Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2015, 08:39 AM

26,580 posts, read 14,520,920 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
Please settle down your outrage about event attendance figures.
ha! you can't admit to it. trump lied. it doesn't matter to me what the attendance was but obviously it did to trump. he needed to inflate the number by 3 times.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2015, 08:40 AM

56,966 posts, read 35,328,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
mccain is an *****hole and should be bounced from the senate, it should have been done years ago actually. however until there is verifiable proof of wrong doing, and both sides of the story are fully told, i wont denigrate the service of either mccain or kerry.
I love and revere John McCain. But I'm biased because he's a fellow Arizonan.

That said, I can't vote for him for national office. His foreign policy is too damn belligerent.

Old 07-19-2015, 08:41 AM

29,003 posts, read 30,432,215 times
I wonder how many of you actually went in and listened to the entire video, not the video that was relased by the media.....

this sentence, should speak for itself, please, go in and read, arm yourself with information......

(Many of us who knew what McCain had done didn’t know how much power the money boys behind Palin and McCain could go to suppress this information during the campaign) that sentence in itself should prove the power that is running Washington...

Old 07-19-2015, 08:41 AM

26,580 posts, read 14,520,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM05 View Post
Realize, Eddie, babblers only can Babble.
and yet you've never been able to point out one thing that i've said that is false.

Old 07-19-2015, 08:42 AM

76,966 posts, read 47,838,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I'm not taking away McCain's pain that he suffered....what I'm saying is, that he as a POW, has not done very much for Veterans? Why?

I'm sorry, but the moment Cain started speaking about the illegals and building a wall and adhearing to our laws....that is when they started saying he was an adulterer, and I heard Cain on a radio talk show, he didn't say it, the talk show host said, "and you were sabatoged" and Cain replied, "yes".

I'm sorry but my spelling is really off today....
What McCain has, or has not done for veterans has nothing to do with Trumps comments about him not being a war hero, and his "I like people who did not get captured". You are trying to deflect from those comments.

Old 07-19-2015, 08:42 AM

29,003 posts, read 30,432,215 times
Washington, all of washington is corrupt, they are all running for their jobs, doing the bidding of those who fund their campaigns....

please people wake up

Old 07-19-2015, 08:46 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,981,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I love and revere John McCain. But I'm biased because he's a fellow Arizonan.

That said, I can't vote for him for national office. His foreign policy is too damn belligerent.
i used to revere mccain, and have voted for him many times over the years, but that was when he was a true maverick and did what was right for the country and not for his political career. these days however mccain is doing what is politically expedient and not what is right.

Old 07-19-2015, 08:50 AM

700 posts, read 640,028 times
“He’s not a war hero,”
“He’s a war hero because he was captured. I like people that weren’t captured.”

How can that be taken out of context? Trump wasn't commenting on McCain's post-war political record. He's essentially belittling his captivity. Does this country want a commander-in-chief who thinks so little of POWs?

As for "da liberal media";

"His attack on veterans make him unfit to be Commander-in-Chief of the U.S. Armed Forces, and he should immediately withdraw from the race for President.” --Rick Perry

"...the exception I made is when someone goes personal and attacks an American hero. You may agree or disagree with some of his politics, but John McCain is an American hero and I will defend him and any other veteran who's been a prisoner of war." -- Scott Walker

"Senator McCain is an American hero because he served his country and sacrificed more than most can imagine. Period. There is no place in our party or our country for comments that disparage those who have served honorably." -- Republican National Committee

"After Donald Trump spends six years in a POW camp, he can weigh in on John McCain's service" --Bobby Jindal

"If there was ever any doubt that @realDonaldTrump should not be our commander in chief, this stupid statement should end all doubt." --Lindsay Graham

"America’s POWs deserve much better than to have their service questioned by the offensive rantings of Donald Trump" --Marco Rubio

"The difference between @SenJohnMcCain and @realDonaldTrump: Trump shot himself down. McCain and American veterans are true heroes." --Mitt Romney

Old 07-19-2015, 08:54 AM

39,494 posts, read 27,841,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5trillion View Post
“He’s not a war hero,”
“He’s a war hero because he was captured. I like people that weren’t captured.”

How can that be taken out of context?
well, If Trump said

"He is not a war hero (because he did not support his fellow veterans), he is a war hero because he was captured, I ALSO like people that were not captured."

Is it more acceptable to you?

I think Trump's comment is inappropriate, but that is it. I don't believe he meant to disrespect POWs.

Old 07-19-2015, 08:56 AM

15,683 posts, read 10,476,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
how can you not, apparently you didn't even listen to the video or read the report, did you, you just jumped in and made judgement, without arming yourself with some information...simply believeing the media....
Creme, I've read Trump's remarks about McCain. How can Trump deny the man's sacrifice? McCain was shot down in 1967 over North Vietnam and fractured both arms and legs after being ejected from his aircraft. He was repeatedly tortured during his stay in the notorious "Hanoi Hilton" and refused early release when the North Vietnamese learned his father was a Navy admiral until he finally returned home in 1973 following the Paris Peace Accords. McCain now has limited mobility in his arms following his war experience, and received the Distinguished Flying Cross, a Silver Star and a Purple Heart for his service.

How is McCain not a hero?

Trump has license to disagree with and criticize McCain's treatment of veterans. That is fair game. However, he was absolutely wrong to attack McCain's personal sacrifices and record especially considering Trump sought and received deferrals from military service during Vietnam.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections