Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2015, 12:18 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,306,487 times

Advertisements

Make sure Rubio has plenty of water when it comes time for the Presidential Debates, we know he gets really thirsty when he has to talk.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2015, 12:19 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,991,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Thomas View Post
He is weak on immigration.

How the hell you can vote for this guy??

I'd rather vote for Bernie.
I've noticed a lot of Trump supporters have Sanders as their second choice. That says a lot about Trump, namely that he's a horrible option for President and really a Democrat.

Old 09-30-2015, 12:23 PM

39,494 posts, read 27,841,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
I've noticed a lot of Trump supporters have Sanders as their second choice. That says a lot about Trump, namely that he's a horrible option for President and really a Democrat.
Bernie Sanders knows that in order to have all these free good social programs of his, you cannot have an open border at the same time.

He is crazy, but not that crazy.

Marco Rubio flip-flops on immigration, again and again.

Do Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio Think We Can Raise Defense Spending Even More Without Cutting Elsewhere?

The one who refuses to address spending problem is the TRUE RINO, TRUE RINOS love to accuse others of being "just another democrat" lol

Old 09-30-2015, 12:26 PM

4,231 posts, read 3,577,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
Bernie is surprisingly strong on border and immigration.

TBH there is no 3rd candidate that wants to secure border.

Options are tight

Old 09-30-2015, 12:40 PM

8,069 posts, read 7,007,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hashbrown View Post
The people who say he looks too young or is a pretty boy are just desperate to knock him and they don't have enough to say. He is the same age as Ted Cruz and Bobby Jindal and he looks like the typical man in his 40s with a receding hair line and crows feet.
Marco Rubio might not be Brad Pitt but compared to those two he probably is.

Cruz: “Madam President, today is a sad day, for the first time I checked myself in the mirror"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaWgFoVI4JU

Old 09-30-2015, 12:51 PM

6,129 posts, read 6,838,993 times
I've been saying for a while that it's probably going to be him or Kasich.

I don't think there is an ideal candidate on the Republican side (or either side really) but once the obvious NOs are out of the way those two seem the most likely to appear electable in the general while still not pissing off the base too much.

Old 09-30-2015, 12:52 PM

26,174 posts, read 22,351,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Thomas View Post
Bernie is surprisingly strong on border and immigration.

TBH there is no 3rd candidate that wants to secure border.

Options are tight
Bernie who? Not this one: Bernie Sanders: When you said that, I didn't think it sounded right. We have one "pathway" for them and that is back to their country of origin with what they thought were their little anchors!

Old 09-30-2015, 12:54 PM

8,069 posts, read 7,007,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
As I have said, I don't put much into these types or any polls for that matter this early, but I am also tired of hearing: he doesn't have experience and yet some of those same people are willing to sell their bodies just to get Trump elected. What is wrong with this picture? How much experience did kennedy have when he was elected. How many realize prior to being elected Senator, Rubio was speaker of the house in Florida. Or I think I have that right?
I'm from Florida Marco Rubio has been around for a while.

I used to hate him because he panders to the Cuban Exile crazies which are some of the most annoying people on earth. I voted against him and when he became a senator. After that election he changed his "keep the Cuban embargo" agenda to "let's have Amnesty and help the "Dreamers"

That was a bad move on his part. Obviously he was pandering to the Mexicans, preparing himself to the next president. What he didn't know was that conservatives had other plans and they were gonna make this election about illegal immigration.

In Bush's case it doesn't matter because he has always been a moderate, he has been consistent. Rubio was a Tea Party favorite and many democrats hate him for that.

Old 09-30-2015, 12:58 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,255,013 times
Wonder if Rubio supporters care that he skips out on a lot of votes on the Senate floor? Like the Planned Parenthood vote yesterday?

He's just posturing for the presidential bid. Hiding the truth from the American people and beholden to the RNC and the GOP 'brand' (his own words 'brand').

Old 09-30-2015, 12:59 PM

4,231 posts, read 3,577,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Bernie who? Not this one: Bernie Sanders: When you said that, I didn't think it sounded right. We have one "pathway" for them and that is back to their country of origin with what they thought were their little anchors!
He ain't the best but the second best.

Others are all weak on immigration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections