Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2016, 02:47 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,645,055 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
I am not sure that "rigged" is the correct answer.

However, "modern" politics has nothing much to do with the general electorate. Look at the way Obama got elected during his second term. He targeted the exact precincts in the exact counties in the exact states which were going to give him the exactly correct number of electoral college votes. In any given state he might have carried only one or two districts, but it was exactly what he needed in order to get the votes to get elected.

Throw in that one or two union buy ins (think teachers, Teamsters, etc.) will carry a LOT of "dumb" votes ("my union said to vote for XYZ") and that's the program.

Rigged? I don't really think so. Modern politics? Yes. Get the exact votes that are going to get you elected. The masses be damned.
She said rigged and meant rigged. Few clicks on the computer and everything can change. You haven't heard the stories? Sometimes the exit polls say one thing and the actual votes say another. No she was not talking about clever campaigning. Rigged is the right word.

I am beginning to think like the senior citizen who said that it really doesn't matter who gets elected because our lives don't change that much. We still get to pay for everybody. We pay for illegal's medical, housing, schooling and food. They send their money back to their homes.

Old 02-04-2016, 02:00 AM

30,274 posts, read 23,762,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CK78 View Post
Apparently not. The company is called Microsoft and they donated over $33,000,000.00 to Mr. Rubio.

Prison Planet.com » Trump Supporters Think Microsoft Helped Rubio Cheat in Iowa

https://twitter.com/LordPatriot/stat...rc=twsrc%5Etfw

Folks, look who the media is pushing and that's who you don't want. It's not rocket science.
There's a few extra 0s added in to that. Here is the link where the information came from. It's not millions, it's thousands:

Sen. Marco Rubio: Campaign Finance/Money - Summary - Senator 2016 | OpenSecrets

Regardless, they are indeed Rubio's 2nd biggest corporate supporter. And Microsoft gives a huge amount to lobbyists:

Microsoft Corp: Summary | OpenSecrets

They should not be trusted to be counting anything to do with the campaign.

Regardless of all of that, Rubio's own desires to replace American workers with more H1B visa workers is enough reason not to vote for the little twit:

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/114/s153/text#

Like he did in his own state:

http://www.theatlantic.com/business/...ayoffs/396149/

Old 02-04-2016, 11:40 AM

7,588 posts, read 6,635,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post

This can only go on for so long before there is an insurrection on the part of the citizens. People will not accept being screwed forever. When there is a final "reaction", the tyrants often find themselves against a wall or hanging from a lamp post.
I agree with everything you say up until this point. We share the same opinion of the American government, but you seem to have a very different opinion of the American people. My opinion of the American people is no different than my opinion of the government those people have allowed to take control of their country.

I think Americans have made it quite clear that they will accept being screwed forever, because most of them have been getting screwed their entire lives and done nothing to suggest they have the balls to do anything about it. As long as most people have enough food to eat, and can afford a flat screen TV and cable, they're not going to be hanging anyone from lamp posts. And believe me, the government is very good at making sure enough people have enough to eat.

Old 02-04-2016, 05:31 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,706,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert_The_Crocodile View Post
I agree with everything you say up until this point. We share the same opinion of the American government, but you seem to have a very different opinion of the American people. My opinion of the American people is no different than my opinion of the government those people have allowed to take control of their country.

I think Americans have made it quite clear that they will accept being screwed forever, because most of them have been getting screwed their entire lives and done nothing to suggest they have the balls to do anything about it. As long as most people have enough food to eat, and can afford a flat screen TV and cable, they're not going to be hanging anyone from lamp posts. And believe me, the government is very good at making sure enough people have enough to eat.
It appears you are right about a segment of the population, but not all. There are many (more than we suspect) who have been silent for the most part, gritting their teeth. They are the ones who can make the difference, and -- yes -- change the government by changing the people in office. Their 'reaction' can do that.

Old 02-04-2016, 05:34 PM

19,222 posts, read 16,723,434 times
It's only the beginning of the primaries and it's already getting dirty.

This is going to be fun to watch over the next nine months.

Old 02-04-2016, 05:53 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,706,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
It's only the beginning of the primaries and it's already getting dirty.

This is going to be fun to watch over the next nine months.
Yes, it will, as will the Hillary-Sanders bout. She can't stand the idea that she didn't beat Sanders out by a whopping margin, and that he is supported by a large number of young voters (which she doesn't have).

If I hear one more Hillary cackle...it's like fingernails on a blackboard. No, it's worse.

Old 02-04-2016, 06:00 PM

19,222 posts, read 16,723,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Yes, it will, as will the Hillary-Sanders bout. She can't stand the idea that she didn't beat Sanders out by a whopping margin, and that he is supported by a large number of young voters (which she doesn't have).

If I hear one more Hillary cackle...it's like fingernails on a blackboard. No, it's worse.
She was definitely surprised which is why the gloves are off now. Anything goes. I'm just wondering if Trump will show up for the next debate since Ms. Megyn will be there again. Time for Donnie to put on his big boy pants and stop worrying about his witto feewings getting hurt.

Old 02-04-2016, 06:08 PM

22,481 posts, read 12,018,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
And conservatives for years have been unable to document the rampant voter fraud they allege.
There is voter fraud and it has been documented. Do some googling.

Old 02-04-2016, 06:34 PM

30,415 posts, read 19,200,796 times
Democrtas, election fraud....ahhhh it's expected.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.