. It's much like how Barack Obama is every American's president now, or like how it was Ronald Reagan in the 1980s, or Dwight Eisenhower in the 1950s, or Bill Clinton in the 1990s.

That's all there is to it.

- skbl17
Those people saw all Americans as Americans, they didn't see only some as Americans and others as the enemy

Old 03-27-2015, 12:06 PM

10,908 posts, read 9,562,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
Barack Obama is the President of all Americans, God bless him.
Because no one else does?

Old 03-27-2015, 12:25 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,045,420 times
Quote:
The President of all Americans, or just some?

Three very interesting statements from his speech
I want to ask each of you to imagine, imagine millions of courageous conservatives, all across America, rising up together to say in unison “we demand our liberty.”

I believe in you. I believe in the power of millions of courageous conservatives rising up to reignite the promise of America, and that is why today I am announcing that I’m running for president of the United States.

I am honored to stand with each and every one of you courageous conservatives as we come together to reclaim the promise of America, to reclaim the mandate, the hope and opportunity for our children and our children’s children. We stand together for liberty.
He's running to be the candidate in the GOP primary. The "we are the world" stuff comes later.

Old 03-27-2015, 02:32 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,847,656 times
Quote:
The President of all Americans, or just some?

Three very interesting statements from his speech
I want to ask each of you to imagine, imagine millions of courageous conservatives, all across America, rising up together to say in unison “we demand our liberty.”

I believe in you. I believe in the power of millions of courageous conservatives rising up to reignite the promise of America, and that is why today I am announcing that I’m running for president of the United States.

I am honored to stand with each and every one of you courageous conservatives as we come together to reclaim the promise of America, to reclaim the mandate, the hope and opportunity for our children and our children’s children. We stand together for liberty.
In answer to your question, Ted Cruz said in a recent interview:

"Look, I think part of it is, the basic values of this country are commonsense conservative values - live within your means, don't bankrupt your kids and grandkids, follow the Constitution. It's only in Washington that those are viewed as radical or extreme propositions, and most of America - you get people, Republicans, Democrats, Independents, Libertarians who come together and say, 'Look, that just makes commonsense'."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xd4o-T9kkRg

It sure does!!!!

Old 03-27-2015, 04:11 PM

2,801 posts, read 2,311,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loriinwa View Post
As a lecturer. One class. His syllabus is here http://www.nytimes.com/packages/pdf/...a_CoursePk.pdf He taught Current Issues of Racism and the Law.

He assigned cases to read. He didn't teach Constitutional Law, he taught Social Justice in the guise of Con. Law.

Cruz also studied and taught US Supreme Court litigation. He also argued in front of the US Supreme Court on 9 occasions as Solicitor General of the State of Texas and he also was a law clerk for Chief Justice Rehnquist.
Then Rafael Cruz Jr. should KNOW prohibiting same-sex marriage is unconstitutional.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections