Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2015, 09:29 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,924,204 times

Advertisements

Cruz wont get voted by anyone outside of his base in primaries and MAYBE a few "home team" Republicans in the general (if he wins the nomination) but not the election itself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2015, 11:54 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,393,554 times
Cruz has exactly the same problems all the other candidates have. They all have their dedicated constituencies, and none of them are willing to vote for anyone other than their favorite.

I seriously doubt that whoever becomes the nominee next year will have as much grading acceptance during the final run as Mitt Romney enjoyed. But it is most obvious that the Republican party will have an even fiercer struggle within itself than the former election of 2012 had. The fight in 2014 was stronger, and nothing that could heal the divisions came out of it. 2016 is bound to be angrier, and whoever wins is going to face that anger and venomous disappointment. It will come from one quarter or another, for sure.

Old 05-13-2015, 12:03 AM

1,733 posts, read 949,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Some need to face the fact Teddy Gren Eggs and Ham Cruz is never going to rise any higher than he already has, he is disliked by enough Republicans that he his chances of ever rising above his current station in life are slim to none. Enjoy voting for Jeb Bush.

Curious- do you know why he read that story during his filibuster?

Old 05-13-2015, 12:10 AM

934 posts, read 596,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
It's not about being ready but having a viable candidate to run. Herman Cain was brought down over some alleged scandal and I wouldn't doubt the Democrats were behind it.
Democrats dont decide the GOP.nomination ans from I recall it was a parade of women accusing him of.being a horn dog

Old 05-13-2015, 08:32 AM

63,007 posts, read 29,194,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blind melon View Post
Democrats dont decide the GOP.nomination ans from I recall it was a parade of women accusing him of.being a horn dog
I didn't say he wasn't guilty. I said "alledged". In this country we are innocent till proven guilty and it is quite possible that these women were paid to say what they did by a segment of the left that just couldn't stand for the GOP to have a "fully" black candidate up against their half-black Obama. The point was that in spite of the claims by the Democrats the GOP has no problem having blacks in office. What about Condolesa Rice and a couple of others that come to mind that held high ranking offices in the GOP? No, this BS that the GOP would never allow a black or other minority to become president is just plain race baiting by the Democrats and you know it. It just might pull some black voters in their direction and as we can see they are shaking in their booties that promoting a Hispanic to the presidency might pull some Hispanic voters in. We aren't stupid you know.

Old 05-13-2015, 09:41 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,924,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I didn't say he wasn't guilty. I said "alledged". In this country we are innocent till proven guilty and it is quite possible that these women were paid to say what they did by a segment of the left that just couldn't stand for the GOP to have a "fully" black candidate up against their half-black Obama. The point was that in spite of the claims by the Democrats the GOP has no problem having blacks in office. What about Condolesa Rice and a couple of others that come to mind that held high ranking offices in the GOP? No, this BS that the GOP would never allow a black or other minority to become president is just plain race baiting by the Democrats and you know it. It just might pull some black voters in their direction and as we can see they are shaking in their booties that promoting a Hispanic to the presidency might pull some Hispanic voters in. We aren't stupid you know.
It could have been honest claims too. Who knows but at that point he had enough baggage. The population don't look fondly on sexual assault and extra-marital affairs. If the news about Monica Lewinsky happened in 1995 instead of 1998, perhaps we might have had Gore as the 43rd president as Clinton would have bowed out.

Old 05-13-2015, 10:51 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,954,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabianhorsebreeder View Post
Curious- do you know why he read that story during his filibuster?
Yes, but it was the end result, the shutdown of the government, that is what is important in my opinion and the reason he pulled it was to garner attention for himself and not to stop ACA. Cruz is not different from any other politician in Washington his support of the current issue is proof of that.

Old 05-13-2015, 10:56 AM

4,814 posts, read 3,847,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Yes, but it was the end result, the shutdown of the government, that is what is important in my opinion and the reason he pulled it was to garner attention for himself and not to stop ACA. Cruz is not different from any other politician in Washington his support of the current issue is proof of that.
I will stick with facts on the shutdown, although the government doesn't actually shutdown. You keep parroting the "Cruz shutdown" DEVOID of FACTS. Pitiful!

FACTS:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
The House started off by funding the Government and defunding Obamacare.

It next went to the Senate Democrats who said they would not negotiate, they would not compromise and voted it down.

The House then said that they would compromise by finding some middle ground. They said they wouldn't defund Obamacare, but would fund the government and this time "delay" Obamacare for one year in the manner that the President had done for big business.

Approximately a dozen Democrats had publicly called for a delay. The House voted to do that - delay Obamacare.

So, the pertinent and relevant question is - If the Democrats supported delaying Obamacare, why did THEY vote to shut down the government.

As much as the media wants to blame that on Cruz or the Republicans, it simply isn't true. The true reason for the shutdown (which actually doesn't shutdown) was simply a partisan decision made by the White House.

We all know that the President walked into the Republican meeting and said, "I am here to tell you that I will NOT negotiate and I will NOT compromise.

The White House KNEW the plan would benefit them. And it worked because you still believe it was Cruz's fault. Facts show that it wasn't.

But, hey, who cares about facts? Apparently, not many....

Old 05-13-2015, 10:57 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,954,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blind melon View Post
Correct Again.
Funny how some want to blames the Dems for the downfall of Cain, when it his own actions that lead to the results, seems they only want Dems to have personal responsibility for their actions and try to blame everyone else and make excuses for the actions of their own, that good old double standard never seems to leave us.

Old 05-13-2015, 10:59 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 29 days ago)

29,589 posts, read 16,568,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
And so it begins.

Look at the Fox News interviews with Jeb Bush in comparison to that of Ted Cruz.

All Presidential for Jeb. Very respectful and powder puff questions.
Ted, he gets the bullies looking for a fight.

Marginalize the Conservative(that is in the running) and project the Progressive Big money big government guy as the ONE(and he is not even in the running)
They did it to McCain when no one wanted McCain and they did it to Romney when no one wanted Romney.
Now they are going to Project Jeb, as if he is running and no one else matters.

Is this a transparent set-up?
OH come on now, Jeb Bush and Mitt Romney both led in the polls. John McCain's opponents simply imploded and ran bad campaigns allowing him to take the lead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections