Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2016, 06:30 AM

26,107 posts, read 22,301,649 times

Advertisements

Fifteen pages and counting because Trump said a "bad" word. Am I the only one that sees the humor in this? Desperation gone wild!

I am sure by this fifteenth page that Trump's poll numbers have probably hit the skids!

And, just for the record, it isn't called "poison mouth" but "potty mouth".

Old 01-12-2016, 06:40 AM

12,068 posts, read 6,621,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I cannot for the life of me, even begin to wrap my head around the fact, that people are actually backing this person, who has done nothing but lie all her political life, and hurt the lives of others....? I just cannot! Anyone who votes for her, to me, is either so misinformed, and knows nothing about her past....or, are voting for her simply b/c she is a woman, or, b/c they are a dem, and cannot fathom a realistic view of politics, not to mention....b/c they are a dem?

She is the most despicable corrupt woman and why she is still in politics is beyond my comprehension, not to mention, if she got aways with this all her life, then what else is going on in Washington, and to me, that is why Trump decided to run.
I am completely dumbfounded by this also.
Most of my friends are Dems, and when I carefully try to get an answer to this, all I can find is that they really don't believe she is that dishonest and corrupt. They still think it's that "vast right-wing conspiracy" thing.
So much of the media and entertainment industry protects her, they think they are well-informed because they read or watch a lot, but it's all biased to protect her, not to give facts and clarity.
Also, some friends will only vote for a dem no matter if even Bin Laden was on the ballot.

Old 01-12-2016, 06:52 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,224,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
I am completely dumbfounded by this also.
Most of my friends are Dems, and when I carefully try to get an answer to this, all I can find is that they really don't believe she is that dishonest and corrupt. They still think it's that "vast right-wing conspiracy" thing.
So much of the media and entertainment industry protects her, they think they are well-informed because they read or watch a lot, but it's all biased to protect her, not to give facts and clarity.
Also, some friends will only vote for a dem no matter if even Bin Laden was on the ballot.
There's reasons that your affected friends think like this (that I kindly don't agree with) beyond what I can say in this part of CD. You might be able to figure where I'm going with this.

With many voting for someone who sounds nice or says what they think "x" want to hear although being a liar, etc, etc....., is favorable (for the same reasons not explained above) verses voting for someone who's from outside Washington DC who may sound crass and the like (Mr. Trump) but his heart is in the correct place to at least attempt to right the USA ship. Many here make Mr. Trump to be "a monster" in a matter of speaking when that should be said/apply for some others imo.

Old 01-12-2016, 08:25 AM

25,831 posts, read 20,768,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lol-its-good4U View Post
There's reasons that your affected friends think like this (that I kindly don't agree with) beyond what I can say in this part of CD. You might be able to figure where I'm going with this.

With many voting for someone who sounds nice or says what they think "x" want to hear although being a liar, etc, etc....., is favorable (for the same reasons not explained above) verses voting for someone who's from outside Washington DC who may sound crass and the like (Mr. Trump) but his heart is in the correct place to at least attempt to right the USA ship. Many here make Mr. Trump to be "a monster" in a matter of speaking when that should be said/apply for some others imo.
A) All politicians are liars.
B) All adulterers are liars.
C) The statement I bolded is exactly why most people claim to support Trump.

I think we can all agree that people are simply content to defend their own choice of liar and leave it at that.

As for the OP, everyone has his/her own deal-breaker.
C'est la vie.

Old 01-12-2016, 08:30 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,224,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
A) All politicians are liars.
B) All adulterers are liars.
C) The statement I bolded is exactly why most people claim to support Trump.

I think we can all agree that people are simply content to defend their own choice of liar and leave it at that.

As for the OP, everyone has his/her own deal-breaker.
C'est la vie.
In Kind: Sorry but you can't compare an experienced politician who lies, HURT people, etc..., one way or another to someone who's not an experienced politician running for president imo.

Old 01-12-2016, 09:53 AM

2,345 posts, read 1,676,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Fifteen pages and counting because Trump said a "bad" word. Am I the only one that sees the humor in this? Desperation gone wild!

I am sure by this fifteenth page that Trump's poll numbers have probably hit the skids!

No, woman, it's "POISON mouth" -- I absolutely MEANT to say, Poison mouth. Potty mouth does not describe the crudeness or Vileness of someone who uses the Nasty term, Bullsh*t

And woman, if you find any "humor" in Trump randomly using that term, when speaking in a public setting, as he attempts to win over voters.....that reflects a Sad and unhealthy light on your judgment..or lack of.

Old 01-12-2016, 09:57 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,507,300 times
Nobody cares what Irish people think, but...

Old 01-12-2016, 10:26 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,269,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM05 View Post
No, woman, it's "POISON mouth" -- I absolutely MEANT to say, Poison mouth. Potty mouth does not describe the crudeness or Vileness of someone who uses the Nasty term, Bullsh*t

And woman, if you find any "humor" in Trump randomly using that term, when speaking in a public setting, as he attempts to win over voters.....that reflects a Sad and unhealthy light on your judgment..or lack of.
Speaking of potty mouth...

"No. We just can't trust the American people to make those types of choices ... Government has to make those choices for people."

"We came out of the White House not only dead-broke, but in debt. We had no money when we got there"

“Don’t let anybody tell you that it’s corporations and businesses that create jobs.”

Hillary Clinton..

Sorry, I'll take some swearing over language like this, especially given the laughable excuse you guys on the left are upset, i.e. him swearing in the oval office, while you put a family back in that justified getting head in the very same spot..

Old 01-12-2016, 10:27 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,269,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post

The humorous part was that they are outraged that someone might swear in the oval office, given these very same folks just got over defending bj's there not that long ago..

Old 01-12-2016, 10:29 AM

33,603 posts, read 18,252,733 times
At least Trump says what he thinks. He is honest about what political correctness has made us tolerate.. we are sick of tolerating what shouldn't be in the first place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections