Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2015, 06:29 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,156,622 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
"This McCain flap is really hurting Trump...."
The poll was conducted July 16-19, 2015. Trump made his comments on the 18th and they became common knowledge to news junkies later that day and the next.
Polls show reaction to Donald Trump's McCain remarks - CNNPolitics.com

Overall, the new national poll from the Washington Post and ABC News finds Trump at the top of the field nationally with 24% support among Republican registered voters, well ahead of his closest rivals, Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker (13%) and Florida Gov. Jeb Bush (12%).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2015, 06:31 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,471,556 times
trump is the best asset that dems have. as long as guys like trump are running the dems will stay in power.

Old 07-20-2015, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
He peaked way too early. But just like the 2012 primary season, it was his turn to be the flavor of the month. August will be someone else's turn.
Says those voting for Hillary.. Who peaked as well.

Old 07-20-2015, 06:34 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,250,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
He peaked way too early. But just like the 2012 primary season, it was his turn to be the flavor of the month. August will be someone else's turn.

I do hope Trump doesn't crash and burn too soon, though. He needs to be in the debates so the country gets a real good look at what a far right candidate looks like. It's the best advertising the Democratic party has.
The only difference in Trump and Hillary is the level of the lies.

Old 07-20-2015, 06:39 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,414,055 times
Trump supporters are tools. Tools for Trump. Catchy name. And it describes every single one of them.

Old 07-20-2015, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Not Really, Trump is directly engaging on Veteran Issue and will work himself from that McCain Comment.
Yes he will, but it was still a stupid ass comment..

Old 07-20-2015, 07:13 PM

39,086 posts, read 51,273,483 times
The Republicans have one who went, as they say, off the reservation. Bush, Reince, and the oligarchs will huddle and come up with a strategy and Mr. Trump will be taken care of. Bush is the nominee. Anyone who thinks otherwise is very naive.

Old 07-20-2015, 07:20 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,920,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
"This McCain flap is really hurting Trump...."
The poll was conducted July 16-19, 2015. Trump made his comments on the 18th and they became common knowledge to news junkies later that day and the next.
Yeah there's that. Then throw in the sustained backlash and he'll be irrelevant. All he needs is vets to pretest him in droves and he's sunk. I've not had uncles who been drafted but I had grandparents and great relatives who all served and I'll join with them. One I think was even a LOW and another dyed of mustard gas related causes.

Old 07-20-2015, 07:24 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,672,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
If you had listened to that interview, where he made the comment, and therefore knew the context and the tone, you weren't offended. But the Leftist media doesn't want you to hear the context or the tone. They only keep repeating the words that McCain is no war hero. That's what they want you to focus on.

Those who are Trump supporters aren't that dumb. They know what's going on here, and they aren't swayed. That's why they still support him.

McCain called Trump supporters, "crazies." Is he going to apologize? He also called many of us "wacko birds," a couple of years back. Is he going to apologize for his offensive remarks?

I agree with Trump. McCain is only a hero in the eyes of some because he was shot down (after disobeying orders) and taken prisoner. His daddy was an Admiral. I guess he figured he could do what he wanted.

McCain has a big mouth, as does Trump. But the difference is that Trump doesn't stick his foot in it. McCain does.

Trump doesn't need to apologize because he is right.
I think your assessment is correct and fits this Redneck Logic as it was explained to me.

We are all frogs put into the pot to boil. Some of the frogs enjoy the fresh water,
and run up the white flag promising they will never leave. Rumor has it they may have been offered breeding class status but no guarantee of virgins. ( those poor Bast$$ds )

Trump supporters are the ones who were not so thrilled to be in the pot in the first place.
Now that the temperature is getting warmer they are jumping out. The media with their own agenda is trying to keep the lid on.
The media wants to keep as many in the pot as possible so the owners ( 1% ) can gorge themselves on the tasty frog legs. They will toss the bones and other table scraps to the servant class.
The talking heads are enjoying good pay and benefits and will until the servant class is large enough and they are no longer needed. They can then be entered into the pot.

Old 07-20-2015, 07:36 PM

8,390 posts, read 11,612,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
I'm thinking of switching my voter registration to Repug just so I can vote for TRUMP in the primary
Me too! I'm independent but I think I'll switch so I can get him in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections