Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2016, 12:31 PM

5,701 posts, read 3,232,807 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Start spreading the news:

"I want to wake up in a city
That never sleeps
And find I'm A Number One
Top of the list
King of the hill
A number one..."

"A new poll out on Thursday (3/17/2016) obliterates the latest mainstream media narrative confronting billionaire Donald Trump: That he can’t get majorities, but can only get pluralities, in election results. The poll of New York state, conducted by Boston’s Emerson College, has Trump dominating his only two remaining competitors in the Empire State with 65 percent of Republicans there backing him. Only 12 percent back Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX), Trump’s closest competitor, and just one percent support Ohio Gov. John Kasich. The poll was conducted over three days, March 14 to March 16, during two days of which Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL) was still in the race."

Poll: Donald Trump Hits 65 Percent in New York, More than 50 Percent Ahead of Ted Cruz - Breitbart

"If I can make it there
I'll make it anywhere
It's up to you
New York, New York."
We are gonna deliver NY in the fall, too. This is Trump territory. Its a gamechanger.

Old 03-18-2016, 01:22 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,457,092 times
I'm sure you think that's funny but upper new York state is Trump country. Manhattan too, and queens. We don't need Brooklyn to win the state

Old 03-18-2016, 02:12 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,438,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
I'm sure you think that's funny but upper new York state is Trump country. Manhattan too, and queens. We don't need Brooklyn to win the state

New York and Queens County typically vote Democrat at an +80% and +70% clip respectively--NYC overwhelmingly votes Democrat, and even Reagan could only carry Staten Island when he captured the state in 1984.

He remains the last Republican to accomplish this feat btw.

You really think a buffoon like Donald Trump is going to reverse this trend? In the same poll where Donald is capturing 64% of the vote in New York, Hillary is capturing 71% of the Dem vote. NYS will be one of the least competitive states in November, step into reality...please.

Last edited by RaymondChandlerLives; 03-18-2016 at 03:11 PM..

Old 03-18-2016, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
New York and Queens County typically vote Democrat at an +80% and +70% clip respectively--NYC is overwhelmingly votes Democrat, and even Reagan could only carry Staten Island when he won the state in 1984.

He remains the last Republican to accomplish this feat btw.

You really think a buffoon like Donald Trump is going to reverse this trend? In the same poll where Donald is capturing 64% of the vote in New York, Hillary is capturing 71% of the Dem vote. NYS will be one of the least competitive states in November, step into reality...please.
Remember how Trump defended NYC against Cruz? NYCers do and we are a proud people. He will be rewarded at the ballot box.

Old 03-18-2016, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
Remember how Trump defended NYC against Cruz? NYCers do and we are a proud people. He will be rewarded at the ballot box.
Remember when George W Bush stood with NYC after 9/11, giving his famous bullhorn speech and earning near universal praise from grieving New Yorkers? That goodwill earned Bush a thrashing in NYC by John Kerry three years later. It wasn't remotely competitive.

Trump won't even carry his own buildings, nevermind the whole of Manhattan. I repeat: Step into reality, please.

Old 03-18-2016, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Remember when George W Bush stood with NYC after 9/11, giving his famous bullhorn speech and earning near universal praise from grieving New Yorkers? That goodwill earned Bush a thrashing in NYC by John Kerry three years later. It wasn't remotely competitive.

Trump won't even carry his own buildings, nevermind the whole of Manhattan. I repeat: Step into reality, please.
His buildings are solid red every election. You obviously dont understand NYC.

Old 03-18-2016, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
His buildings are solid red every election. You obviously dont understand NYC.
LOL, someone tracked that? I find that difficult to believe. It was a joke anyways.

You clearly don't understand NYC if you think Trump has a prayer there. Like I said, even Reagan '84 couldn't win there, and he was just a wee bit more popular than Trump currently.

Old 03-18-2016, 05:30 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,714,153 times
Quote:
LOL, someone tracked that? I find that difficult to believe. It was a joke anyways.
Dear Mr Lives,

Have you not recognized that you have been 100% wrong about every prediction you have made about Trump on CD in the last 8 months?

Old 03-18-2016, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Dear Mr Lives,

Have you not recognized that you have been 100% wrong about every prediction you have made about Trump on CD in the last 8 months?

Do you believe Donald Trump will carry the state of New York State in November?

Please answer yes, I need bumpworthy material for election night.

Old 03-18-2016, 05:59 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,714,153 times
Quote:
Do you believe Donald Trump will carry the state of New York State in November?

Please answer yes, I need bumpworthy material for election night.
I have no idea. This is the purpose of elections. To allow the electorate to speak.

If you, on the other hand, are saying that you represent the thinking of the majority of people in NY in a race of Hillary vs Trump, and can confidently say that Trump will lose, then so be it. That's your cross to bear and one to prove. That isn't about me. I only point out your past tract record on such matters. i.e. your past predictions have been 100% wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections