Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2015, 08:56 AM

16,624 posts, read 8,636,025 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
And so it begins.

Look at the Fox News interviews with Jeb Bush in comparison to that of Ted Cruz.

All Presidential for Jeb. Very respectful and powder puff questions.
Ted, he gets the bullies looking for a fight.

Marginalize the Conservative(that is in the running) and project the Progressive Big money big government guy as the ONE(and he is not even in the running)
They did it to McCain when no one wanted McCain and they did it to Romney when no one wanted Romney.
Now they are going to Project Jeb, as if he is running and no one else matters.

Is this a transparent set-up?
I think much of our perceptions come from our foundational political beliefs. For example, I have felt the same way regarding McCain & Romney (neither one my cup of tea), but I feel differently about Bush. Some of that feeling is based on being a FL resident and knowing how he governed for 8 years. He was fiscally and socially conservative, not a flip flopper, worked with the other side of the isle(i.e. pragmatic), big on education from a conservative perspective(i.e. school choice/vouchers, holding teachers accountable), etc.
Now if I were asked if he checked off every box, the answer would be no. His stance on illegal aliens and how to deal with the problems associated with our porous borders is lacking. His Common Core position is one he would need to explain much better since my limited experience with it has me at a disadvantage. I suspect there may be a few other things, but by and large he is not a RINO.
Sure he is not as hard right as someone like Cruz, but I doubt someone considered that far right would win in the general election. Remember that Reagan was conservative, but not considered hard right.

So the point is that we both might be very close in score on a litmus test, but the way I perceive how Bush is treated vs. other candidates is likely different than yours. What it all boils down to me is that unless the (D's) nominate someone who is not left wing like Hillary, I will likely vote for any (R) in 2016. I say that if for no other reason, future SCOTUS and federal bench appointments that the next president will surely make.
Hillary's choices would help to destroy this country for many generations to come, and might sow the seeds of our Constitutional Republics unravelling. Bush on the other hand would likely appoint conservatives to the federal bench, helping to undue much of the damage Obama has done with his nominations.

`
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2015, 05:45 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,676,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
I think much of our perceptions come from our foundational political beliefs. For example, I have felt the same way regarding McCain & Romney (neither one my cup of tea), but I feel differently about Bush. Some of that feeling is based on being a FL resident and knowing how he governed for 8 years. He was fiscally and socially conservative, not a flip flopper, worked with the other side of the isle(i.e. pragmatic), big on education from a conservative perspective(i.e. school choice/vouchers, holding teachers accountable), etc.
Now if I were asked if he checked off every box, the answer would be no. His stance on illegal aliens and how to deal with the problems associated with our porous borders is lacking. His Common Core position is one he would need to explain much better since my limited experience with it has me at a disadvantage. I suspect there may be a few other things, but by and large he is not a RINO.
Sure he is not as hard right as someone like Cruz, but I doubt someone considered that far right would win in the general election. Remember that Reagan was conservative, but not considered hard right.

So the point is that we both might be very close in score on a litmus test, but the way I perceive how Bush is treated vs. other candidates is likely different than yours. What it all boils down to me is that unless the (D's) nominate someone who is not left wing like Hillary, I will likely vote for any (R) in 2016. I say that if for no other reason, future SCOTUS and federal bench appointments that the next president will surely make.
Hillary's choices would help to destroy this country for many generations to come, and might sow the seeds of our Constitutional Republics unravelling. Bush on the other hand would likely appoint conservatives to the federal bench, helping to undue much of the damage Obama has done with his nominations.

`

It is rather perplexing that some like you, feel the Constitution, only needs to be partially enforced on our government.

The Constitution(We The People) did not authorized the Federal government to allow illegal aliens to be here. They have no authorization to even be involved in any education of the people. Period.
I don't hear Bush even discussing Obamacare and the massive government grab of liberty, that took from We the People. Bush, another big spending, big government, micro-managing progressive.

Old 05-18-2015, 10:14 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,924,204 times
Quote:
It is rather perplexing that some like you, feel the Constitution, only needs to be partially enforced on our government.

The Constitution(We The People) did not authorized the Federal government to allow illegal aliens to be here. They have no authorization to even be involved in any education of the people. Period.
I don't hear Bush even discussing Obamacare and the massive government grab of liberty, that took from We the People. Bush, another big spending, big government, micro-managing progressive.
You do know that government (especially state) have limited individual rights before (laws limiting rights for skin color and women) and continue to with gay marriage bans and "religious freedom to discriminate" laws right. It may not be the feds but at least the federal government tries to protect the rights granted through the Declaration of Independence. You know, the most important document in US history, the one that ended our time as English colonies...

Old 05-19-2015, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
You do know that government (especially state) have limited individual rights before (laws limiting rights for skin color and women) and continue to with gay marriage bans and "religious freedom to discriminate" laws right. It may not be the feds but at least the federal government tries to protect the rights granted through the Declaration of Independence. You know, the most important document in US history, the one that ended our time as English colonies...

Unfortunately, some like you, feel the Constitution only needs to be partially enforced on our government.

Old 05-19-2015, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Unfortunately, some like you, feel the Constitution only needs to be partially enforced on our government.
Hey pot, it's me kettle. Are you calling me black again? You like to say the entire Constitution should be enforced. Does the Constitution not include what is it 27 ratified ammendments? Isn't the 14th amendment that enforces equal protection to all citizens under the law? Wouldn't that apply to states too? And before you ask, the Supreme Court has ruled several times that it does in fact do that. What is so wrong to you about the 14th amendment my friend? It maybe an unneeded one as we know we are all equals but some of us still don't know that 150 years after the ratification of that amendment. This is why libertarian utopias will never work.

Old 05-19-2015, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Hey pot, it's me kettle. Are you calling me black again? You like to say the entire Constitution should be enforced. Does the Constitution not include what is it 27 ratified ammendments? Isn't the 14th amendment that enforces equal protection to all citizens under the law? Wouldn't that apply to states too? And before you ask, the Supreme Court has ruled several times that it does in fact do that. What is so wrong to you about the 14th amendment my friend? It maybe an unneeded one as we know we are all equals but some of us still don't know that 150 years after the ratification of that amendment. This is why libertarian utopias will never work.

Old 05-19-2015, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Anything else you want to add, or are you suck on repeat?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections