Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2016, 03:59 AM

14,186 posts, read 22,732,946 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
I don't get it either. I work with a lot of very educated, very conservative and very affluent Republicans. They are depressed and call the current front runners 'clowns.' This may be because Trump lives in the vicinity, and it is well known he's a jerk, but Wall Street seems to hate him also.
You say that like it's a bad thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamban View Post
Yes, we do recognize that he is not perfect and is crude at times but I would take him any time over a Republican establishment puppet or a Bible thumping radical.
This is the crux of it all. In spite of our catastrophically low IQs, none of us who support him are stupid enough to believe that he's perfect. In fact, I don't even agree with all of his policies. I simply appreciate the fact that he hasn't been purchased by any globalist plutocrats. That alone makes him worth voting for, and the fact that he doesn't try to speak on behalf of Jesus Christ is a bonus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Fine - you don't want Trump - move on then to discuss someone you are actually considering. Learn more about that person and how their stated policies may best match your own. Continuing to bash Trump and applaud others childish statements is achieving nothing. You already know you don't want Trump so concentrate on the other candidates you are interested in.
Her attitude is rather unbecoming of a moderator, innit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
I haven't made my mind up yet on a candidate except that it won't be Hillary - but I will continue as I always have calling out anyone who bullies others because they do not believe what they believe. I have found the Trump supporters to be actually able to have a discussion for the most part - where the anti-Trump people are all about slinging mud and that's why I have so many on ignore.
That's another good quality I see in Donald Trump: He's hated by people who aren't respectable themselves. (See the above comment about how Wall Street hates him.) This also illustrates quite candidly the Republican Party's knack for cutting off its nose to spite its face. Maybe the party deserves to get blown up and replaced by something more viable after all, and I say that as a registered Republican myself. In 2008, the Republican nominee was a world policeman with a Bible-thumping running mate, and they lost the election. In 2012, the Republican nominee was a plutocrat with a cardboard cut-out for a running mate, and they lost the election. So if the Republican Party really believes that the status quo is ideal, or that they can keep trotting out the same tired old types of candidates and expect different results, then maybe it's actually not worth saving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda_d View Post
Guess again, dude. I live in a small city in a rural area of Upstate NY that is truly Red Neck Heaven. Most of my family and friends are Republicans. Many of them are rednecks any way you want to describe "red neck" ... and the rest are hillbillies or Pennsyltuckians from south of the state line. The only difference between them and me is that I not only got an education, I also went out and lived in places beyond a hundred miles from my birthplace.
Well hey, if we're going to pat ourselves on the back, I've lived in three states and been to 31 more, plus Canada, China, Taiwan and Vietnam, and I have a college degree, but I support Donald Trump.

Mind blown, huh? Well, I also happen to be a grad-school dropout, so rest assured that you can always insult my intelligence for that.

Quote:
Trumplets are Trump fanatics who blindly defend him no matter what stupid manure he spews or how adolescent he acts. That seems to be about all there are in his camp: brainwashed supporters who apparently would praise him if he did just shoot somebody in the middle of Fifth Avenue. None of the supporters of any of the other candidates uniformly demonstrate the same mindless man or girl crush on their candidates as Trumplets do.
I prefer to be called a "Trumpkin," thank you very much!

Last edited by CaseyB; 02-25-2016 at 05:06 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2016, 03:59 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,433,744 times
Liberals trying to shame people.

That's a good one!

Old 02-25-2016, 04:06 AM

8,069 posts, read 6,967,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post

"Trumplets"? Seriously? Do you like it when people call you names because you support Obama? No? Then why do you name call those who support Trump?
Quote:

I really don't care if you call me names. I've been on the front lines for numerous causes from anti-Vietnam War to women's rights.
You mean to say you don't believe in political correctness? trumplets is such an ugly word, worse than bimbo, idiot, rapists, moron and fat pigs. When Trump wins I hope it will be mandatory for every real American to take a course on "how to treat Trump and his followers fairly"

I really hope you would never attack clown Trump because he treats everybody with so much respect.

Old 02-25-2016, 04:30 AM

8,069 posts, read 6,967,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craziaskowboi View Post

Her attitude is rather unbecoming of a moderator, innit?
Who told you moderators cannot give their own opinions? She did not attack you personally, you have. Not a smart decision on your part. Now would you feel the same way if she was supporting Trump? Of course not. Save us the fake outrage.

Trump supporters spend a lot of time attacking those of us who don't agree with their candidate and little time telling us why we are wrong. Why not discuss the topic instead of engaging in personal attacks? And if you gonna be bullies at least don't be so thin-skinned. It's not a good combination.

Old 02-25-2016, 04:33 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,284,151 times
Hilarious to watch righties spending 8 years hating on Obama now they seem to be ramping up the hate for their own front runner Donald Trump..I guess they cant lose in this one as whether its Bernie ,Hillary or Trump hate will reign supreme from a certain demographic.

Last edited by jambo101; 02-25-2016 at 05:31 AM..

Old 02-25-2016, 05:50 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,422,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Hilarious to watch righties spending 8 years hating on Obama now they seem to be ramping up the hate for their own front runner Donald Trump..I guess they cant lose in this one as whether its Bernie ,Hillary or Trump hate will reign supreme from a certain demographic.
That's what's great about being an Independent. You get to slam both parties.

Old 02-25-2016, 05:59 AM

14,186 posts, read 22,732,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
Who told you moderators cannot give their own opinions? She did not attack you personally, you have. Not a smart decision on your part. Now would you feel the same way if she was supporting Trump? Of course not. Save us the fake outrage.
She said this earlier in this topic:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Trump supporters are in the closet because they know deep down a reasonable person wouldn't support him. They should be embarrassed.
I support Donald Trump, so yes, she did attack me by claiming that I'm not reasonable and should be embarrassed by my decision. She assumed that I haven't thought about it critically, which is a slap in face. I'm not going to sit idly by and take that kind of **** from anybody, including you.

Quote:
Trump supporters spend a lot of time attacking those of us who don't agree with their candidate and little time telling us why we are wrong.
I don't attack anybody unless I'm attacked first.

Quote:
Why not discuss the topic instead of engaging in personal attacks?
I DID DISCUSS THE TOPIC IF YOU ACTUALLY BOTHERED TO READ A DAMN THING I POSTED! Spare me your willful ignorance.

Quote:
And if you gonna be bullies at least don't be so thin-skinned. It's not a good combination.
I wasn't even talking to you in the first place, so who's bullying whom here? Don't get offended if I respond to somebody slapping me in the face, and don't slap me in the face yourself if you don't like my attitude! You started this **** with me, and the only reason I haven't obliterated you in return is because I've restrained myself. I'd be banned from this website in short order if I told you what you deserve to hear right now. And if you think it'd be a bunch of incoherent crap simply because of whom I prefer as a presidential candidate, then this moderator will surely inform you otherwise. He's suspended me more than once for verbally undressing people on this website, so he's seen first-hand the art form I've made of it. You're lucky they've taken my paintbrushes away.

I'm done with you now. Go to church and ask for forgiveness.

Old 02-25-2016, 06:41 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,149,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craziaskowboi View Post
She said this earlier in this topic:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Trump supporters are in the closet because they know deep down a reasonable person wouldn't support him. They should be embarrassed.
I support Donald Trump, so yes, she did attack me by claiming that I'm not reasonable and should be embarrassed by my decision. She assumed that I haven't thought about it critically, which is a slap in face. I'm not going to sit idly by and take that kind of **** from anybody, including you.
You were not being attacked.
Personal attack: Oldhag, boy, that name fits. I can just tell from what you wrote that you are nothing more than a lazy, half-crazy, old bat. If you haven't been told you have Alzheimer's yet, brace yourself, because it's coming. No doubt about it, either you are senile or have reading comprehension issues.

Not a personal attack: Every old lady I have met is lazy and the ones in my grocery store on senior citizen discount day act like a swarm of crazy bats. I swear half of them have Alzheimer's, that or they can't read the 15 item limit signs.
The first example is a clear personal attack, and the person directed it specifically at me with every intent to insult me. The second isn't nice, isn't true, and the person who wrote it clearly is negatively stereotyping, but it isn't a PERSONAL attack, nor is it an insult that is directed specifically at me. I don't like the second blurb, as it clearly is derisive of demographics I belong to, but while it is insulting to those demographics, it is not about me but the group.
I have as much rights to my opinion as anyone else. I make every attempt to be as respectful of other posters as possible when expressing myself. I am sorry you took offense, but it was not directed at you, but a statement in general.

There are going to be people who don't like Trump, he is a very divisive candidate. Really, that is what this entire thread is about. Those same people are going to think people who support him are nuts.

Last edited by Oldhag1; 02-25-2016 at 06:50 AM..

Old 02-25-2016, 06:50 AM

58,996 posts, read 27,280,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamban View Post
Thank you.

I have found a core of 5-10 anti Trump fans here in CD who are virulent against Trump and his supporters and calling them names, giving our stupid poll flawed results and implying that they are mental retards. We all know who they are are and what their agenda is. The more they do that the more our resolve is to support Trump for all his faults.

He may not be conservative enough to some but that is OK to me. He is rational about not going into blind wars, accepting Planned Parenthood does a lot of good aside from the abortions, healthcare that needs to be more universal and affordable for all and jobs need to stay in USA. I like this moderate centrist approach and have voted for him in the primaries and will vote for him in the general election.

And as a non Christian myself I also appreciate that he is not a Bible thumping Evangelical.
"I have found a core of 5-10 anti Trump fans here in CD who are virulent against Trump and his supporters and calling them names"

I think they are dems paid for by the DNC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections