Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2015, 02:59 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,084,295 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
like i keep saying, try reading up on the guy before you judge him;

Ben Carson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Being a division director at a hospital isn't really "running a business" so to speak. Neither is serving on a company's board of directors...though both positions are very influential and prestigious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2015, 03:46 PM

698 posts, read 588,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
This Ben Carson-- with a child like understanding of the Constitution?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5jH...ature=youtu.be

"[The constitution] doesn't say [the president] has the responsibility to carry out a judicial law..."

He has no idea how our government works... Wow.
It is obvious that everything he thinks he knows about law and politics he learned from Fox News and talk radio. Like Palin, his knowledge is restricted to right wing talking points and conspiracy theories. We can only hope that he at least stayed in a Holiday Inn Express.

Old 05-11-2015, 02:08 PM

33,582 posts, read 18,188,329 times
Ben Carson recognizes the non-thinkers.. he is trying to jump start them to think for themselves and get them to see what is the best way to serve the people through both parties.

Old 05-12-2015, 05:33 AM

28,948 posts, read 30,301,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Ben Carson recognizes the non-thinkers.. he is trying to jump start them to think for themselves and get them to see what is the best way to serve the people through both parties.
yes, I agree, I like him, so far, like what he has to say. Do I agree with him 100%? No, however, I refuse to be a one issue voter....and believe he's worth listening to....

It really upsets me, how some people turn off to someone else, the moment they hear someone doesn't agree with them 100% on all issues....that specifically is so far beyond my comprehension.....and its a shame...

Anyway, this man has my attention and apparently from reports I've been hearing, he's got a whole lot of people's attention, what bothers me, is, after believing Obama, boy, what a let down he was....now I fear not trusting any politician from here on in....

Old 05-12-2015, 05:35 AM

28,948 posts, read 30,301,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoks View Post
It is obvious that everything he thinks he knows about law and politics he learned from Fox News and talk radio. Like Palin, his knowledge is restricted to right wing talking points and conspiracy theories. We can only hope that he at least stayed in a Holiday Inn Express.

It is obvious huh?

Well, not all conspiracy theories, are made up from lies, it is obvious you don't read much...

Old 05-12-2015, 05:38 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,821,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoks View Post
and you know so much more? Hay why don't you decide to run, let's see how much you know? I am guessing he formed his ideas many years before FOX news was born or at best, didn't depend on what they had to say to make decisions. I did watch him on Chris Walace Sunday, he is very knowledgable, certainly seems to understand our nation as well as Obama did before he was elected. Does that mean I would or could support him? No, but don't beleive everything you see on UTube. Open up your mind, get your information from several sources, that is the way many of us make our decisions on who to support. I was very impressed with what he had to say when asked if he really thought he could win and he told of all his accomplishments in his life that he was told he could not achieve.

Old 05-13-2015, 04:27 PM

63,007 posts, read 29,194,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
If he says the right things that people need to hear, he might....sorry but it has nothing to do about color....its you that has a problem with it, otherwise, you wouldn't have said that....

and that is why race is a problem....there are problems on both sides of the coin, however, it has indeed changed a great deal.
These race baiters never change, do they? There have been many blacks in high office that were GOPers but that doesn't stop these type from pulling the race/color card, does it? I have full confidence that one day we will have a black Republican president and not too far in the future either.

Old 05-13-2015, 06:03 PM

601 posts, read 460,585 times
I like him too. Don't see him making it out of the meatgrinder, but if he does, I will especially like seeing him lose in the general.

Old 05-13-2015, 06:21 PM

934 posts, read 596,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shotcall View Post
I like him too. Don't see him making it out of the meatgrinder, but if he does, I will especially like seeing him lose in the general.
He reminds me of Sarah Palin

Old 05-14-2015, 09:14 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 29 days ago)

29,589 posts, read 16,568,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
like i keep saying, try reading up on the guy before you judge him;

Ben Carson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
im sure your comment was more directed at the other guy than me, but I never judged him.

That being said, you said Carson ran a company, being a division head at a hospital is not the same as running a company.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections