Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2009, 02:50 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,656,665 times

Advertisements

Well congrats to you Myrtle Beach it seems so far 13 prospects have been looking at the Hard Rock Theme Park to purchase.
One group has two million down towards the deal to purchase.
Another local group ( owner of the water park in Surfside) also has been working to make a deal.

From what I was reading the organization with the deposit would have an enhanced park with NO admission. Profit would come from other attractions and rides at the site.

Plans for additional attractions are in the works......

Now, this might work. I most likely won't be under the Hard Rock "name" which was leased at over 2Million a year for useage......

I think a park that is expanded upon. A park similar to the old pavilion, a family type park, with the addition of music.....might finally be the ticket!

There is mention of different types of music....

I'm so pleased that this area will perhaps not go to waste.

I drove by there yesterday.....It surprised me to see that the huge roller coaster was still standing tall. I had heard word that the area was torn down.......big rumor for sure.

So this has been your headlines in Myrtle Beach for a couple of days.
I know we all can cross our fingers and hope that the best group prepared to do the right choices, and the right costs for this area...are the ones who win the deal.....

Best of luck to you Myrtle Beach....I want to see it work.
So do it right please...Make it a Great Adventure type of place with music and fun. Even a little shagin'........Cheers
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2009, 07:38 PM

24 posts, read 58,782 times
IMO... an amusement needs to have rides.....and a lot of them if they were gonna charge $50/person.
Great Adventure, Hershey Park, Dorney Park.... all have a ton of rides. I myself LOVE rollercoasters... They only had 1 coaster that actually looped.... the rest were for kids if you ask me. So yea, $50 was a little steep for me to stand in line and wait for the LZ.... and honestly I could care less about Elvis's original blue suede shoes. )
If they're gonna succeed, they have to either lower the admission price or add more 'thrills'....

Oh, I heard hot dogs were $8.00.... if that's true.... G'lord!!!!

I don't want to see it go to waste either... and I hope they can get it up and running again.... we'll see what happens.

Old 02-14-2009, 09:51 AM

Yes, your so right.........I totally agree. It has to be a true all day amusement type of park.
From what I heard it was NOT going to have an admission nor a parking fee........
This from the current group with the deposit on it.......
I'm sure if it was more like a Disney park or Universal, people wouldn't mind the admission fee.
Right now it needs more and it needs to be reasonable.......
I hope the right person buys it, or it will again fail...........crossing fingers as we speak!

Old 02-14-2009, 11:18 AM

28 posts, read 137,798 times
Thanks for the update - and for always being so positive!

Good luck to who ever buys it, but for sure if it gets picked up for 25 million it will be a lot easier to make a success of it than if you are trying to turn a profit on a 400 million investment.

If it were free to get in then I think a LOT more people would come, maybe even turn it into someting similar to broadway at the beach which is hugely popular with a lot of people. I know that there will be plenty of people grateful for the work that it brings and I for one will definately go to check it out when it re-opens.

I hope that the people of Myrtle Beach get behind the new owners and give them our support - there have been enough ill wishers already so lets take a leaf from Summering's book and see this as the positive oportunity that it is!

Old 02-17-2009, 08:42 AM

Thank you T...ERR..........
I see this coming back as a family friendly park. Something like Universal, but more like a Great Adventure type park. I can't wait to bring the little fellows next year.
If done right this will bring families from near and far to the park. Its looking good for a successful buyer.........things are looking up. Good luck to you Myrtle beach....
I think this time things will go just right...... Its exciting and I can't wait!

Old 02-17-2009, 04:01 PM

Sale was approved.........
Looks like the plans are to open the park by Memorial Day..........Yahoooo!

Old 02-17-2009, 06:38 PM

272 posts, read 729,913 times
Let's not let up now! We need to look ahead to the NEXT theme park!

Are there any warm-weather penguins?

Old 02-18-2009, 04:17 PM

A little worried I am......
I just listened to the new President/Owner on TV.
He said the admission might be around the thirty range, and a "few" kids rides would be added.
Well, again........here goes someone who might not get it right, following in the previous owners footsteps.
In order to get people in right now, at this point........It needs to be a free admission. Just because, as it stands, it has no good "rep." It needs MORE then a few kids rides, a few is not gonna' cut it.
I so want to see it succeed........
It needed a bigger, grander, substance. It needs the hoopla to get the family to want to visit.
Think about this...Will you take your family of 6 with three kids if it is thirty each and it has six or so additional rides? Nope! Because you can go to Broadway at the beach for free and purchase kids ride tickets, or to the Kingdom Park by the ocean.....free, except the ride costs...
I have high hope that someone with some family fun knowledge steps in and pull this off......
Speak up Myrtle Beach...
Actually swampwolf, maybe an animal section would be great........but, it would have to be done the correct way.......nature friendly.
I hope these guys are aware that they can not open the same place, with the same idea....and just a twenty dollar lower price. That won't work........ Someone please whisper that in their ear.

Old 02-18-2009, 04:42 PM

272 posts, read 729,913 times
Sounds like it's going to be gators again.

Old 02-18-2009, 06:02 PM
GJM

465 posts, read 1,879,762 times
I think the one article I read, the new owner was talking about adding more kid rides - to have enough to do for 3 1/2 - 4 hours. I think they need more then that. Even if the price is $35 I would hope to spend the day.

Kind of like Six Flags, or Hershey Park. I know alot of people mention Carowinds, I think. I have never been there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area