Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2015, 07:50 AM

756 posts, read 425,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Well then, perhaps you should take this up with Obama. He apparently doesn't know that.
Or Hillary!
She whines about Bernie Sanders being sexist (which he isn't)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2015, 07:55 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,695,011 times
Quote:
Well then, perhaps you should take this up with Obama. He apparently doesn't know that.
It's a little late, don't you think? It's funny you embrace whining from some, but not from others? How come? Partisan?

i wrote in Ron Paul in 2008 & 2012 so I did what I could.

He said what he came to say, and never cried about being treated unfairly, and he also did not spent much time talking about the other candidates.

He is a good example of a serious candidate. I cannot take the whiners seriously.

I won't vote for Trump, but he handled it well. He called them out, and then he spoke about his views. Cruz spent his entire turn to cry about unfair mods.

Old 11-01-2015, 08:44 AM

439 posts, read 1,257,550 times
I agree that some of the questions were lousy gotcha?. I wouldn't have had any problems with my gal Hill being ask about her age, or her weaknesses etc. Why whine about such a question seriously, because not all the questions were like that the whole debate, get over it. Cooper hit Hillery hard and I was surprised by that. It seemed almost attacking to me, like he was trying to prove he was tough. But, if she wants the job then she should take any hard hitting or lousy Gotcha questions that comes along. I want the POUTUS to be strong and can take the heat which ever side gets the job. The Rs that whine about it look weak imo.

Debbie...

Old 11-01-2015, 08:52 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,286,221 times
Quote:
Republicans are "whiners?" Trump was ask if he was "running a comic book campaign." Was that a legitimate question?
Do you really need to see listed a litany of the absurd, childish and, yes, comic-book comments that Trump has made during this campaign? If one is going to make childish and immature comments about others, then they should expect to be asked questions in that regard.

Old 11-01-2015, 09:45 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,695,011 times
Quote:
Republicans are "whiners?" Trump was ask if he was "running a comic book campaign." Was that a legitimate question?
Trumps answer was a good example of how to deal with such questions without looking like a whiner. He called out the mods by calling them rude, and that took about 5 seconds, but then he spent the remaining 55 seconds to explain why his campaign was a serious one. Cruz, in the other hand, spent his entire 60 seconds on whining, and then he whined some more because they told him his time was up.

Trump handled for FOX mods the same way. He told them they were being rude, but then he went on to say what he came to say.

Old 11-01-2015, 10:31 AM

4,540 posts, read 2,773,800 times
GOP politics these days make HEAVY use of the victim-card.

Those poor dear Patriots forever abused by the big bad Librul Media...

Old 11-01-2015, 11:34 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,481,710 times
Here is the "gotcha" non-substantive question that set Cruz off on his rant.

Why Conservatives Are Decrying ˜Media Bias˜ in the Presidential Debates

Contrast that [Coopers questions to Clinton] with the question that set off Ted Cruz’s rant:

“Congressional Republicans, Democrats and the White House are about to strike a compromise that would raise the debt limit, prevent a government shutdown and calm financial markets that fear of—another Washington-created crisis is on the way.

“Does your opposition to it show that you’re not the kind of problem-solver American voters want?”

In response to that substantive question about an issue a lot of people care about, Cruz used up his entire time lamenting that they weren’t “talking about the substantive issues people care about,” and didn’t bother to answer.

Old 11-01-2015, 12:26 PM

5,900 posts, read 3,908,646 times
Quote:
Clinton and Trump supporter? Wow. Two complete opposites! That must be tough to reconcile.
Well they're both pretty authoritarian, Trump more so.

Old 11-01-2015, 01:06 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,174,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
The GOP candidates are whiners. If they can't take the heat, they should get out of the kitchen.
To make a comparison to your posting

Person A has a their house broken into and their expensive paintings all stolen or destroyed.

your reply means that they shouldnt be upset, or even better, not own nice things...

Yeah, its that dumb..

Old 11-01-2015, 01:09 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,174,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Do you really need to see listed a litany of the absurd, childish and, yes, comic-book comments that Trump has made during this campaign? If one is going to make childish and immature comments about others, then they should expect to be asked questions in that regard.
But this thread isnt about Trumps comments, and even if one disagrees with them, shouldnt a debate moderator, moderating for Presidential candidates, hold themself up to better standards?

Changing the subject to "but Trump", doesnt justify the actions of the debate moderators, even if you like to pretend its ok
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections