Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 10:30 AM

4,739 posts, read 10,451,290 times

Advertisements

Back to the OP - I agree with Ron Paul on every one of those issues.

My only reservations about Ron Paul are the War and the gold standard. Because of his domestic policies, I'd vote for him before I'd vote for any of the Democrats running for President.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2008, 10:50 AM

522 posts, read 963,670 times
Lightbulb Upton..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Ron Paul will enable known polluters, like Exxon, to pollute wherever, and at whatever levels, they see fit. That in itself is a crime.
Just had to let you know this, which, I know the news isn't exactly broadcasting, but just the same you can check it all out it is true.

Ron Paul consistently voted against using tax money to subsidize logging in the national forest.
Ron Paul is the co-sponsor of legislation designed to ENCOURAGE devlpmt. of Alternative and sustainable energy.
HR550 extends the investment tax credit to SOLAR ENERGY, and qualified fuel cell property.And HR 1772 provides tax credit for installation of wind energy.
Taxpayers for Common Sense named Ron Paul a Treasury Guardian for his work against the environmentally harmfull govt spending and corporate welfare.
He is also a member of the Green Scissors Coalition,a bipartisan caucus devoted to ending taxpayer subsidies of projects that harm the environment
for the benefit of special interests.

Individuals, businesses, localities and States must be free to negotiate environmental standards.Those who depend on the land for their health and livelihood have the greatest incentive to be responsible stewards.

Old 01-28-2008, 10:55 AM

522 posts, read 963,670 times
As someone who is concerned for the environment myself, please know that it WONT get any better with Romney, McCain,Hillary or Obama, all the mainstream media favorites,,there is a reason the media is touting these people.BIG BUSINESS!!!!!

Old 01-28-2008, 10:59 AM

7,211 posts, read 9,436,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Could you provide where this has been stated,or are you simply making it up?

Thanks.
RP voted no on prohibiting drilling in ANWR
RP voted no on keeping the moratorium on off shore oil drill.

Ron Paul on Energy & Oil

Old 01-28-2008, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
I have a question,how would abortion be illegal?
Do you mean the PEOPLE of those states would get to decide the issue?

How positively sickening,the PEOPLE deciding.

I can see how that is offensive to those who support statism like most leftists.
RP supports the overturning of Roe v Wade, sending it back to the states. If that were to happen, most of the southern states would enact abortion bans, leaving lower income women, in those states, without an option. If you support a woman's right to choose, RP is not your man.

Old 01-28-2008, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gretchen570 View Post
As someone who is concerned for the environment myself, please know that it WONT get any better with Romney, McCain,Hillary or Obama, all the mainstream media favorites,,there is a reason the media is touting these people.BIG BUSINESS!!!!!
Gretchen, RP wants to disband the EPA, along with the FDA, and leave any oversight to BIG BUSINESS. It would be like the wolf guarding the hen house.

Old 01-28-2008, 11:10 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,872,138 times
Are you so sure that southern states would enact abortion bans? Lower income women without options? I am sorry but didn't they have the option to begin with? What does woman's rights have to do with abortion. Unless you think the only woman's right is the right of having an abortion. That is some narrowed thinking on your behalf. Again, unless you live in the stone ages, its hard for me to think that states would ban abortion practices. Regulate them, yes. Ban them, probably not.

Old 01-28-2008, 11:14 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,872,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Gretchen, RP wants to disband the EPA, along with the FDA, and leave any oversight to BIG BUSINESS. It would be like the wolf guarding the hen house.
The EPA doesn't work in the interest of the people anymore. If you knew anything about them, you would of known this for a while. Sure, they throw out big publicized fancy shmancy television story about this and that but behind closed doors, the work WITH big business, not against them. The EPA is responsible for many of the tragic environmental incidents but that isn't publicized too much. Does the EPA work anymore? Nope. It used to be an environmental protector, now its more of a partner of big business. That is the sad reality. The FDA is a failure. They have repeatedly align themselves with big business to cover up a LOT of things... not just drugs and food related matters either... They should be scrapped and something more efficient be put in place and I believe that is the real plan..

Old 01-28-2008, 11:16 AM

4,739 posts, read 10,451,290 times
evilnewbie - yes, Southern states (and many others) would restrict abortion if Roe v Wade were overturned. Even the Democratic Party in these states supports abortion restrictions (meaning banning abortion).

Old 01-28-2008, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Are you so sure that southern states would enact abortion bans? Lower income women without options? I am sorry but didn't they have the option to begin with? What does woman's rights have to do with abortion. Unless you think the only woman's right is the right of having an abortion. That is some narrowed thinking on your behalf. Again, unless you live in the stone ages, its hard for me to think that states would ban abortion practices. Regulate them, yes. Ban them, probably not.
This is from 2004, but it estimates 30 states would ban abortion if Roe V Wade were overturned. Again, if you support a woman's right to choose, RP is not your man.
Report: Most states would ban abortion - U.S. news - MSNBC.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections