Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2016, 05:38 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,559,358 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm4 View Post
He's the News Editor, and its headlines have become as lefty as NYT.

You keep bringing up the editorial board.
Because it's the Editorial Board that makes the endorsements.
The news editors have nothing to do with it.

Look at the byline under the pictures on their endorsement page. See where it says Editorial Board? And it links to their Editorial Board?
You do know what a byline is, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2016, 05:46 PM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,990,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
Because it's the Editorial Board that makes the endorsements.
The news editors have nothing to do with it.

Look at the byline under the pictures on their endorsement page. See where it says Editorial Board? And it links to their Editorial Board?
You do know what a byline is, right?
My initial post made it clear I'm not just talking about DMN's editorials per se, but rather the whole drift of the publication.

Old 02-17-2016, 05:52 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,992,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm4 View Post
The Dallas Morning News was inexplicably saddled with a new editor from the Miami Herald last year and is now some kind of mushy, even obnoxious, left wing cheering section. It's been deformed into the old Dallas Times Herald, even outdoing NYT recently.
The horror those darn liberals from Miami are gonna turn Texas blue

This Miami guy must be like really special, he is like a nobody and somehow forced the Editorial board to endorse Kasich. Watch out, next thing the Dallas Morning might take your guns away.

Old 02-17-2016, 06:00 PM

How the DMN candidate recommendations went down (Hint: It wasn’t always pretty) | | Dallas Morning News

Old 02-17-2016, 06:28 PM

21,503 posts, read 10,623,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
Editorial: We recommend John Kasich for GOP presidential nomination | Dallas Morning News

Okay, I don't play much attention to endorsements, but this one was a little surprising. Kasich, really?
I love Kasich. In fact, now that I've given up on Trump he is the only one left that I will vote for. None of the others do much for me.

Old 02-17-2016, 06:40 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,989,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I love Kasich. In fact, now that I've given up on Trump he is the only one left that I will vote for. None of the others do much for me.
Why have you given up on Trump?

Keep in mind Kasich is a Lehman Brothers/Wall Street puppet. They call the shots, not him.

Old 02-17-2016, 08:06 PM

7,084 posts, read 8,976,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Keep in mind Kasich is a Lehman Brothers/Wall Street puppet. They call the shots, not him.
Yeppers. I live in Ohio and there is no way in hell I would ever vote for him.

Expanded Medicare.

Cut taxes? Yep, cut taxes for some, raised them for others.

Spent $600,000 of taxpayer money to keep Libertarian candidate Charlie Earl off the ballot in his last election.

Old 02-18-2016, 06:58 AM

21,503 posts, read 10,623,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Why have you given up on Trump?

I want to like Trump, but he makes it so hard. He is petulant, he fights dirty, and I am starting to think he doesn't really want the job. He likes the attention, but I'm not sure he wants to be under the microscope for the next 4-8 years. The behavior at his rallies is a little scary. He could be great or he could be a demagogue, but I fear the latter. He doesn't have a lot of details of how he is going to make everything so great.

I decided I have been projecting on him all the things I wanted in a candidate, and making excuses for his crazy statements (he wants the headline grabber, doesn't really mean he would kill family members of terrorists, etc.). I feel that if I am too embarrassed to put his bumper sticker on my car, then maybe I should not vote for him.

I don't like the others either, which is a problem. John Kasich isn't bad though. I listened to him in an interview and really liked what he had to say. People get mad and say he isn't conservative enough for what? He expanded Medicaid so more people could get healthcare? He allocated more money for mental health issues? Is that supposed to make him horrible? Because I just don't see it that way.

Old 02-18-2016, 09:33 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,609,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
Editorial: We recommend John Kasich for GOP presidential nomination | Dallas Morning News

Okay, I don't play much attention to endorsements, but this one was a little surprising. Kasich, really?

Here in Texas, support for Cruz is lukewarm.

Old 02-18-2016, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Here in Texas, support for Cruz is lukewarm.
Really Gringo?
I'm a Texas Democrat and as much as I'd like to hope you're right, all indications I see are he's got the GOP Primary in his pocket and if he's on the GOP ticket, it'll take Texas in the General.
(conversely, Hillary can beat a GOP ticket without Cruz or Bush, but I digress)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections