Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2015, 01:36 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 27 days ago)

29,573 posts, read 16,560,540 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
so someone who has real world experience of running a company is not somehow qualified to be president, but yet a junior senator who had NO executive experience what so ever was?
What company did Ben Carson run?????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2015, 01:40 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,143,230 times
Quote:
so someone who has real world experience of running a company is not somehow qualified to be president, but yet a junior senator who had NO executive experience what so ever was?
Qualified? That's for the voters to determine.

I think experience in government counts for something. Running the government is not like running a business and experience helps. Obama was a state senator, and then the junior senator from Illinois. Personally I think Hillary Clinton has a much more impressive resume for president.

Funny how you don't here the executive experience meme from the right wingers when THEY nominate a senator...

Old 05-06-2015, 01:45 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 27 days ago)

29,573 posts, read 16,560,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
Qualified? That's for the voters to determine.

I think experience in government counts for something. Running the government is not like running a business and experience helps. Obama was a state senator, and then the junior senator from Illinois. Personally I think Hillary Clinton has a much more impressive resume for president.

Funny how you don't here the executive experience meme from the right wingers when THEY nominate a senator...
Ted Cruz will have been in the senate the exact same amount of time as President obama.

Old 05-06-2015, 01:48 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,669,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Ted Cruz will have been in the senate the exact same amount of time as President obama.
Yes! But he managed to shut the entire government down when he didn't get his way. Obama was never able to do that. Ted has proven he can get something done, even if it's shooting the only cow on the farm that give's milk.
Also his sheer determination and persistence in his rendition of "Green Eggs and Ham" was a tour de force and will resonate in the halls of the Senate for Centuries.

(Heavy Sarcasm)

Old 05-06-2015, 01:52 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,078,885 times
Quote:
First, I would like to ask the same question. What business did Dr.Carson run?

Obama was the Director of both the Developing Communities Project and Project Vote on top of being a professor of constitutional law as well as 11 years as a practicing civil rights attorney. Every entry on his resume is relevant to political office. The same cannot be said for Carson.

Old 05-06-2015, 01:58 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,863,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
What company did Ben Carson run?????
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
First, I would like to ask the same question. What business did Dr.Carson run?

Obama was the Director of both the Developing Communities Project and Project Vote on top of being a professor of constitutional law as well as 11 years as a practicing civil rights attorney. Every entry on his resume is relevant to political office. The same cannot be said for Carson.
Quote:
1984: At age 33, he became the youngest major division director in Johns Hopkins history, as director of pediatric neurosurgery.
Quote:
Carson has served on the boards of the Kellogg Company, Costco, and the Academy of Achievement. He is an emeritus fellow of the Yale Corporation
like i keep saying, try reading up on the guy before you judge him;

Ben Carson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 05-06-2015, 02:04 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,135,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashes1 View Post
Every black person who dares to speak against liberal dogma gets called an Uncle Tom. That's how you keep a population under control. Brand anyone who disagrees with you as a sell out to your people.
I think black people just don't respect him as a politician.

I personally think he's clueless when it comes to politics and what's best for this country.

Old 05-06-2015, 02:10 PM

2,172 posts, read 1,454,995 times
Quote:
BRODY: How is that conversation going with God about this potential presidential run? Has He grabbed you by the collar yet? I read an article about that.
CARSON: I feel fingers. But, um, it’s mostly me. I have to be sure. And I have a surgical personality which says always look before you leap, and don’t leap before you have to.
I'm feeling a finger. A big middle one.

Old 05-06-2015, 02:12 PM

5,404 posts, read 16,001,992 times
I wish polititians would keep their "social views" to themselves. I want a president who will focus on our military and keeping our country secure. I want a president (and congress) that will CUT spending....big time cuts! And, big time tax cuts, and reduced regulations.

We need to get rid of Obamacare, too. Actually, all health insurance...here is why. My uncle recently had a pacemaker implanted. It's "out patient" surgery. They billed the insurance $101,878.66. That's right. They "wrote off" (by contractual agreement) $94, 000.00. This is insane. There is NO WAY this procedure came close to that cost. This is what INSURANCE does...it causes prices to balloon....

Old 05-06-2015, 02:33 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,916,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb at sea View Post
I wish polititians would keep their "social views" to themselves. I want a president who will focus on our military and keeping our country secure. I want a president (and congress) that will CUT spending....big time cuts! And, big time tax cuts, and reduced regulations.
You do realize that big time cuts into the budget and big time tax cuts likely cause a net equal? Say I cut spending by 5% but because the changes I've made to the tax code decreases taxes revenue at an equal amount (dollar wise) we'll see no dent in the debt. Any tax cut needs bigger budget cuts to account for that, especially with trillions of dollars of debt. Why don't people get this simple accounting principle?

FYI, I agree on the social issues part. I hate how the religious right is forcing religious principles down our throats.

Quote:
We need to get rid of Obamacare, too. Actually, all health insurance...here is why. My uncle recently had a pacemaker implanted. It's "out patient" surgery. They billed the insurance $101,878.66. That's right. They "wrote off" (by contractual agreement) $94, 000.00. This is insane. There is NO WAY this procedure came close to that cost. This is what INSURANCE does...it causes prices to balloon....
Health insurance in America sucks and there are too many holes. We need single payer FAST. Obamacare has flaws and the previous system was no better before the immediate changes with Obamacare. This is another thing that people honestly don't understand when it comes to healthcare. The only change, I face tax penalties if I am not insured and can get onto Medicaid barring certain exceptions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections