Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2015, 09:59 AM

16,569 posts, read 15,379,409 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
Oh how long have we all been waiting for someone who climbed all over the PC press and other politicians told them to go f themselves. Boy are YOU on the wrong path. The more he speaks, the more popular he becomes.
40 years? It will be at least two generations before someone else like Trump shows up. On our part we have to go against our ideological straightjacket at times. I have found myself cheering for tariffs. Never thought I would do that but after 20 years of swallowing nice sounding theories, it is time to go with something different. What turned me around was Trump’s simple question. "Ford is building a new plant in Mexico. How does that help us? “ What is baffling to me is where are the unions in this? Isn’t it their fight?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2015, 10:05 AM

26,193 posts, read 22,372,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
What is this? About the 50th topic about Trump's impending collapse as a candidate. LOL
Yes, "same old same old" as they draw at straws. I keep thinking they have found the "something" that I am sure thousands are working to find 24/7 to shoot Trump out of the water. Nothing yet.

Who would want a leader that overbearing and confident? Well, me for one and by the threads and polls, many others.

I think that Trump on the ticket will bring voters out to the polls in 2016. Some will think he can deliver as promised, some that he can't but will still want to take the chance and vote for him because it is our best shot at surviving and better yet at "Making American Great Again" rather than downward spiral into 3rd world status.

Old 08-25-2015, 10:07 AM

7,413 posts, read 6,256,714 times
I think he's been pretty consistent.

Old 06-04-2016, 04:35 PM

15,408 posts, read 6,237,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
I think he's been pretty consistent.
I was considering him several months ago, but his failure to disavow support from David Duke (KKK), dissing our POW veterans, and his hating/raging against the judge in the Trump University civil case with racist rhetoric, who was a Vietnam veteran and also brought charges against drug cartels as a prosecutor early in his career ended that.

Keep in mind the judge technically is well within his legal rights to charge Trump with contempt of court, but wisely has decided to let Trump "hang himself" with public opinion backlashing against him.

We would be crazy to want Trump anywhere near the nuclear weapons codes. I predict the GOP will convince large numbers of delegates to change their votes in favor of a sane, more stable, and better candidate. Hilary is vulnerable with her Iraq war vote, email gate, and Benghazi albatrosses around her neck. The GOP can do better than Trump.

Please also consider Gary Johnson, the Libertarian candidate. He will keep us out of a senseless decade long war. With Donald and Hilary, we are more likely to be in one.

Old 06-04-2016, 04:53 PM

26,193 posts, read 22,372,392 times
Actually, Hillary is now doing what Rubio did just before existing the race when it comes to Trump. She is looking equally foolish since with Trump, much is hyperbole and comes off snarky but with Hillary it comes off as hateful and desperate of which she is both.

"Right this way said the spider (Trump) to the fly (Clinton)." And, she bought it!

Old 06-04-2016, 05:07 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,963,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM05
You can over do it...
Yes... He is getting sloppy!!!

He was exposed of trying to bribe the texas governor!!

http://bipartisanreport.com/2016/06/...bing-texas-gov

Old 06-04-2016, 05:12 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,171,682 times
Whatever happened to MMM05? I miss all the boldface and "sapient".

Mick

Old 06-04-2016, 05:20 PM

17,940 posts, read 13,897,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Actually, Hillary is now doing what Rubio did just before existing the race when it comes to Trump. She is looking equally foolish since with Trump, much is hyperbole and comes off snarky but with Hillary it comes off as hateful and desperate of which she is both.

"Right this way said the spider (Trump) to the fly (Clinton)." And, she bought it!
`I am really dumbfounded as to why folks like yourself think that outright buffoonery is some sort of clever scheme.

Quote:
"no more lyin' Ted. We like Ted. It's lyyyyyyyin' crooked Hillary."
That's some clever stuff right there.

Old 06-04-2016, 05:25 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,636,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post

No, not at all.

Rubio was busy taking about Trump's orange makeup and his small hands.

Hillary hit him on his ridiculous foreign policy - WHICH he can't even respond to. See how quiet he's gotten? That's because he doesn't even know what his foreign policy is or if he has one.

Old 06-04-2016, 05:55 PM

3,581 posts, read 3,770,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
`I am really dumbfounded as to why folks like yourself think that outright buffoonery is some sort of clever scheme.

That's some clever stuff right there.
What the creator of Dilbert has to say about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMERNoQm5DE

Quote:
"I've been studying persuasion for decades and when I saw Trump last summer displaying the tools of persuasion I thought, 'Oh my God, he's not a crazy clown. Everything he's doing, including his complete ignoring of the facts, is persuasion perfection. I called him to be the landslide winner in the general election last year."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections