Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2015, 12:43 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,321,294 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotcall View Post
His race has nothing to do with his political views.
Funny since most of his views have been about African Americans.

Quote:
He is a conservative republican,
No he is a reactionary Republican.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2015, 12:45 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,548 posts, read 16,528,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel View Post
What are your thoughts on him?
Quote:
Uncle Tom?
No

Quote:
Lucky?
Yes, anyone who has obtained the current result of being a world renowned surgeon and a Presidential candidate(credible one that is) has had luck.

That is not to say he does not have skill and hasnt worked hard to be where he is.

Quote:
A pawn of the white establishment?
no, but a token of the white Conservative, yes.

I say this for the same reason you posted this article and because of personal experience with my white conservative friends who do the same.

Quote:
Does his color matter or only his policies?
His color doesnt matter to me, but it seems to matter to others, mainly conservatives who seem baffled by the fact that African Americans who identify with the Democratic Party and more specifically Liberals, would not then support a Conservative Republican. They dont ask that same question when it came to Mitt Romney or John McCain.

Quote:
Is he out of touch with the black community?
His comments on race arefew and far between so I dont know.

Quote:
Would you vote for him as POTUS or VP?
Nope. Already mentioned why.

Quote:
If he were the Repub candidate or VP candidate, how much of the black vote would he get compared to Hilary?
He will get 4% of the black vote.

Old 08-14-2015, 12:46 PM

33,547 posts, read 18,143,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Taratova, I'm speaking to Ben Carson's policy positions not his respect for black people. There's no need to get racial and single black people out in a negative way. There are many good conservative ideas that should at least be listened to, but your type makes it hard for the majority of us to work towards common ground.

There are no white elitist pulling our strings from above. Unlike in the Republican party we [black people] are party to the policy conversation. We occupy a seat at the table and we're in a position to be decision makers within the Party. When strategy is decided blacks are there, when legislation is being discussed we are there, and when there is an important decision to be made we are in the house. Can the same be said about the Republican decision making process? NO The whites I know and work with don't feel guilty nor would I want them to feel guilty. This entire white guilt conversation and references to being on a political plantation needs to stop before we [people with common sense] even consider to take you seriously.
The do gooders used to feel guilty , but they decided to give a helping hand to blacks to erase that white guilt because of their privilege and the way they really think.. they feel that blacks are lesser and feel guilt about that. So they translate that guilt into a cause. I have seen that spirit translated into words and it makes me sick to my stomach, so lofty , thinking they are so much better because they have always known privilege..

Those who already believe that blacks are equal don't feel that inner guilt.. they don't feel white privilege or better in any way.
The do gooders are found out easily. They are the hollywood crowd who live in multiple mansions acting like the do gooders, then the white kids of privilege who went to good schools in the sixties and had to have a cause.. so they dressed in worn out denim to try to show they didn't care about being an elite, but went out in the world and used every capitalist tool to keep and make their money. They can spend other peoples money but don't spend their money on the cause.

I can pick them out in a crowd.. they create more problems with their cause and grow rich doing it. And they think they are the greatest and best people on the planet.
One must think deeper .

Old 08-14-2015, 12:48 PM

5,896 posts, read 3,895,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel View Post
What are your thoughts on him?
Carson wouldn't glorify young thugs like the way Obama has. Michael Brown was shot because he had assaulted a cop and attempted to disarm him. Instead of running away or complying with the officers demand to stop he turned and charged the officer. It seems like Obama does not like to "call out" such obtuse behavior from the black community. Instead, he (and the left) try to focus entirely on the judgment of the police officer. They always make excuses for these criminals making horrible decisions.

If Brown had no common sense on how to deal with the police, his parents should have instilled some into him.

Old 08-14-2015, 12:51 PM

3,138 posts, read 2,778,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsthetime View Post
Carson wouldn't glorify young thugs like the way Obama has. Michael Brown was shot because he had assaulted a cop and attempted to disarm him. Instead of running away or complying with the officers demand to stop he turned and charged the officer. It seems like Obama does not like to "call out" such obtuse behavior from the black community. Instead, he (and the left) try to focus entirely on the judgment of the police officer. They always make excuses for these criminals making horrible decisions.

If Brown had no common sense on how to deal with the police, his parents should have instilled some into him.
Sigh..this thread is about Carson, yet you are posting about Obama and Michael Brown. Completely irrelevant to the OP's question.

Why do this?

Go to one of the innumerable Michael Brown threads and vent your third-party preachy soap box opinions there.

Old 08-14-2015, 12:58 PM

4,040 posts, read 2,555,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erjunkee View Post
I was always a demoncrat in the past but ever since I became a physician, my understanding and thoughts have changed significantly, and I do lean more towards the republican party. But not completely. So, I'm an independent, more or less. Nevertheless, one mention that I may one day become a republican results in several nasty and disdainful looks from friends and loved ones alike.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
And why wouldn't they, you've got yours screw everybody else.

Now we can agree or disagree with various economic and foreign policy issues which for the most part are racially neutral without causing much consternation between African Americans but when one Party in both rhetoric and deed, threatens the basic rights and protections afforded to African American citizens, then expect more of those nasty and disdainful looks, you will have earned them.
Tada.

See here is the issue that I see as the big problem.

You have gotten educated and made something of yourself BUT your brothers and sisters are quick to let you know that you somehow OWE the Democratic party for your success.

The fact that now you see things from a different perspective than them, and that you now see some of the merits of the Republican party, is an insult to them.

You have somehow turned your back on them.

His line of thinking is clear. IF you DARE to say that you might actually lean Republican it is tantamount to saying "I've got mine, screw the other blacks left behind".

Which is ABSURD.

The Dems have brainwashed much of the black population into believing that they are HELPING by keeping them dependent on the government. They don't REALLY want you to succeed they want you to ALWAYS be dependent on them.

33,547 posts, read 18,143,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsthetime View Post

This reaction of the Black community will instill a rebellious attitude towards the police, and this will indeed translate into more situations such as this..very bad to do.. we don't need another situation like this at all!

I was told as a young person to address a policeman as an officer. I say, yes officer, and no officer. It will go well to teach a good response to children to those in authority because they deserve respect and in the end they will benefit.

9,617 posts, read 6,060,434 times
By this, then I would think you also condemn Hil and Bill, Jeb, about to be former president Obama and many, many others who trade on their name and fame. They all speak before the audiences that will can and will pay them. No sell out, just making it while one can. It is the American way. Your world view could use some reflective, maturing thought.

Quote:
Uncle Tom?

I try not to use that term any longer mainly because it is an insult to the character Uncle Tom who in Harriet Beecher Stowe was anything but a "sell out" so no I wouldn't call Carson an Uncle Tom. No Carson is a pawn/tool of the white reactionary and racist establishment, and a well paid one at that. Carson has raked in $4.1 million in 2013 speaking before largely white conservative audiences where he can regale the faults of black folks, essentially giving aid, comfort and sound bites to the enemy. Does that mean that he is a traitor, no but has betrayed the very community that gave him his greatest support in the past.

Is Carson out of touch with the black community, that is a hard one to answer. He is certainly out of touch with the black folks who used to admire him, who held him in great esteem and who voraciously consumed his autobiography, at least until he entered the political arena, and making pronouncements that were discordant even to black folks who a strong advocates of education, self-respect, and self-determination.

Here is an interesting article about how folks feel.

As Ben Carson bashes Obama, many blacks see a hero

Old 08-14-2015, 01:05 PM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
And why wouldn't they, you've got yours screw everybody else.
Actually, that attitude is much more likely to happen in blue states :

Income Inequality Greatest in Blue States

But, yeah... keep voting for Dems.

Old 08-14-2015, 01:14 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,548 posts, read 16,528,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Actually, that attitude is much more likely to happen in blue states :

Income Inequality Greatest in Blue States

But, yeah... keep voting for Dems.
Income inequality is the gap between rich and poor, and 99% of people dont care about the gap

They care about a CEO making 7 million complaining about a worker making 15,000 a year wanting a 3 dollar an hour raise.

it isnt the gap that matter.

If the CEO's pay goes up to 12 million, but the normal worker goes up to 40,000 as well,people will be happy with the result even though the gap widened.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections