Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2015, 06:23 PM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,617,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanHunt View Post
They cant take funding away from a legitimate provider of health care services without good cause...if they do, PP will sue and they will win and they will get all the money they were going to get in the form of damages. You do believe in the rule of law, dont you?
The concept of the feds providing social services has been to SCOTUS multiple times, you are wrong.
There is nothing in our constitution that allows for a health plan in the first place. We just have too many dishonest idiots in D. C.

Show me where in the constitution it states that we can be taxed for anything except defense. You can't because it isn't there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2015, 06:24 PM

35,669 posts, read 21,030,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
Low information AND incapable of accepting reality. I see why you are an Obama apologist. Carry on.
What low info??? Do you understand federal budgets and the laws that govern them along with their process?

Old 11-20-2015, 06:25 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
Default Ted Cruz Most Hated Republican In DC

He bucks the GOP establishment way too hard, and as a result, has no chance at their nomination.

His future is as a Palin-like pundit. Giving speeches to the members of "the base" who think he sounds smart. Maybe a hate radio show of his own. Possibly even his own half hour on Fox. Holding elected office is not what that boy is all about. I'd be very surprised if he runs for re-election to the senate after his failed bid for the White House.

Old 11-20-2015, 06:33 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,225,470 times
Money has corrupted both parties so they are no longer recognizable to the people. What does it say when the top three polling well for the citizens of this country are relentlessly attacked? If they nominate a mush like Jeb or Rubio, I'm done with them.

Old 11-21-2015, 11:41 PM

4,078 posts, read 2,337,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
Thats because he stands up for the PEOPLE and he's not afraid to call out soft Republicans who side with Democrats

Old 11-22-2015, 12:03 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,432,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
You would think that something so obvious would be inescapable to even the most obtuse, apparently not.
If you're talking about federal employees, just close all the departments they work in, replace them with new departments, and hire people who like you.

Problem solved.

That should be done anyway.

Old 11-22-2015, 05:33 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,348,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
There is nothing in our constitution that allows for a health plan in the first place. We just have too many dishonest idiots in D. C.

Show me where in the constitution it states that we can be taxed for anything except defense. You can't because it isn't there.
Read Article I, Section 8 - Congress has the power to tax and spend in general. They can provide for the common defense and general welfare. Very broad powers. They can do a lot and the Supreme Court has ruled accordingly.

Old 11-22-2015, 05:36 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,348,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
He bucks the GOP establishment way too hard, and as a result, has no chance at their nomination.

His future is as a Palin-like pundit. Giving speeches to the members of "the base" who think he sounds smart. Maybe a hate radio show of his own. Possibly even his own half hour on Fox. Holding elected office is not what that boy is all about. I'd be very surprised if he runs for re-election to the senate after his failed bid for the White House.
Agree totally. Cruz has never made legislation a priority since being elected - and I'd be hard pressed to name any legislative accomplishments of his at all.

I'd say he'll probably go on Wingnut Welfare and join a think tank like Heritage after a single term in the Senate, as he doesn't really seem to like it there at all (and his colleagues have returned the favor).

Old 11-22-2015, 07:56 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,321,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
If you're talking about federal employees, just close all the departments they work in, replace them with new departments, and hire people who like you.

Problem solved.

That should be done anyway.
First of all, no I wasn't writing about federal employees but rather Republicans in the House and the Senate. If you can't win the respect of legislators in your own party you can't even begin to govern the country. But since you've raise the issue of federal employees, you have illustrated just how ridiculous the business executive as government leader.

Federal employees are protected from summary dismissal by the Civil Service Reform Act of 1978 (Reagan was able to summarily fire the air traffic controllers because they were on an illegal strike). As for close federal departments, if you can't work with the Congress because they think you are an asshat how are you going to close federally mandated departments? On top of that, everyone hates the federal government except the federal government that works for them.

Old 11-22-2015, 11:05 PM

4,078 posts, read 2,337,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Agree totally. Cruz has never made legislation a priority since being elected - and I'd be hard pressed to name any legislative accomplishments of his at all.
How many bills has Ted Cruz passed in the Senate? 1 | PunditFact
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections