Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2015, 06:58 PM

37,794 posts, read 40,990,020 times

Advertisements

The author of "Clinton Cash" wrote a terrific book called "Extortion" and may I say some Republicans in the US Capitol Building didn't fare too well in that one. It wasn't just about Democrats.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2015, 07:54 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,800,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
Oh boy. Media matters as a source. LOL. You know Brock admitted to lying earlier in his career. Your source is a leaking bucket of water. Your source doesn't even hold enough water to be considered shallow. It just gets funnier and funnier.
The leaking bucket of water is all those "allegations" made by right-wing talking heads yet no facts or evidence to back up these allegations.

Bet you have no clue about any of the facts or any evidence because there is none.

Old 04-26-2015, 11:39 AM

27,119 posts, read 15,300,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notasmoker View Post
If you are truly typically a Dem, then I have three words for you: Supreme Court appointments. If you are truly typically a Dem, then I really don't think you will enjoy living in a theocracy with no social safety nets ruled by the Guardians Of Privilege (aka GOP).

We ought to be concerned with our Goldman Sachs Administration that we currently have.

Thanks to voters as yourself.

Old 04-26-2015, 11:43 AM

27,119 posts, read 15,300,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
why should i care? how does it affect me and my daily routine?

when i wake up in the morning politics or clinton's cash issues are the last things on my mind.

i dont care. it doesnt change anything for me when i head out in the morning.

everybody takes advantage of something in there daily life. i've mentioned how i use a handicap tag to park in handicap, even though im not handicapped.

im tired of people whining and playing the holier than thou card. everybody is guilty of taking advantage of a situation to benefit themselves, and those who refuse to admit it are lying. its human nature.

my handicap parking is you downloading and streaming videos and music illegally. i dont care what you do, so why dont you lay off when it comes to other people.

You do realize that striving to do right and avoid wrong is the goal don't you?

Sounds like you just caved to weakness.
Yes, we all do from time to time but not with the obvious commitment you profess to have made to falling short.

Old 04-26-2015, 11:58 AM

6,454 posts, read 7,007,212 times
I think they will....it's gaining legitimacy under the liberal cornerstones in the media.

I believe the NYTs for example has bought the rights to run some of it's stories, and they have already begun to editorialize a lot of it. A lot of liberal/Democratic voters are reading this stuff and shaking their heads--just look at the responses for example in the NYT's article on the Uranium 1 deal or on the questionable "donations" from foreign governments. The New York Times has been eating her alive.

It has slowly but surely been making it's way into the mainstream news, and once it has been removed from the lexicon of Right-Wing talk radio and Breibart.com as a talking point, I think average voters will take it into consideration. Democratic voters may not be enticed to vote Republican--but I think enough of them will either vote for a 3rd party candidate (i.e. the Ralph Nader Effect) or...just as they did in the mid-terms...enough of them may simply elect to stay home.

Old 04-26-2015, 11:58 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,851,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistermobile View Post
From another thread quickly closed:

Between 2009 and 2012, the Clinton Foundation raised over $500 million dollars according to a review of IRS documents by The Federalist (2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008). A measly 15 percent of that, or $75 million, went towards programmatic grants. More than $25 million went to fund travel expenses. Nearly $110 million went toward employee salaries and benefits. And a whopping $290 million during that period — nearly 60 percent of all money raised — was classified merely as “other expenses.”
I need to get me some of that.
Starting now I'm forming the Loveshiscountry Foundation

Old 04-26-2015, 03:01 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,196,428 times
Our politicians(on both sides) are basically bought and paid for by large corporations and donors to enact their agendas.

The American people are pretty much irrelavant that's why most people stay home during election time.

Old 04-26-2015, 04:47 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,800,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
I think they will....it's gaining legitimacy under the liberal cornerstones in the media.

I believe the NYTs for example has bought the rights to run some of it's stories, and they have already begun to editorialize a lot of it. A lot of liberal/Democratic voters are reading this stuff and shaking their heads--just look at the responses for example in the NYT's article on the Uranium 1 deal or on the questionable "donations" from foreign governments. The New York Times has been eating her alive.

It has slowly but surely been making it's way into the mainstream news, and once it has been removed from the lexicon of Right-Wing talk radio and Breibart.com as a talking point, I think average voters will take it into consideration. Democratic voters may not be enticed to vote Republican--but I think enough of them will either vote for a 3rd party candidate (i.e. the Ralph Nader Effect) or...just as they did in the mid-terms...enough of them may simply elect to stay home.
Which is exactly the plan of the Koch Brothers who paid Peter Schweizer to teeter on slander. The book is chalk full of innuendos and non-factual accusations. I bet the Koch Brothers paid Schweizer well and Schweizer also gets to keep the book royalties.

Here are a few facts about this author:

Quote:
He's A Self-Styled Conservative Corruption-Buster
He Had To Retract An Allegation Against A U.S. Senator
He Once Warned That Disney Is Turning America Gay
He Also Co-Wrote A Book About Iranian Terror And Nukes
His Institute Is Funded By The Kochs And Company
5 Points On The Conservative Author Dishing Clinton Dirt To NYT and Fox News

Old 04-27-2015, 03:36 AM

10,833 posts, read 14,927,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
no, i dont care, and i dont think most people do either.
I betcha a lot that you will care when Jeb Cash comes out, right?

'Clinton Cash' author next target: Jeb Bush

Right now "Clinton Cash" author Peter Schweizer is nothing but a right wing nut job spreading unsubstantiated rumor on Faux News but when "Jeb Cash" comes out it will be heralded as truth given down from high, right?

Bill Clinton Ends Role With Chain of For-Profit Colleges

Quote:
The university system — part of Laureate Education Inc., which according to Bloomberg is the world’s largest for-profit college chain — has been a seven-figure donor to the Clinton Foundation, giving between $1 million and $5 million, according to the foundation’s website. Laureate has also made five commitments through the Clinton Global Initiative.
Opps, wrong story but isn't it great how the Clinton's bring college to everyone? Let them student loans roll!

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/24/us/cash-flowed-to-clinton-foundation-as-russians-pressed-for-control-of-uranium-company.html

How come we can only find this story on far, far right wing nutjob sites like the New York Times?

Old 04-27-2015, 07:32 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,081,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Instead of assuming a daisy chain of they said and they also said, perhaps you would like to challenge your intellect with actual facts.

The NY Times' Story Based On Clinton Cash "Doesn't Hold Up That Well," Here's Why
I just hover over your link and see that it takes one click to got to MediaMatters. Why bother? We know who they will always lie for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections