Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2016, 12:06 AM

1,384 posts, read 2,692,989 times

Advertisements

Can I feel how scared Cruz is right now. The anxiety he feels coming up to the next debate where Trump is going to obliterate him so hard there will be nothing left.

Old 02-04-2016, 12:11 AM

9,007 posts, read 13,839,675 times
Is she referring to the Carson scandal where some voters were told he dropped out of the race?

Old 02-04-2016, 12:20 AM

11,181 posts, read 10,532,733 times
Cruz is the last person in the universe I would vote for. He's a slimy nefarious weasel on a stick.
That said, this Monica person looks and sounds like a social media troll who likes to think anyone cares about her opinion.

Old 02-04-2016, 12:35 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Everyone else can believe that bs story that it was CNN's fault, or Carson's fault, or "what did you expect him to do" baloney all that they want, I have seen what the GOP will do to get rid of candidates that they don't want, so I do not trust any of them.

This crap that Cruz pulled...I'm telling the GOP right now: Keep pulling this crap, GOP. I will vote for a fricken Democrat for the first time in my life as a big, fat F! U! if you don't knock it off. Get the message, we are SICK TO DEATH OF ALL OF YOU LYING SCUM BAG RINOS. To hell with all of you big establishment pukes. You wouldn't know Conservative values if they smacked the snot out of you every morning at 6am. **** off, GOP RINO scum!

Old 02-04-2016, 12:50 AM

4,078 posts, read 2,339,730 times
The media hate for Cruz is so strong its ridiculous. What other candidate wins the first votes of an election year and they talk about every, single candidate EXCEPT the one who just won? The media is pushing soooo hard for Rubio! Big time allegations of voter fraud in Hillary's camp and pretty much ZERO news coverage! That was a race that was within .2% and actually mattered, unlike the huge gap between Cruz and Carson. Besides, when were politicians EVER honesty and trustworthy? Politics is a very dirty game. The media has some of you clowns on here right in their pockets drinking that kool aid lol.

Old 02-04-2016, 01:10 AM

1,384 posts, read 2,692,989 times
Completely disgraceful tactic. What I find so appalling is that Cruz cynically employs Christian rhetoric to convince Evangelicals to vote for him, and when that doesn't work he lies to them and tells them that the only other Evangelical with significant support has dropped out of the race. I hope this comes back to haunt him in the Evangelical community, but I fear Cruz has made the correct calculation that there is no end to those communities' capacity for self-delusion.

Old 02-04-2016, 01:11 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosane View Post
Completely disgraceful tactic. What I find so appalling is that Cruz cynically employs Christian rhetoric to convince Evangelicals to vote for him, and when that doesn't work he lies to them and tells them that the only other Evangelical with significant support has dropped out of the race. I hope this comes back to haunt him in the Evangelical community, but I fear Cruz has made the correct calculation that there is no end to those communities' capacity for self-delusion.
The bolded: Nailed it.

Old 02-04-2016, 01:15 AM

4,814 posts, read 3,844,930 times
The last Tweet I saw that appears relevant is from a Trump supporter citing another Trump supporter who has a blog linking the general information we have seen regarding the Mailer that Cruz campaign sent out.

It's silliness because the envelopes sent out identify the pieces of mail coming from the Cruz campaign, so there isn't any fraud there. Especially because the voter information is a matter of public record, and as I said, the envelopes are self identifying. The Iowa Governor and Secretary of State have used this similar type of mailer in 2014, as have Marco Rubio and Joni Ernst. They use them because they have had success with them - whether we agree with it or not. Their point is, to bring to the voters attention their voting responsibility.

For one thing, to bring action, you would have to prove that the envelopes:

1) coerced people into voting
2) told them who to vote for

Both are unknowable and unprovable. The allegation that someone is going to sue is made for political reasons, it can't be made for legal reasons, no one would take the case.

I get mail like that all the time with urgent stamps and fake checks inside. I just throw it away.

Lastly, being there is only one Tweet, the person may have erased all the ones she had or it could be a bogus account. And I notice that among those the person is supposed to be "Following" are a lot of Trump people. So, I have to say that I call the account - BOGUS!

Old 02-04-2016, 01:43 AM

15,531 posts, read 10,504,683 times
" Ted Cruz Staffer Quits Over Fraud. A Show Of Integrity! "

I found that tweet but it doesn't look right to me. I think someone may be playing around, an ex boyfriend or ex employee maybe. Now, I've switched over to using a search engine for cached tweets. I'm finding a few doozies. She looks like a typical creepy Cruz supporter to me, doubt that she quit. Will keep looking though and see if it comes through. Here's one of her tweets, isn't she cute / not.

bayers_monica IOWA FOR CRUZ

Caucus for Ted folks. We need to win Trump. If we have to twist the truth let's do it folks! Go go go let's caucus.

2 days ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Old 02-04-2016, 01:52 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
With the media telling us every aspect of every politicians stance on everything 24/7 it should be obvious what every politician is all about,for people liking what Cruz is selling just vote for the guy if not vote for the candidate of your choice.
IMO Cruz is a slime ball who will destroy America if he becomes President.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.