Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2016, 02:09 PM

1,356 posts, read 1,226,542 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
Its already shocking how many red states could turn blue if that pathetic fraud Trump is the GOP nominee, just look at the polls. Why do you think the GOP is fighting so hard to keep Trump from getting the nomination?
You fancy yourself a smart guy, read the bold part you wrote. Ask it over and over. It has nothing to do with polling and everything to do with status quo. Trump takes the apple cart and destroys it. Business as usual will be gone. Things the public isn't supposed to know about the cushy Washington establishment gets exposed.

Why do you think many of these insiders will support Hillary? Because it just doesn't matter, they keep the lifestyle, money in the bank. There is a reason the area around DC is some of the richest in the country. Don't you get it?

I know, you don't. But guess what a lot of us do, and that's why you will realize very shortly that Cruz is finished and DT will be your new president. Keep playing the poll game, anyone with eyes and ears knows Trump will take the Hillary machine and destroy it with ease.

Old 04-14-2016, 02:28 PM

29,566 posts, read 9,791,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNY...DirtyStayOut View Post
You fancy yourself a smart guy, read the bold part you wrote. Ask it over and over. It has nothing to do with polling and everything to do with status quo. Trump takes the apple cart and destroys it. Business as usual will be gone. Things the public isn't supposed to know about the cushy Washington establishment gets exposed.

Why do you think many of these insiders will support Hillary? Because it just doesn't matter, they keep the lifestyle, money in the bank. There is a reason the area around DC is some of the richest in the country. Don't you get it?

I know, you don't. But guess what a lot of us do, and that's why you will realize very shortly that Cruz is finished and DT will be your new president. Keep playing the poll game, anyone with eyes and ears knows Trump will take the Hillary machine and destroy it with ease.
I really don't know what there is to know about the "cushy Washington establishment" that we don't already know. Ask anyone, or as reflected in the polls regarding Congress...

I give credit to Trump for sounding off about these things (especially as he more recently doesn't get from the status quo the wins he needs), but he really isn't telling anyone anything we don't already know, right? Whether liberal or conservative, who doesn't know they system is not working as it should for all variety of reasons, including that "cushiness."

We all know. What we don't know is how to get the problem(s) fixed. The real question is who really cares enough and has the ability to change things for the better on our behalf. Who really knows what to do, how to do it, and cares enough to try their best, even as Congress stands in the way?

If that is Donald Trump, then I'm a tree stump...

What we need is someone to really push campaign finance reform, really offer an alternative to how special interests are able to have their way with our government representatives against the greater good for more Americans. Who can get the problem of money in our political process fixed or even knows how?

Provide any quote whatsoever of Trump's that sounds even remotely sincere, practical or intelligent about this and I'll eat my keyboard.

Have you heard Trump utter even one concrete word on how he would manage ANYTHING in the way of change along these lines for the benefit of "we the people?" As much as I would love to hear it, nothing!

Anyone with a big mouth, especially with lots of cash, can get up there and win hearts and minds, even votes, by criticizing the status quo one way or another. In fact they all do it, but which one is actually speaking in terms of concrete steps toward better representative government?

Mostly we just hear the criticisms about what we all love to criticize, and what Trump has going for him is yes, he has bought his way in as an outsider, as if the influence of money yet again is any sort of "outsider" influence. Also, Trump is a show man, and he knows how to bluster just right to get people's attention, get them all riled up, but with really no place to go. Or tell me where that is.

Jerry Springer was also good at that sort of thing...

Hitler also very successful at riling people up over such things, getting them into a lather whether they really knew where they were going or not -- didn't really matter to them much like it doesn't really seem to matter to lots of Americans today, but I would really like to avoid another world war if at all possible. I think that means not electing Trump as POTUS...

Last edited by LearnMe; 04-14-2016 at 02:36 PM..

Old 04-14-2016, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
I really don't know what there is to know about the "cushy Washington establishment" that we don't already know. Ask anyone, or as reflected in the polls regarding Congress...

I give credit to Trump for sounding off about these things (especially as he more recently doesn't get from the status quo the wins he needs), but he really isn't telling anyone anything we don't already know. The real question is who really cares enough and has the ability to change things for the better on our behalf. If that is Donald Trump, then I'm a tree stump...

What we need is someone to really push campaign finance reform, really offer an alternative to what special interests are able to do to sway our government representatives against the greater good for more Americans.

Have you heard Trump utter one concrete word on how he would manage ANYTHING in the way of change along these lines for the benefit of "we the people?"

Any fool can get up there and win votes by criticizing the status quo one way or another, in fact they all do it, but which one is actually speaking in terms of concrete steps toward better representative government?

Mostly we just hear the criticisms about what we all love to criticize, and what Trump has going for him is yes, he has bought his way in as an outsider, as if the influence of money yet again is any sort of "outsider" influence. Also, Trump is a show man, and he knows how to bluster just right to get people's attention, get them all riled up, but with really no place to go. Or tell me where that is.

Jerry Springer was also good at that sort of thing...

Hitler also very successful at riling people up over such things, getting them into a lather whether they really knew where they were going or not -- didn't really matter to them much like it doesn't really seem to matter to lots of Americans today, but I would really like to avoid another world war if at all possible. I think that means not electing Trump as POTUS...
I stopped reading at Hitler. Post fail and now we know all we need to know about you. Better luck next time

Old 04-14-2016, 02:46 PM

957 posts, read 1,137,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Whatever boost Cruz received from his Wisconsin win has been neutralized.
yes but we must acknowledge that Trump has been pretty lucky with the primaries timeline, NorthEastern states have came right after his worst weeks and loss (in Utah and Wisconsin)

Old 04-14-2016, 03:35 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,443,146 times
Quote:

You fancy yourself a smart guy, yet you think a nitwit like Trump is "exposing DC". Because the DC political machine had a such a pristine reputation before this circus clown came along. :roll eyes:

Trump doesn't even know what our nuclear triad is, but somehow this dimbulb is going to expose the (shady) inner machinations of the US government. Keep dreaming.

Trump would get squashed like a bug in a general election and the stench of his failed campaign would linger on the GOP for a generation. THAT is why the establishment doesn't want him.

Old 04-14-2016, 03:37 PM

29,566 posts, read 9,791,833 times
Quote:
I stopped reading at Hitler. Post fail and now we know all we need to know about you. Better luck next time
If you stopped reading at Hitler, you read plenty enough as far as I'm concerned, and probably more than most if you are a Trump supporter...

Stop reading as you wish, and be sure to have at the quick one-liner as so many do, but how anyone cannot draw the similarity of these two major political figures who rise to their level of political stage with their sort of rhetoric is beyond me. This isn't to say that Trump would necessarily become the evil world figure that Hitler became, but how they built that sort of support from popular discontent, even despite the entirely undefined path forward, is compelling to consider. That is of course unless your political ideology won't allow such a thing...

Old 04-14-2016, 03:47 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,732,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
If Trump's unpopularity with women continues or gets worse, it will be rather shocking how many and what states turn blue for 2016. Cruz doesn't fare much better with the fairer sex either.
Millions of women have voted for Trump. This speaks to his popularity among them.

Old 04-14-2016, 03:51 PM

26,616 posts, read 15,180,659 times
General Election Polling:

Blue Maryland
Hillary +17 over Kasich
Hillary +29 over Cruz
Hillary +37 over Trump

Blue Connecticut
Kasich +11 over Hillary
Hillary +8 over Cruz
Hillary +21 over Trump

Blue New York
Hillary +9.6 over Kasich
Hillary +21 over Trump
Hillary +26 over Cruz

Bluish Pennsylvania
Kasich +16 over Hillary
Hillary TIED with Cruz
Hillary +3 over Trump

Blueish Wisconsin
Kasich +14 over Hillary
Hillary +3 over Cruz
Hillary +10 over Trump

Deep Red Mississippi
Kasich +15 over Hillary
Cruz +11 over Hillary
Trump +3 over Hillary

Bluish Michigan
Kasich +5 over Hillary
Hillary +10 over Cruz
Hillary +11 over Trump

North Carolina
Kasich +8 over Hillary
Hillary +2 over Trump
Hillary +3 over Cruz

NATIONAL
Kasich +6.7 over Hillary
Hillary +2.8 over Cruz
Hillary +10.4 over Trump

Old 04-14-2016, 03:53 PM

A nitwit like Trump? Lol, amazing. List your accomplishments that rival his, we are all waiting great one. Where, please tell me, WHERE has it gotten us to elect these f****** lawyers, these lifetime politicians, these faculty lounge theorists??? Have they ever made payroll? Employed thousands? Run a freaking hot dog stand? Are you kidding me? You like the status quo, period, I get it.

And in the future, my post was directed at one poster. You were not addressed, no need to come to his defense. When I address you my friend, you will know it clearly. I'm not impressed in the least, please try harder.

Old 04-14-2016, 04:07 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,443,146 times
Quote:
A nitwit like Trump? Lol, amazing. List your accomplishments that rival his, we are all waiting great one. Where, please tell me, WHERE has it gotten us to elect these f****** lawyers, these lifetime politicians, these faculty lounge theorists??? Have they ever made payroll? Employed thousands? Run a freaking hot dog stand? Are you kidding me? You like the status quo, period, I get it.

And in the future, my post was directed at one poster. You were not addressed, no need to come to his defense. When I address you my friend, you will know it clearly. I'm not impressed in the least, please try harder.
Donald Trump was born on 3rd base (with a 10 run lead), yet has a list of business failures a mile long. Four bankruptcies. Fred Trump was great, Donald is a mediocrity. The Jaden Smith of the real estate world.

Trumpets don't care about "upsetting the status quo", they care about the Muslim ban and the Mexican wall. That's it. Pretending it's about anything but those issues is a joke.

Oh, and I'll post when and where I feel like it, chief--I don't need (much less want) your approval. I'm not interested in impressing you either, but congrats on that laughably inflated sense of self-importance you have. I'm sure it's doing wonders for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Millions of women have voted for Trump. This speaks to his popularity among them.
Million more have voted against him...and that's just among Republican and Republican-leaning women.

A 37% share of the primary vote is highly mediocre no matter how you slice it. Trump = roadkill in November.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections