Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2015, 11:24 AM

1,350 posts, read 2,301,183 times

Advertisements

"Marriage is between a man and a woman."
Claims marriage equality advocates are "directly attacking the relationship between God and his people"
'same-sex marriage is part of the "new world order"'

The British Conservatives have pitu forth a plan to reduce the deficit, while preserving the NHS, they are largely pro-gay marriage and actively court those voters, while being pro-business yet leaving religion to be a private matter not to be discussed in the political arena. The Tories have been what the Republican Party should be over the last 5 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2015, 11:27 AM

1,584 posts, read 1,975,106 times
Every black person who dares to speak against liberal dogma gets called an Uncle Tom. That's how you keep a population under control. Brand anyone who disagrees with you as a sell out to your people.

Old 05-06-2015, 11:29 AM

28,901 posts, read 30,284,252 times
Quote:
Prytania "Marriage is between a man and a woman."
Claims marriage equality advocates are "directly attacking the relationship between God and his people"
'same-sex marriage is part of the "new world order"'
who says, you? I'm not new age, or for the new world order...and I believe in God, but, I also know that religion keeps one primitive...in their way of thinking...and thousands of years ago, those same priests burnt women at the stake calling them witches....catholic church tells me, I can't be someone's Baby's God mother until I get a divorce thru the church...all man made laws...so...we can agree to disagree....

Quote:
The British Conservatives have pitu forth a plan to reduce the deficit, while preserving the NHS, they are largely pro-gay marriage and actively court those voters, while being pro-business yet leaving religion to be a private matter not to be discussed in the political arena. The Tories have been what the Republican Party should be over the last 5 years.
ahhh, but the plan isn't in effect yet, so we don't know if it works, right? And I hope it does...but that is all speculation....and so what if they are largely pro-gay marriage....that doesn't make them better human beings for being so.

I'm sorry, but again, we agree to disagree....and if that is why you do or don't vote for someone, then, this country is totally screwed.

Old 05-06-2015, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashes1 View Post
Every black person who dares to speak against liberal dogma gets called an Uncle Tom. That's how you keep a population under control. Brand anyone who disagrees with you as a sell out to your people.
you and I both know that is wrong to do...and when they do it, geeze louise, aren't you an adult? Let it go, let it go....LOL, seriously...I've heard blacks call other blacks uncle Tom....SO? Consider the source...if you allow words to hurt you, then your screwed....and its time it changes....

I'll tell you what really gripes me....gets me right in the gut....is, when a black person is constantly calling others the N word, but when a white person does it, they fire him/her or even worse.....that is bull....and let me tell you, I hate that word, and told my son when he was growing up, if I ever heard him use that word, I'd hit him in the mouth with a closed fist...and I never slapped him across the face...ever....!

Be an adult, and don't let them hurt you with words...words are cheap....

Old 05-06-2015, 11:42 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,858,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I like the way you think, however, it was the same with Cain, if I may remind you, not many people knew who he was, and they left him alone, but when he started opening his mouth, people sat up and listened....
and that scared the rest of them, but good.....b/c he said a lot of the same things Ben Carson said, except I didn't care for his thoughts on the economy, but as I said, we cannot have it all....
yep, i remember how the media treated cain when he started getting popular, and they may do the same thing to carson as well. the difference though is going to be what skeletons are in carson closet, and are the people going to care about those skeletons. with cain he had issues that people cared about, and would have affected his chances in the long run anyway, so all the democrats did was eliminate him early in the race. with carson they may decide to wait until much later before trying to hammer him. we shall see.

Old 05-06-2015, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
yep, i remember how the media treated cain when he started getting popular, and they may do the same thing to carson as well. the difference though is going to be what skeletons are in carson closet, and are the people going to care about those skeletons. with cain he had issues that people cared about, and would have affected his chances in the long run anyway, so all the democrats did was eliminate him early in the race. with carson they may decide to wait until much later before trying to hammer him. we shall see.
yeah, well, that is where people were wrong...and it makes me angry that they bought it....we don't know if they were true or not, do we...maybe he had one affair, maybe he had none....however, they Will in fact do the same thing to Carson, doesn't matter if he's clean...and yanno what, I wouldn't be at all surprised, if it was Romney's campaign that smeared Carson, cuz they wanted the Presidential race, or should I say, the corporations wanted him in. Cain made it obvious, what he believed...and that didn't sit well, and quit frankly, remember a long time ago, when Colin Powell was going to run and his wife said, no, b/c she feared for his life? Carson, Cain, are good Men, so was Powell, and so was Swartzcuff (spelling) however, it would have been to dangerous for them to run....they wouldn't be puppets....

Experience or not, you want someone in there who cares about their country....but I fear for anyone who runs and gets in, b/c it won't sit well, your talking billions of dollars worth of power.

Old 05-06-2015, 12:06 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 26 days ago)

29,568 posts, read 16,556,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
1) On whether being gay is a choice: "Because a lot of people who go into prison go into prison straight—and when they come out, they're gay. So, did something happen while they were in there? Ask yourself that question."

Where does Carson say, he is restricting gays? He said he believes Gay is a choice, in most cases, not all, I believe to....but that doesn't mean I'd restrict them from the military or marriage? Where does Carson say that?

What doe the British Conservative have to offer?
The conversation you are siting was in the larger context of gay marriage, and Carson was arguing that being gay was a choice and that gay people should not be allowed to get married, but should get hospital visitation rights.

So yes, he was arguing discrimination, but stated that he is pro visitation rights in hospitals.

Old 05-06-2015, 12:07 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,858,743 times
creme, i agree with you, but remember that as far as i am concerned, our government was overthrown on nov 22, 1963 in dealy plaza. since then we have not had elected presidents, but rather selected presidents. true we vote for president, but we vote for the powers that be candidates, not the ones we the people truly want. every president since kennedy has had a connection to the trilateral commission, including reagan, though his connection was through george hw bush.

Old 05-06-2015, 12:12 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 26 days ago)

29,568 posts, read 16,556,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
creme, i agree with you, but remember that as far as i am concerned, our government was overthrown on nov 22, 1963 in dealy plaza. since then we have not had elected presidents, but rather selected presidents. true we vote for president, but we vote for the powers that be candidates, not the ones we the people truly want. every president since kennedy has had a connection to the trilateral commission, including reagan, though his connection was through george hw bush.
Thats like arguing every President went to Harvard. Why exactly do you view it as a negative.

Do you believe our leaders should be independent of each other and never draw ideas from each other ?

for liability purposes, I have no clue if all presidents since Kennedy have actually had a connection, im simply debating on the premise.

Old 05-06-2015, 12:36 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,894,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Thats like arguing every President went to Harvard. Why exactly do you view it as a negative.

Do you believe our leaders should be independent of each other and never draw ideas from each other ?

for liability purposes, I have no clue if all presidents since Kennedy have actually had a connection, im simply debating on the premise.
I think that it's more important that Presidents have a connection to the people, rather than to the Trilateral Commission. When they fail to demonstrate that real connection to the people of the United States, they fail to get votes. If nominations are based on a connection to some elitist network, so that the American people are limited in their choices, I think that goes to the issue of income inequality, which is a significant issue, one with resonance for many Americans. The fact that candidates often point to humble backgrounds underscores that it is an issue, but it's one that we, as a people, struggle to grapple with. We ascribe to a capitalist model, where people move up in society based on merit, but we recognize that while that can and does happen, that people also move up based on their connections, connections they are sometime born with, and connections that can be acquired, by the right schools, the right clubs, and so on. And when advancement is based on connections, sometimes merit doesn't matter. But for the American people, merit should matter, a great deal, when selecting our President.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections