Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2016, 06:28 AM

1,978 posts, read 1,554,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68551 View Post
Cruz hurt himself as much (or more) than Rubio with his Carson fiasco. I like Rush but disagree on this matter.
Only if you accept the Carson/media lies and spin. So, I would say that only hurts Cruz with the more ignorant of the electorate. I said ignorant, not stupid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2016, 06:31 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,565,921 times
Default Isn't it obvious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post

Now, who put Christie up to it?
Jeb!

Old 02-09-2016, 06:36 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,480,147 times
Trump leads in NH poll, but Jeb gains steam | MSNBC

Old 02-09-2016, 07:19 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,059,230 times
So Romney was a "flip flopper" and now Rubio is too consistent?

If only people were half this picky with the Dems in 2008 and 2012, maybe the country would be better off...

Old 02-09-2016, 08:43 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,045,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
I personally believe Christie was given a promise by one of the other candidates if he put his prosecutor's suit ...
If he can't be President, I REALLY want this guy for Attorney General.

If people were paying attention, Rubio should have been hurt more by Santorum, a supporter who couldn't name a single Rubio accomplishment.

Old 02-09-2016, 09:05 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,505,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
So Romney was a "flip flopper" and now Rubio is too consistent?
It's not that Rubio is 'too consistent'. The problem with Rubio is he is repeating memorized lines, word for word. These are likely speeches that someone else wrote and then Rubio memorized. This is why they are calling Rubio a Robot. Today Chris Wallace called him "Robio". He appears to be someone else's puppet/robot and is only repeating pre-programmed lines.

FYI - yesterday (Monday 2/8), Rubio repeated 2 memorized lines AGAIN at a campaign even. These were different lines .

Here are the lines repeated(and link to the video) of this latest robot speech from 2/8:

RubioBot experiences new software glitch, repeats stump speech line twice in a row - Vox
"We are taking our message to families that are struggling to raise their children in the 21st century because, as you saw, Jeanette and I are raising our four children in the 21st century, and we know how hard it’s become to instill our values in our kids instead of the values they try to ram down our throats."
Then, rather than pivoting to his next point, the Florida senator circles back on the same theme, using nearly the exact same line right after he'd just uttered it.
"In the 21st century, it’s becoming harder than ever to instill in your children the values they teach in our homes and in our church instead of the values that they try to ram down our throats in the movies, in music, in popular culture."

Old 02-09-2016, 02:19 PM

2,334 posts, read 2,650,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
If he can't be President, I REALLY want this guy for Attorney General.

If people were paying attention, Rubio should have been hurt more by Santorum, a supporter who couldn't name a single Rubio accomplishment.
This is probably exactly where he belongs; agreed. (Referencing Christie per previous post.)

Old 02-09-2016, 10:22 PM

30,279 posts, read 23,766,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamadiddle View Post
I agree, Both Rubio and Cruz are damaged goods now... I think Trump will ultimately gain and Rubio and Cruz will slip down a few notches. The rest of the pack will remain the same. Maybe a small bump for Christie, but he's not going to get any traction...
Anyone with half a functioning brain already knew that Rubio was an establishment type who turned his back on his party the second he sat down at his desk after getting elected. It took Christie to remind everyone.

As for Cruz, it would be great if he were damaged goods...at least I wouldn't have to hear him pound the damn podium with his index finger on (pound) every (pound) single (pound) word (pound) that (pound) he (pound) says (pound).

Cripes that's annoying.

He'll pick up some of the religious vote, but not all of it, he's extreme.

Old 02-10-2016, 07:08 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,059,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Anyone with half a functioning brain already knew that Rubio was an establishment type who turned his back on his party the second he sat down at his desk after getting elected. It took Christie to remind everyone.
Actually it's Christie who I suspect of being a democrat.
He goes for the jugular of the only guy polling ahead of Hillary nationally.
And this is after the hug in 2012 that likely helped Obama with re-election.

Old 02-10-2016, 07:13 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,664,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
Actually it's Christie who I suspect of being a democrat.
He goes for the jugular of the only guy polling ahead of Hillary nationally.
And this is after the hug in 2012 that likely helped Obama with re-election.
Haha. Polling shows Hillary statistically tied with all the GOP frontrunners. This represents a loss of a 20pt lead 6 months ago and $60M spent by Hillary. This is a very bad place for her to be because they haven't even started to campaign against her yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections