Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2015, 04:03 AM

9,373 posts, read 14,327,319 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyraBrian View Post
The Castro brothers.
You mean Fidel and Raul?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
The Clintonites have systematically driven all the future leadership from the DNC in order to protect their dynasty.
Hmmm. Something akin at work here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
Kamala Harris
Probably the best man they've got. Would love to see one day Kamala Harris vs. Nikki Haley or Kamala Harris vs. Pam Bondi.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2015, 04:51 AM

37,195 posts, read 19,241,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
Looking at the democrat political line up for the future, I actually do not see a future.
Today we have just two in the spotlight, those being Clinton, and sanders.
Who is in the pipeline for future elections.
I see no one.

On the republican side I see Rubio, Ryan, perhaps George P. Bush too name a few, but who on the dem side is up and coming?
I don't see anyone even remotely on the horizon in the democratic party, unless one counts Chelsea, and that isn't too far fetched I suppose.

Just my observation.

Bob.
Elizabeth Warren.

Old 11-05-2015, 04:59 AM

39,086 posts, read 51,273,483 times
I never heard of most of the ones mentioned but I was impressed with Amy Duckworth while watching the Benghazi show. I would also add our own congresswoman from AZ, Kirsten Sinema, to the list of up and comers.

Old 11-05-2015, 07:18 AM

11,830 posts, read 5,816,767 times
Here are your Democratic leaders of the future:
City Council Man From East Chicago, Indiana Is Re-Elected While In Jail Facing Murder Charges | Ear Hustle 411

Disgusts me that a known drug dealer is not only elected to a city council but then he takes out his competition in front of the guys family and the voters re-elect him while he's sitting in jail. They have really dumb down people!

Old 11-05-2015, 07:22 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,905,737 times
Quote:
The Clintonites have systematically driven all the future leadership from the DNC in order to protect they dynasty.
How do you define "dynasty"?

Old 11-05-2015, 08:36 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,664,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
How do you define "dynasty"?
Do you really need me to create a link for you?

Old 11-05-2015, 08:41 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,905,737 times
Quote:
Do you really need me to create a link for you?
Why do you need to create a link?

I asked YOU how YOU define a dynasty? That's not a complicated question.

I define a dynasty as family that controls power or resources through multiple generations.

I would say the Rockefellers were a dynasty, because multiple generations controlled vast economic resources as well as political resources.

I would argue that the Romneys were dynastic, in that multiple generations of the family were very wealthy and held powerful political positions.

I would argue the same about the Bushes and the Kennedys.

So, how do YOU define a dynasty?

Old 11-05-2015, 10:30 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,664,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Why do you need to create a link?

I asked YOU how YOU define a dynasty? That's not a complicated question.

I define a dynasty as family that controls power or resources through multiple generations.

I would say the Rockefellers were a dynasty, because multiple generations controlled vast economic resources as well as political resources.

I would argue that the Romneys were dynastic, in that multiple generations of the family were very wealthy and held powerful political positions.

I would argue the same about the Bushes and the Kennedys.

So, how do YOU define a dynasty?
I agree with with your definition.. No need for all the false drama. This defines the Clintons exactly.

Old 11-05-2015, 10:42 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,070,744 times
1. Agree. But, they do fit the profile the party wants to project.

2. Agree. She is a good follower, with some intellectual capacity. Second choice behind Caroline, who is much better suited for the benign role of Ambassador to Japan. All ceremony, which fits her station in life. No other real world requirements.

3. SF is actually a very wealthy city. Many young people move across the bay to survive. Homeless have a good environment in which to be homeless, but are detested by the shopkeepers. They are numerous, fairly aggressive not to mention filthy. A scourge, as are the progressives, on an otherwise beautiful and delightful city.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dequindre View Post
1. Two brothers who have never held a high elected office in their lives.

2. A woman who literally rode on Hillary's coattails.

3. Former Mayor of a very crime-ridden, impoverished city.

Not a good lineup IMHO.

Old 11-05-2015, 10:45 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,070,744 times
At 66.5, Sen Warren is hardly the future.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Elizabeth Warren.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections