Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2016, 05:16 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,541,024 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
And, it is the Trump supporters that are supposed to be "uneducated" so everyone else should be able to spell, shouldn't they?

I find it amusing that those insulting Trump for his mouth often have the same issue.

As everyone knows the youtube of the conference where Cruz, Huckabee and Jindal were present had a speaker talking about killing gays. Who in their right mind would remain at a conference what yet speak? Cruz is pure poison. He could never win against anyone. The only ones that would support him either don't have a clue about what he represents or are looking to see a loser like Cruz as the nomination so that Hillary might have the slightest chance of winning.

Sorry, this thread has had a massive fail. Killing gays and sitting outside an SSM and smearing yourself with cow manure versus saying "bull----" at a rally. If Cruz had integrity or knew God, he would not have been a part of that. Could be a reason he has that Satanish face!
I am just going to say that on this we agree. I would ten times rather have Trump than Cruz.

Old 01-10-2016, 05:17 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,732,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM05 View Post
Typical Blah, blah nonsense. I believe Trump will lose, because of a combination of mistakes like yesterday.

Watch, and remember, I told you.
That's what they said about Jesse. I kind of ambivalent really but I also don't think the word bullschiess is anything to get your nickers in a twist about. Look at the Pope, he dropped the F bomb accident of not and I did't see folks leaving the Church in droves...

Pope Francis Accidentally Swears in a Public Speech - Religion, Pope Francis : People.com

Old 01-10-2016, 05:17 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,271,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwiley View Post
You are obviously not a supporter of Trump, and honestly 538 can have their theories, but they are ignoring that some polls are showing 20% of democrats are supporting him as well. The people who support Trump want a drastic change in policy and direction for the country, not more of the same and from what you are saying you want more of the same. It is not just Republicans. Sorry people are tired of the country and the middle class getting killed while the rich get richer and the poor get more programs while we bring in more people to compete for a declining job market. I am not a supporter of Trump, but I know dozens of people that are, and they are from both sides and pissed off, all Trump has to do is feed that and he is in.

Here is an article on a poll showing close to 20% of democrats will vote for Trump over Clinton and are far more firm on that idea than Republicans that have threatened the same.
New Poll Shows Donald Trump Is a Real Threat to Hillary Clinton - US News
Yes--thanks, I've read that article. I've also read about the methodology of the poll, which is not terribly credible. I really believe that people who just jump on a poll as proof of anything in politics need to look at the organization that has presented the poll.

On a strictly personal level, I know a lot of Democrats and have yet to talk to one who likes Trump as a candidate. In fact, most really do not like him. I also know (and work with) a number of Republicans. Again, none of them like Trump. In the spirit of transparency, though, I admit we are within 30 miles of Palm Beach, and he is not very popular there (or NYC), which is also an indicator that people who are more familiar with Trump like him much less than those who are fortunate enough not to live in the vicinity of him.

"Mercury Analytics, a technology-driven consumer research and political polling firm based in Washington, D.C. conducted a survey and ad “dial-test” of Trump’s first campaign spot among a national sample of n=916 “likely voters”.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...trump-come-on/

Does Donald Trump have Democratic supporters? Not many. - CSMonitor.com]

Old 01-10-2016, 05:20 PM

17,347 posts, read 11,293,931 times
Quote:
How ridiculous. We are talking about a Presidebntial candidate being vulgar for no good reason.

Cussing is the MO for most Libs. Haven't you got another Thread starter to annoy!??
LOL. I certainly am no lib and I will continue to disagree with you about this language. it's become nothing out of the norm for many average people. Granted it's unusual to hear a candidate use this language but that's Trump. He doesn't care about political correctness or if someone is offended and I personally like that.

Old 01-10-2016, 05:26 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,664,869 times
Once again marino760 has a point. The kids were doing and saying worse than what Trump said.

Where was your outrage when the libs used Mexican elementary school kids in a commercial cussing up a storm at Trump and giving him the finger?

Old 01-10-2016, 05:38 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,375,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Kids in elementary school talk much worse and it's accepted by everyone. Grow up.
LOL..R U Kidding me..IF any elementary kids spewed such things..they would be given timed out..parent's would be hauled in..and child would be reprimanded...SO hey..A supposed grown adult speaks like a juvie sits well for you..Most civilized society actually refuse to listen to accept such boorish behaviour..not even from a youngster ( who BTW learns it from their adult mentors/TV exposures to supposed POTUS Candidates!! You fail to understand..Trump is being held up as a role model to youngsters..SMH

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Trump has a lot of real issues to talk about and instead of addressing those we get this nonsense.
He's a bloviating idiot..who seeks recognition..and he's getting it..However, so much exposure to such cr@p is exposing people to rudeness/uncouthness/ignorance/lying that's it's not a wonder so many youngsters/& adults alike, are acting out their anger's in society!!

Quote:
90% of voters will never verbalize their thoughts about what I have with this issue, on this Thread.

But, you can be assured, this 90% are affected by this issue and a large percentage will turn to another candidate. That's a fact.

Old 01-10-2016, 05:40 PM

6,262 posts, read 5,073,096 times
Quote:
You can argue, cry fowl, complain about this commentary all you want too. But, what I am going to say Here, Now, is merited and needed.

"They say they don't care. That's BullS**t.

Listen, that term, in a public forum setting, is vulgar and Offensive, and what Statesman would use that "word" while speaking to an audience of refined, civilized people?!!

!
I was more offended when Obama dismissed Bible and gun clingers. I was offended when he lied and said that he had never heard his pastor say anti-American rhetoric. I was offended when he told me that I could keep my doctor and my health care plan, and that it would save me money. I was offended that there was a smidgeon of corruption and that he learned about it like the rest of us by watching the TV news. I was offended when he blamed the video. I was offended when one of his minions stood over James Taylor and tried to tell the French people that they had a friend. I was offended when he stood on the world stage and spoke about American citizens as though they were wayward children. I was offended when he accused American citizens of being afraid of women and orphans.

The word "bullsh*t"??? I'd rather he didn't. But Trump using that term will offend me a whole lot less if he turns out to be elected and actually changes the course of this nation.

Old 01-10-2016, 05:48 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,648,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
......However, so much exposure to such cr@p is exposing people to rudeness/uncouthness/ignorance/lying that's it's not a wonder so many youngsters/& adults alike, are acting out their anger's in society!!
If you are smart enough to figure it out, why don't you give everyone else the credit for being smart enough to keep it in perspective too?

Old 01-10-2016, 05:53 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,703,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
how is it worse than Joe Biden's use of the "f" word?
Umm... because Biden's use of the f word was in a private aside to someone, not delivered straight on to an audience. Now, if TRump believes that his audience uses that kind of language all the time and isn't offended by it, good for him.

Old 01-10-2016, 05:56 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,199,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
I was more offended when Obama dismissed Bible and gun clingers. I was offended when he lied and said that he had never heard his pastor say anti-American rhetoric. I was offended when he told me that I could keep my doctor and my health care plan, and that it would save me money. I was offended that there was a smidgeon of corruption and that he learned about it like the rest of us by watching the TV news. I was offended when he blamed the video. I was offended when one of his minions stood over James Taylor and tried to tell the French people that they had a friend. I was offended when he stood on the world stage and spoke about American citizens as though they were wayward children. I was offended when he accused American citizens of being afraid of women and orphans.

The word "bullsh*t"??? I'd rather he didn't. But Trump using that term will offend me a whole lot less if he turns out to be elected and actually changes the course of this nation.
I'd rather he didn't either but I understand this because it's part of the NYC-ish lingo and I lived closeby at one time.

Without Mr. Trump I'm forced to then vote for a radical (from my normal standards) candidate as I want this BS government once and for all gone forever as we need to hit the proverbial reset button and start over again.

So if Mr. Trump gets on the ballot as either an "R" or an "I" he has my vote as the only one in my eyes candidate that's worth having hope to fix our country. All others to various degrees imo are of "meet the new boss, same as the old boss" fabric.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections