Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2016, 05:29 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,148,620 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosane View Post
Completely disgraceful tactic. What I find so appalling is that Cruz cynically employs Christian rhetoric to convince Evangelicals to vote for him, and when that doesn't work he lies to them and tells them that the only other Evangelical with significant support has dropped out of the race. I hope this comes back to haunt him in the Evangelical community, but I fear Cruz has made the correct calculation that there is no end to those communities' capacity for self-delusion.
Might be interesting to note that the #8 occupation with the highest percentage of sociopaths is clergy:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Dutton

Old 02-04-2016, 05:49 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,706,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Might be interesting to note that the #8 occupation with the highest percentage of sociopaths is clergy:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Dutton
Cruz is not clergy, so I don't know the point of your post in this thread. By the way, it's not 'sociopaths'.

Not limited to clergy, and certainly not all clergy are included. The list includes many that I would expect to be in that class, and two (clergy and civil servants) that I would not.

However, clergy certainly belong to a category that would be expected to have persuasive skills. As would a CEO, for example, in order to climb that ladder.

In Cruz's case, I believe it's his organization that messed up and not Cruz himself. However, he can be expected to be held responsible for what his people do "in his name and in his stead".

Old 02-04-2016, 10:09 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,671,010 times
Quote:

Can I feel how scared Cruz is right now. The anxiety he feels coming up to the next debate where Trump is going to obliterate him so hard there will be nothing left.

So, this is the staffer that got canned for telling the camp to get Carson votes by stretching the truth.
I bet she is disgruntled.

Old 02-04-2016, 10:34 PM

1,790 posts, read 2,053,124 times
I thought us Canadians were supposed to be polite?

See what happens when we go south?

What a scumbag Cruz is.

Old 02-05-2016, 12:30 AM

5,297 posts, read 7,638,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
The media hate for Cruz is so strong its ridiculous. What other candidate wins the first votes of an election year and they talk about every, single candidate EXCEPT the one who just won? The media is pushing soooo hard for Rubio! Big time allegations of voter fraud in Hillary's camp and pretty much ZERO news coverage! That was a race that was within .2% and actually mattered, unlike the huge gap between Cruz and Carson. Besides, when were politicians EVER honesty and trustworthy? Politics is a very dirty game. The media has some of you clowns on here right in their pockets drinking that kool aid lol.
I could not have said it better myself. But, the braying hounds won't care......can't you see they are out for blood.... and have lost all sense of reason ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
The last Tweet I saw that appears relevant is from a Trump supporter citing another Trump supporter who has a blog linking the general information we have seen regarding the Mailer that Cruz campaign sent out.

It's silliness because the envelopes sent out identify the pieces of mail coming from the Cruz campaign, so there isn't any fraud there. Especially because the voter information is a matter of public record, and as I said, the envelopes are self identifying. The Iowa Governor and Secretary of State have used this similar type of mailer in 2014, as have Marco Rubio and Joni Ernst. They use them because they have had success with them - whether we agree with it or not. Their point is, to bring to the voters attention their voting responsibility.

For one thing, to bring action, you would have to prove that the envelopes:

1) coerced people into voting
2) told them who to vote for

Both are unknowable and unprovable. The allegation that someone is going to sue is made for political reasons, it can't be made for legal reasons, no one would take the case.

I get mail like that all the time with urgent stamps and fake checks inside. I just throw it away.

Lastly, being there is only one Tweet, the person may have erased all the ones she had or it could be a bogus account. And I notice that among those the person is supposed to be "Following" are a lot of Trump people. So, I have to say that I call the account - BOGUS!
The people who hate Cruz, not for his message but because he is not as likable as a Trump or slick Rubio, won't care what you say here. They are beyond reason......

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
...snipped......

I have professed my strong dislike for Mr. Cruz for a couple of years now, but in this case his staffers acted on a news that they believed was legit from a nationally recognized media channel. Yes, they should have confirmed that Dr. Carson was dropping out first, and they should have made corrective disclosure once they learned the truth. But to be fair, it all started because of Dr. Carson's campaign saying that he won't be making a trip to NH from IA . . . a fair reading of that statement is that Dr. Carson is dropping out. Dr. Carson does some weird chit for no apparent reason (No clean suits? No Men's Warehouse in NH?), he has to take some of the blame for allowing his staff to issue such a strange statement.

And if Dr. Carson was indeed going to drop out after Iowa, I think it is fair game for the Cruz campaign to urge voters to caucus with them.

So, while this was unfair to Dr. Carson and damaged his prospects in Iowa (and by extension elsewhere), I haven't seen anything that is intentionally or knowingly malicious or nefarious from the Cruz campaign . . . but I'd be happy to believe otherwise if I see some evidence.

Mick
Reasoned post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
Great post.

And so we see again just how misinformation spreads like wildfire, and causes people to foolishly react without first doing their due diligence in determining if information is even accurate.

And yet - even after this LATEST fallacy is cleared - stupid people continue to spread misinformation.

It's a damned plague that will destroy this country. The cult of lazy over-reactive stupidity.
I wish people would read your post and stop and think ! And, I will agree with every word you have said here.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
My support for Cruz suffered a significant blow with the cheap e-mail he sent out. It was disappointing to see him use a tactic like that, designed to make people think it's illegal not to vote.

I've also lost respect for Glenn Beck seeing the twists and turns he goes through defending Cruz and dissing Carson. It's not professional, not honest, and not in keeping with the principles Beck has emphasized over and over. I never was fully on board with his views because I gave everything he said careful consideration and some of it didn't sit well with me. This does it. He's defending Cruz as much as defending himself now that he stuck his neck out and made a first-time-ever endorsement during primary season.maybe he still sincerely believes in his candidates principles, motives and ability

Fox has been trying to destroy Trump from the start. Beck is trying to destroy both Trump and Carson.
And Rubio, never a squeaky clean candidate, is getting smeared by the fallout from this pie-throwing contest. He will try to capitalize, but I hope it doesn't work. You can't rise honorably by step on others.

All things considered, regardless of what the count shows, looks like Trump actually did win Iowa, and Carson did finish higher.I hope people keep that in mind.

What a bunch. I just hope that whatever we end up with, it won't be Hillary.
You are effectively electing Rubio. If you think Trump and Cruz are not trustworthy, wait for Marco. We had him here in Florida and we don't want him back. Slippery little two faced weasel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I am not sure Trump would be much better. As for FOX destroying Trump; are you even aware of how many FOX contributors are supporting or leaning toward Trump? And where are you getting your information about Trump winning in Iowa ? Let's not confuse facts with what may or may not be true.
You are trying to inject some common sense into a braying pack of hounds out for blood, metaphorically speaking......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Carson doesn't appear to be as honest as he portrays himself to be. In his Presser yesterday, he is questioned about his staffer leaking the information that he is leaving the campaign. He says, "Don't look at me, I didn't say it." Yet, he leaves his wife in Iowa and says he is going home to change? Today, we find out his campaign is drying up and cutting his staff by 50%. This isn't going to end well with him. There is more going on than we know today.
I think Rush summed up Carson pretty well today on his show. Carson is enjoying the limelight, he is traveling around the country, making contacts, possibly jockeying or hoping for a position after the elections, presidential candidate will look well on his resume after neurosurgeon. He sure would make a compliant VP, wouldn't he ? No muss, no fuss.....with a chance to run as a former VP. Carson ain't stupid, people.

Quote:
https://twitter.com/clmazin?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Ted Cruz's College Roommate has been roasting him on twitter. Such high energy.
I don't even acknowledge this idiot's rants. So ludicrous.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
The "news" didnt report it until much later in the day, so even if Cruz did "question" if Carson was quitting, it would have had zero affect on the election, let alone be enough to cause him to win..
As was said previously, lets not confuse ourselves with facts....

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
looks about as childish as Trumps tantrums..
I liked Trumpertantrums

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock View Post
For the price of a ticket to fly back to Florida, Carson could have bought a new suit.
You know and I know this all doesn't make any sense.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Except Rubio distributed this information out to his field staff also.
EXACTLY !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
GOOD GOD! Did you even bother reading through the rest of the thread before responding? Her account is fake! It's been disproved! Please update your brain before carrying this garbage forward.

I swear this forum is just plain depressing. If this place represents a cross section of true America, we are just so screwed.
Best post on here. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
A little hard to hear, but there it is. Very short clip, just seconds, so take a listen.

Exclusive audio was just released by Breitbart News which indicates that as the Iowa Caucuses were beginning on Monday night, the Cruz campaign called precinct captains across the state.

Says an e-mail from Ben Carson, "These calls were placed after the campaign clarified that any talk of suspension was false."

https://www.bencarson.com/landing/au...nond02042016pm

I believe the timeline.
I don't. Because I think Carson, good old softspoken Ben has been bought and paid for. Sorry, but I have lost respect for Ben in this whole affair. Something smells to high heaven.

Old 02-05-2016, 01:29 AM

16,620 posts, read 8,632,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
Cruz is the last person in the universe I would vote for. He's a slimy nefarious weasel on a stick.
That said, this Monica person looks and sounds like a social media troll who likes to think anyone cares about her opinion.

I assume you mean compared with the other (R's). Compared to Hillary, Cruz is a choirboy.

You also have to wonder if the Dr. Carson thing was with Cruz's approval, or just his staffers making a poor judgment.
Regardless, he didn't win Iowa because of that, and I think Trump is again hurting himself with diarrhea of the mouth.
Trouble is, there doesn't seem to be a OTC or prescription drug strong enough to keep Trump from making himself look like a thin skinned immature fool at times.

Old 02-05-2016, 07:57 AM

33,587 posts, read 18,183,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
I could not have said it better myself. But, the braying hounds won't care......can't you see they are out for blood.... and have lost all sense of reason ?

The people who hate Cruz, not for his message but because he is not as likable as a Trump or slick Rubio, won't care what you say here. They are beyond reason......

Reasoned post.

I wish people would read your post and stop and think ! And, I will agree with every word you have said here.....

You are effectively electing Rubio. If you think Trump and Cruz are not trustworthy, wait for Marco. We had him here in Florida and we don't want him back. Slippery little two faced weasel.

You are trying to inject some common sense into a braying pack of hounds out for blood, metaphorically speaking......

I think Rush summed up Carson pretty well today on his show. Carson is enjoying the limelight, he is traveling around the country, making contacts, possibly jockeying or hoping for a position after the elections, presidential candidate will look well on his resume after neurosurgeon. He sure would make a compliant VP, wouldn't he ? No muss, no fuss.....with a chance to run as a former VP. Carson ain't stupid, people.

I don't even acknowledge this idiot's rants. So ludicrous.....

As was said previously, lets not confuse ourselves with facts....

I liked Trumpertantrums

You know and I know this all doesn't make any sense.....

EXACTLY !

Best post on here. Thank you.

I don't. Because I think Carson, good old softspoken Ben has been bought and paid for. Sorry, but I have lost respect for Ben in this whole affair. Something smells to high heaven.
I smell it too.. it's this post!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.