Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2016, 05:28 AM

33,592 posts, read 18,208,471 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
I was considering voting for Trump until he stopped financing himself. He's in cahoots with the GOP establishment now. I figured if he has 10 billion dollars, he won't mind spending 1 billion to get himself elected. But now he wants money from the RNC. Now the things he promised are "suggestions". My BS radar is telling me he's not as wealthy as he says he is. That radar is telling me he has no intention of delivering any of the things he's promised.

Now, he is whining that the judge who's handling his Trump University case won't be fair to him because he's building a wall and the judge is Mexican. Really? He is so special that he requires to choose his own judge? If he's found guilty of fraud, it's the judges fault? What a cry baby.

If there is something I despise in this world are people who blame others for their problems or their actions: "I got drunk because he/she/it left me", "I do heroin because I can't deal with my job/family/situation", or Palestinians blaming their problems on Israel, etc.

I got tired of making excuses or "adjustments" for Trump.
Trump is raising money for the Senate and house to raise money to keep their seats. If they don't get elected Trump will never get anything passed in congress. Do you expect Trump to fund all other candidates? He is not bought. Trump is raising the money for the GOP FOR them to give it to all other Republic candidates running.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2016, 05:31 AM

1,268 posts, read 800,432 times
We have such short term memories. Do you any of you recall a fiery lady who so enthralled the republican party with her sage wisdom, confidence, and ability to speak so well in a republican primary? She was passionate and energized the base, posed to carve a heralded political path for herself. During the convention, it was her intelligence and charm that had those conservatives pumped to take on the democratic candidate. Yes, Mrs. Palin was touted as being one of the great, conservative examples of our time. This was short lived.

When the general election turned to the primary, we watched this maverick become a caricature of a candidate (lipstick on a pig). She couldn't answer the most simple questions (gotcha questions, like what newspapers do you read?). She used her gift of articulation to expound upon her foreign policy experience as being in close to geographical proximity to Russia (not quite as impressive as a Mrs. Universe judge). She was a champion of abstinence (even though she couldn't impart that to her daughter). In short, the scrutiny of the general process highlighted her numerous shortcomings, and lack of intellectual ability.

Trump hasn't even started this process. He hasn't been required to deliver cogent answers or expound on policy; however, he still finds himself in a quagmire of reversal of opinions and reduction of his personal policy to mere suggestions for negotiation. Republican primaries are an odd production; however, when the dust settles, we will find Mr. Trump back with his other intellectual powerhouse predecessor--on some B-rated reality television show.

Old 06-05-2016, 06:19 AM

2,345 posts, read 1,673,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsb62574 View Post
We have such short term memories. Do you any of you recall a fiery lady who so enthralled the republican party with her sage wisdom, confidence, and ability to speak so well in a republican primary? She was passionate and energized the base, posed to carve a heralded political path for herself. During the convention, it was her intelligence and charm that had those conservatives pumped to take on the democratic candidate. Yes, Mrs. Palin was touted as being one of the great, conservative examples of our time. This was short lived.

When the general election turned to the primary, we watched this maverick become a caricature of a candidate (lipstick on a pig). She couldn't answer the most simple questions (gotcha questions, like what newspapers do you read?). She used her gift of articulation to expound upon her foreign policy experience as being in close to geographical proximity to Russia (not quite as impressive as a Mrs. Universe judge). She was a champion of abstinence (even though she couldn't impart that to her daughter). In short, the scrutiny of the general process highlighted her numerous shortcomings, and lack of intellectual ability.

Trump hasn't even started this process. He hasn't been required to deliver cogent answers or expound on policy; however, he still finds himself in a quagmire of reversal of opinions and reduction of his personal policy to mere suggestions for negotiation. Republican primaries are an odd production; however, when the dust settles, we will find Mr. Trump back with his other intellectual powerhouse predecessor--on some B-rated reality television show.
Ya think what you'll find in the Out (WH) House will be of better skill, honorable character, trustworthyNess etc., ?

Dream on, delusional pal.

Old 06-05-2016, 07:08 AM

1,268 posts, read 800,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM05 View Post
Ya think what you'll find in the Out (WH) House will be of better skill, honorable character, trustworthyNess etc., ?

Dream on, delusional pal.
I know your position. I also remember how all of you, including Faux News, was convinced Romney was going to win in a landslide against Obama. As I wrote, short term memories.

Good luck!

Old 06-05-2016, 07:13 AM

24,447 posts, read 23,121,323 times
Obama was touted to be a true intellectual and a centrist. What we got was a stammering idiot and a leftist toady who groveled to the big moneyed interests. Duhbya was supposed to be a conservative, he sold out as well to the same big moneyed interests.
You don't know who the person is until they're in office. But they never EVER surprise you for the better.

Old 06-05-2016, 07:15 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,589,820 times
Talking Is Trump starting to Blow it? Becoming too overbearing, popping off TOO MUCH. I THINK SO.

We have 5 months of Drumpf tantrums ahead of us.

It'll be very entertaining and it puts Hill in the White House.

Old 06-05-2016, 07:20 AM

57,424 posts, read 26,319,660 times
Trump really looks like he is unhinged, especially with his comments about the "Mexican" judge.

These congressmen that support him will pay a price.

Old 06-05-2016, 12:36 PM

15,408 posts, read 6,210,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Trump really looks like he is unhinged, especially with his comments about the "Mexican" judge.

Could not agree more. Guessing Trump will be lucky to get at most 20% of the Latino vote, especially if he continues his raging, racist rants against Judge Curiel. Seriously though, it turns off most people. Even Paul Ryan wishes Trump would stop the rants against the judge.

Old 06-06-2016, 07:07 AM

2,345 posts, read 1,673,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post

I believe Trump has good reason to be Dubious of that Judge, who is of Mexican heritage ...i.e., decent.

Blood Is Thicker than water.

But, the Vile, vicious Media, etc. are beating this so insanely, Not sure Trump can Survive, politically, as the GOP Nominee...OR win the Presidency?!

Old 06-06-2016, 07:32 AM

6,811 posts, read 6,961,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
The delusions...how was your thread "spot on target" when it was completely and totally wrong?
Really.....I was scratching my head over that, too. Wasn't the initial prediction that Trump was losing popularity - back in August of 2015? Trump derangement syndrome at its finest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections