Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2016, 04:09 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,123,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
I didn't believe in Climate Change back in the 70's.
So you are not Heidi Cruz . . .

Mick

Old 01-11-2016, 04:37 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,847,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
So you are not Heidi Cruz . . .

Mick
Only Heidi knows...

Old 01-11-2016, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
He refuses to answer specific questions. When asked about whether he would deport illegals with anchor babies, he would not answer. Kelly Presses Cruz: You're 'Dodging,' 'Just Say' If You Would Deport Anchor Babies | MRCTV

They are not "anchors: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ation-defense/

Why doesn't he answer that question? Oh, that's right, he is so interested in his part as an "anointed" one that he can't think straight! Obsessed with the "end of times", he just has brain fog!

He also goes on to say that he isn't going to really make any effort in enforcement and basically continue with what is being done now. If they happen to find someone, they might deport them. He has no plan and if someone sticks a few bucks in his pocket, he'll just change his mind anyway. Like I said before, he flip-flops like a fish out of water.

Separation of church and state! Ted Cruz needs to go back to Texas and stay there! I wouldn't vote for a radical Christian like Cruz and when everyone else realizes what he is, he is going to drop in the polls. It is my hope that supporters of Cruz would not be a part of a conference where one of the speakers in addition to Cruz believes that gays should be killed. I thought that was only a part of radical Islam.

Oh, and he avoids the questions as to not say that he lied and that is why he twists and turns what he says. Double talk. He can take that back to TX too!

And, this is the article and I realize that Cruz claims that he didn't flip-flop was being deceitful. I didn't realize that Christianity embraced being deceitful. Media Blast Ted Cruz's "Dishonesty" And "Hypocrisy" Over Previous Immigration Positions | Research | Media Matters for America

I guess I was wrong about the Christianity that Cruz "practices". Hey, isn't he on his knees every morning and reading the word of God? I guess his comprehension level isn't very high. Deceit is not of God.

I guess as a brilliant liar, that would make him the GOP Hillary?
Ted Cruz was very specific here in this video. He always has been. Read and listen to his words. And please with the Media Matters link. It just tells me you are not voting on a Republican ticket.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRl5TIHpZs4

Old 01-11-2016, 04:55 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,843,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
I think the Cruz campaign will have to recognize that there is a certain contingent of low info types who have a visceral reaction against him as this poster does. They don't like the shape of his nose or whatever. The campaign will have to play it smart and find ways to overcome this. Maybe a bunch of ads featuring his wife and daughters or something. He's going to need some world class Madison Ave minds to deal with this contingent.
I don't think Cruz is worried about those types of voters to be honest. They would never have voted for him regardless of whether he had movie star looks and the charm of Bill Clinton circa 1992.

The voters Cruz needs to connect with are those who are disenfranchised from both the GOP and the Democrat party that want someone who doesn't lie and who respects the Constitution. No one who votes on the leader of the free world based on what they can get from the government, or who is the cutest or most fun to have a beer with, or some other absurd reasoning is less likely to vote in the first place, and if they do vote, it will be based on what everyone else is doing or based on what SNL skit is funniest or what MSNBC tells them they should focus on.

I really don't think that Cruz will have a problem getting his message out if/when he wins the nomination.

Old 01-11-2016, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
I disagree. Conservatives believe that true fiscal and social conservatism will prevail every time, but that's not where the majority of the country is. Any political scientist will tell you that the ideology scale in this country looks like a bell curve . . . most clustered somewhere in the middle, and very little all the way to the left and all the way to the right. How is Sen. Cruz going to overcome this? He can't. He can pivot 180 degrees after getting the RNC nomination to be acceptable to more of the general electorate, but that would turn off pure conservatives for sure, and people would easily recognize his insincerity if he did that. To relate better to this, consider Sen. Sanders winning the DNC nomination - do you think he can win the general against anyone (maybe Trump and Cruz?).

Mick

How did Reagan do it? Twice?

Old 01-11-2016, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
You might be right, but I think that an ideologue can win under the right circumstances. Both Reagan and Obama did it. Recall that Obama even said that he wanted to be 'transformational' in the way that Reagan was (and Clinton was not, according to Barack).

First, the ideologue has to be able to recast the election as competence vs incompetence instead of right vs left. Both RR & BO did this. Second in the case of Cruz, he'll need to recast himself as a constitutionalist returning to founding pri ciples as RR did.

Lastly, the ideologue needs a weak opponent, and there is every reason to believe Cruz would have that

Recast himself as a Constitutionalist? How is that not clearly obvious at this point? The only recasting I can think of is based on Alan Dershowitz' description of Cruz as much more libertarian when he was at Harvard. That is really the only thing I can think of that Cruz would change in the general election.

Old 01-11-2016, 05:05 PM

25,968 posts, read 22,154,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Ted Cruz was very specific here in this video. He always has been. Read and listen to his words. And please with the Media Matters link. It just tells me you are not voting on a Republican ticket.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRl5TIHpZs4
I just wanted it clear to others what a deceitful person he was on illegal immigration. I could never vote for someone that belonged to a religion that advocates killing gays. People commit a lot of sins but other than murder, I would never want them to be killed for their sin while on earth.

At this point, knowing that Cruz is consumed by getting his fellow Christians in place for "the end of times", I wouldn't care if he promised to apprehend each illegal personally and walk them back across the border.

He will not answer the question about deporting illegal parents with anchor babies.

Notice when he asked a question that he double-talks it. He is making a lot of effort to deflect from questions about himself, family and background. There must be a reason.

From the video link, it is obvious that he plans to just let it go unless they are a criminal. E-Verify won't get that many since many work under the table and others are using the identities of citizens. If they can't get jobs, they steal and/or pop out anchor babies which e-verify won't pick up.

So, anyone with a clue that watched video saw him dance around the issue. He doesn't see any urgency in this.
I guess he figures that "end of times" can take care of that.

Old 01-11-2016, 05:16 PM

Quote:
I just wanted it clear to others what a deceitful person he was on illegal immigration. I could never vote for someone that belonged to a religion that advocates killing gays. People commit a lot of sins but other than murder, I would never want them to be killed for their sin while on earth.

At this point, knowing that Cruz is consumed by getting his fellow Christians in place for "the end of times", I wouldn't care if he promised to apprehend each illegal personally and walk them back across the border.

He will not answer the question about deporting illegal parents with anchor babies.

Notice when he asked a question that he double-talks it. He is making a lot of effort to deflect from questions about himself, family and background. There must be a reason.

From the video link, it is obvious that he plans to just let it go unless they are a criminal. E-Verify won't get that many since many work under the table and others are using the identities of citizens. If they can't get jobs, they steal and/or pop out anchor babies which e-verify won't pick up.

So, anyone with a clue that watched video saw him dance around the issue. He doesn't see any urgency in this.
I guess he figures that "end of times" can take care of that.
Cruz is not a Muslim??? That is the only religion in modern society that not only advocates the death of homosexuals, it actually engages in the murder of homosexuals.

It sounds like you are someone who never intended on voting for Cruz, so you are creating false and hyperbolic excuses for no apparent reason other than to express your bigoted views of Christianity.

Old 01-11-2016, 05:33 PM

25,968 posts, read 22,154,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
Cruz is not a Muslim??? That is the only religion in modern society that not only advocates the death of homosexuals, it actually engages in the murder of homosexuals.

It sounds like you are someone who never intended on voting for Cruz, so you are creating false and hyperbolic excuses for no apparent reason other than to express your bigoted views of Christianity.
Here is the information on the conference that Cruz attended, video of one of the nut cases follows, look at the "vision" since it proves that old Cruddy Cruz knew the subject: https://freedom2015.org/ Do you support the killing of gays as part of what will be necessary for the "end of times" whatever.

Trump! Trump! Trump! Or if you want someone that is truly a good Christian man, look at Dr. Carson, someone with integrity and patriotism. The God I worship does not support killing gays so I don't know who the heck Cruz's god is, probably himself with his "holier than thou" crap.

So, the Cruz group has not started killing yet but just advocating is wrong but I guess you don't believe that? Seriously, were Cruz supporters here at this conference? See, other than Islam, I have never hear of any religion that thought gays should be killed. I guess that may not be news to some but, boy, it is news to me.

Maddow: Cruz Must Answer For Appearance At 'Kill-The-Gays' Conference | Right Wing Watch

Your candidate was here at this conference as a speaker and no one in there right mind would be a part of this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pLobWHDdVw

Last edited by AnywhereElse; 01-11-2016 at 05:41 PM..

Old 01-11-2016, 05:37 PM

Quote:
So, the Cruz group has started yet but just advocating is wrong but I guess you don't believe that?

Your candidate was here at this conference as a speaker and no one in there right mind would be a part of this:
Maddow lies about the title of the Conference. And I already answered your question on this.

//www.city-data.com/forum/42597535-post5.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections