Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2016, 12:21 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,123,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
At this point in the game, people just want honesty and truth. That is how he operates and why he is moving up in the polls. Today, I would imagine that Code Pink has a degree of respect for him.
I hear you and I don't disagree about the want for honesty and truth as a general proposition, but people are not going to disregard whose honesty and truth. Take climate change as an example . . . a very polarizing issue. Each side is 100% convinced whether or not climate change exists (or is a problem). If you believe that climate change is real and man-made, you are not going to buy into Ted's "honesty and truth" on the topic. In fact, you might consider him to be intentionally spreading falsehood on the issue.

People also believe that he wouldn't be able to work with anyone (even Republicans in Congress, other than perhaps the Freedom Caucus) and therefore he would perpetuate the Washington gridlock for the next four years and nothing will be accomplished. By definition, because of the purity of his ideology, he cannot compromise - it's his way or highway, and the pragmatic establishment types are not going to go along.

Mick

Old 01-11-2016, 01:06 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,847,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
I hear you and I don't disagree about the want for honesty and truth as a general proposition, but people are not going to disregard whose honesty and truth. Take climate change as an example . . . a very polarizing issue. Each side is 100% convinced whether or not climate change exists (or is a problem). If you believe that climate change is real and man-made, you are not going to buy into Ted's "honesty and truth" on the topic. In fact, you might consider him to be intentionally spreading falsehood on the issue.

People also believe that he wouldn't be able to work with anyone (even Republicans in Congress, other than perhaps the Freedom Caucus) and therefore he would perpetuate the Washington gridlock for the next four years and nothing will be accomplished. By definition, because of the purity of his ideology, he cannot compromise - it's his way or highway, and the pragmatic establishment types are not going to go along.

Mick
I didn't believe in Climate Change back in the 70's.

Old 01-11-2016, 01:07 PM

Keep The Promise has contacted 20,000 South Carolina voters in the last two months.

Quote:
Republican Primary Pits Cruz's Ground Operation Against Trump's Celebrity

“The Cruz people have some fire there,” Whetsell, who is so far unaffiliated with any candidate, said in an interview. “I’m not convinced that the Trump campaign has that sort of realness to it, at this point.”

Republican Primary Pits Cruz's Ground Operation Against Trump's Celebrity - Bloomberg Politics
Quote:
Five paid staffers’ last day was Sunday, call Cruz a ‘conservative who can win
NH staff at pro-Carson super PAC quits to volunteer for Cruz | Politics - WMUR Home

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LiE...ature=youtu.be

Old 01-11-2016, 01:14 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,843,576 times
Quote:
I didn't believe in Climate Change back in the 70's.
What? You didn't give up your spray on deodorant and Aqua Net for the good of the earth?

Well, you'll be sorry on January 27, 2016, when the earth becomes a frying pan, just like Al Gore said it would when he released "An Inconvenient Truth"!!!

I mean, we only had 10 years to save the earth and looks like we failed and we will all be dead in a couple of weeks according to Al Gore. And he is Al Gore, you know. Al. Gore.

Old 01-11-2016, 01:16 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,843,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 601halfdozen0theother View Post
Ted Cruz looks like an arsenic addict - pale, sweaty, with greasy hair.

And I've read that his college roommate has all kinds of stories about how creepy he was in college, and how the women in their college dorm thought he was a major creeper. He would wander around on the women's floor in his open bathrobe.

Ted Cruz is just gross and icky. I definitely would bathe in hand sanitizer if he ever touched me. Ick.

I think you are talking about Al Gore.

Old 01-11-2016, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
What? You didn't give up your spray on deodorant and Aqua Net for the good of the earth?

Well, you'll be sorry on January 27, 2016, when the earth becomes a frying pan, just like Al Gore said it would when he released "An Inconvenient Truth"!!!

I mean, we only had 10 years to save the earth and looks like we failed and we will all be dead in a couple of weeks according to Al Gore. And he is Al Gore, you know. Al. Gore.
Hahahahahahahahahaha!

Have you ever smelled Aqua Net? That is some serious hairspray! No, I have never used it.

Old 01-11-2016, 02:07 PM

6,904 posts, read 7,615,474 times
Ted Cruz is vomitous because:

1) He is an extremesouthernchistianwacko and we don't want one of those as President of our country. (Sorry, Tea Party Creepers, you are in the MINORITY in our country, thank goodness.)

2) He is against the Affordable Care Act. Granted, most Conservative morons are too.

3) He wants a flat tax, would be incredibly burdensome to low income earners. Learn about this, Tea Party Morons.

4) He is against academic standards in schools, and wants charter schools and vouchers for private christian schools, which is completely unAmerican and is typical of Tea Party Creeper Morons.

5) He is so partisan that he has been in the forefront of congressional gridlock, ensuring that Congress accomplishes nothing at all. That's not the way a country can be run, you creeper moron Tea Party piece of phlem.

6) He has no understanding of the role of the Supreme Court. The Founding Fathers created a system of checks and balances for a reason, you contemptible Tea Party moronic creeper scum.

7) He is for government interference in our personal lives.

8) As an extremesouthernchristianwacko he loves and adores the nation of Israel, which has been so detrimental to the United States.

9) He offers NO solutions to the issue of illegal immigration, but instead whines and complains and obstructs any effort to do anything.

Of course, those of you IN THE MINORITY who agree with these views will love him.

But, fortunately, you are IN THE MINORITY of our country.

Republicans should definitely run him as their nominee!

Thus ensuring a Democrat win next November.

Last edited by 601halfdozen0theother; 01-11-2016 at 02:08 PM.. Reason: grammar

Old 01-11-2016, 02:29 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,375,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
I disagree. Conservatives believe that true fiscal and social conservatism will prevail every time, but that's not where the majority of the country is. Any political scientist will tell you that the ideology scale in this country looks like a bell curve . . . most clustered somewhere in the middle, and very little all the way to the left and all the way to the right. How is Sen. Cruz going to overcome this? He can't. He can pivot 180 degrees after getting the RNC nomination to be acceptable to more of the general electorate, but that would turn off pure conservatives for sure, and people would easily recognize his insincerity if he did that. To relate better to this, consider Sen. Sanders winning the DNC nomination - do you think he can win the general against anyone (maybe Trump and Cruz?).

Mick
You might be right, but I think that an ideologue can win under the right circumstances. Both Reagan and Obama did it. Recall that Obama even said that he wanted to be 'transformational' in the way that Reagan was (and Clinton was not, according to Barack).

First, the ideologue has to be able to recast the election as competence vs incompetence instead of right vs left. Both RR & BO did this. Second in the case of Cruz, he'll need to recast himself as a constitutionalist returning to founding pri ciples as RR did.

Lastly, the ideologue needs a weak opponent, and there is every reason to believe Cruz would have that

Old 01-11-2016, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
You're right on illegal immigration. Right now he is trying to "snow" people with his double talk and his snarky little comments when he is called out on being "vague". And, yes, if he is nominated, it will ensure a Democratic win which as much as I would hate to see, it would be better than the loss our whole country would endure at the hands of Cruz.
You won't find Ted Cruz offering one amendment or one floor speech supporting Amnesty. His effort to block bad legislation was brilliant and effective. The Gang of 8 failed in trying to hide the fact that they were really only supporting Amnesty. He forced them in the headlights and they folded up like a cheap tent.

Old 01-11-2016, 03:52 PM

25,968 posts, read 22,154,119 times
Quote:
You won't find Ted Cruz offering one amendment or one floor speech supporting Amnesty. His effort to block bad legislation was brilliant and effective. The Gang of 8 failed in trying to hide the fact that they were really only supporting Amnesty. He forced them in the headlights and they folded up like a cheap tent.
He refuses to answer specific questions. When asked about whether he would deport illegals with anchor babies, he would not answer. Kelly Presses Cruz: You're 'Dodging,' 'Just Say' If You Would Deport Anchor Babies | MRCTV

They are not "anchors: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ation-defense/

Why doesn't he answer that question? Oh, that's right, he is so interested in his part as an "anointed" one that he can't think straight! Obsessed with the "end of times", he just has brain fog!

He also goes on to say that he isn't going to really make any effort in enforcement and basically continue with what is being done now. If they happen to find someone, they might deport them. He has no plan and if someone sticks a few bucks in his pocket, he'll just change his mind anyway. Like I said before, he flip-flops like a fish out of water.

Separation of church and state! Ted Cruz needs to go back to Texas and stay there! I wouldn't vote for a radical Christian like Cruz and when everyone else realizes what he is, he is going to drop in the polls. It is my hope that supporters of Cruz would not be a part of a conference where one of the speakers in addition to Cruz believes that gays should be killed. I thought that was only a part of radical Islam.

Oh, and he avoids the questions as to not say that he lied and that is why he twists and turns what he says. Double talk. He can take that back to TX too!

And, this is the article and I realize that Cruz claims that he didn't flip-flop was being deceitful. I didn't realize that Christianity embraced being deceitful. http://mediamatters.org/research/201...pocrisy/207579

I guess I was wrong about the Christianity that Cruz "practices". Hey, isn't he on his knees every morning and reading the word of God? I guess his comprehension level isn't very high. Deceit is not of God.

I guess as a brilliant liar, that would make him the GOP Hillary?

Last edited by AnywhereElse; 01-11-2016 at 04:04 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections