Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2016, 01:36 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,455,798 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Why do you always seem to feel it's your duty to tell everyone who doesn't support Trump to move on and not make comments in Trump threads? If you don't want to read comments that are detrimental to Trump, why don't you simply move on to posts and/or threads you are interested in?

This is a political board. We are here to discuss candidates we like and candidates we don't like. Your approval is not required.
Well said.

As Trumy likes to say......

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QZCzHYMEIeo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2016, 01:55 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,150,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Well said.

As Trumy likes to say......

Keep up your good work! Shortly we will see how effective you are at winning Nevada. With all of your help I am confident that Trump will triumph! Don't forget to send your congrats again!

Old 02-23-2016, 02:21 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,973,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Fine - you don't want Trump - move on then to discuss someone you are actually considering. Learn more about that person and how their stated policies may best match your own. Continuing to bash Trump and applaud others childish statements is achieving nothing. You already know you don't want Trump so concentrate on the other candidates you are interested in.

All you are doing here is being passive aggressive. You don't sincerely care to help us . You just want us to stop posting some "inconvenient truths"

We are not gonna posting against Trump because you tell us. That's just as irrational as if I asked you to open a thread supporting Ben Carson. It's our decision.

I think you have said multiple times that you already use the ignore feature. Maybe consider expanding your ignore list. I won't take it personal either way. It's your decision.

Old 02-23-2016, 02:35 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,595,058 times
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVpgVa-E3e8

Simpsons predicted President Trump in 2000 episode

Last edited by Snowball7; 02-23-2016 at 02:49 PM..

Old 02-23-2016, 02:41 PM

2,691 posts, read 1,668,513 times
Quote:
I haven't made my mind up yet on a candidate except that it won't be Hillary - but I will continue as I always have calling out anyone who bullies others because they do not believe what they believe. I have found the Trump supporters to be actually able to have a discussion for the most part - where the anti-Trump people are all about slinging mud and that's why I have so many on ignore.
Thank you.

I have found a core of 5-10 anti Trump fans here in CD who are virulent against Trump and his supporters and calling them names, giving our stupid poll flawed results and implying that they are mental retards. We all know who they are are and what their agenda is. The more they do that the more our resolve is to support Trump for all his faults.

He may not be conservative enough to some but that is OK to me. He is rational about not going into blind wars, accepting Planned Parenthood does a lot of good aside from the abortions, healthcare that needs to be more universal and affordable for all and jobs need to stay in USA. I like this moderate centrist approach and have voted for him in the primaries and will vote for him in the general election.

And as a non Christian myself I also appreciate that he is not a Bible thumping Evangelical.

Old 02-23-2016, 02:49 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,007,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Even though many posters have tried to explain it multiple times Trump supporters refuse to believe all of us. But, I will try again.
  • Because I am more positive that I am not voting for Trump than I am about who I will vote for.
  • Because every election I am more flexible about who I will vote for than who I won't vote for. This year is no different.
  • Because I am far more passionate in my dislike of Trump than I am in support of any one candidate.
  • Because I am genuinely afraid Trump will be elected and I don't want that immature, narcissistic, bombastic, hyper-sensitive buffoon as the president of my country. And, I think every other candidate would make a better president.
  • Because Trump is leading.
Please stop throwing that crapola out everytime you (the collective you) can't dispute an anti-Trump poster. It has gotten very old. I don't know how many times I can say this, but, a large segment of the population is truly undecided of who they are going to vote for, and they are that way every election. Many also fit into the "lesser of two evils" voter catagory, so they aren't thrilled about their choices, they aren't going to start rah-rah threads about a candidate who they know has some major flaws.
I'm not sure why you directed your response at me as I wasn't addressing you.

Super Tuesday is in one week. Are you saying that you still haven't decided who you are going to vote for? Will you get your republican ballot and agonize over it for a long time while in the voting booth? Or are you going to sit out Super Tuesday?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda_d View Post
Excellent description of the Trumplets' behavior. They're real tough guys in the anonymity of the web or a crowd but they're too cowardly to proclaim their choice individually, whether that's with a bumper stick on a car or a sign on a front lawn. Instead, they make up all kinds of excuses for their cowardice, which isn't surprising given the behavior of the candidate they idolize who does the same.

BTW, I still have my Obama lawn signs from 2008 and 2012 up in the attic of my garage, and you can be sure that I'll have a Hillary sign (or a Bernie sign although I don't think he'll be the nominee) in my front yard in 2016.
Well, you live in a predominatly blue area, so there was no courage involved on your part when it comes to putting an Obama sign on your lawn.

"Trumplets"? Seriously? Do you like it when people call you names because you support Obama? No? Then why do you name call those who support Trump?

Old 02-23-2016, 04:33 PM

11,800 posts, read 5,801,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
All you are doing here is being passive aggressive. You don't sincerely care to help us . You just want us to stop posting some "inconvenient truths"

We are not gonna posting against Trump because you tell us. That's just as irrational as if I asked you to open a thread supporting Ben Carson. It's our decision.

I think you have said multiple times that you already use the ignore feature. Maybe consider expanding your ignore list. I won't take it personal either way. It's your decision.

Never on you sugar - I find some of your posts rather informative but just some. Sorry that passive aggressivemness bothers you and I'm not an out and out bully like many on here - but hey - we can't all be perfect!

Old 02-23-2016, 04:44 PM

11,800 posts, read 5,801,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamban View Post
Thank you.

I have found a core of 5-10 anti Trump fans here in CD who are virulent against Trump and his supporters and calling them names, giving our stupid poll flawed results and implying that they are mental retards. We all know who they are are and what their agenda is. The more they do that the more our resolve is to support Trump for all his faults.

He may not be conservative enough to some but that is OK to me. He is rational about not going into blind wars, accepting Planned Parenthood does a lot of good aside from the abortions, healthcare that needs to be more universal and affordable for all and jobs need to stay in USA. I like this moderate centrist approach and have voted for him in the primaries and will vote for him in the general election.

And as a non Christian myself I also appreciate that he is not a Bible thumping Evangelical.

Kam - we share a lot of the same ideals. I'm not against Planned Parenthood - just the abortion aspect as I don't feel abortion should be used as it is as birth control but rather used in situations such as rape, incest, the mother's life is threatened or I'd rather see the child aborted than found in a garbage can because the "parent" has no use for it.

Healthcare definitely needs reform and it has to start with the outrageous costs of medications and procedures - I personally don't want a universal health care plan but there has got to be someway to deliver both reduced costs and insurance for all.

America has to take care of it's citizen's first - if that means reduced funding to foreign countries and closing the borders - I'm all for it. Manufacturing needs to come back here - high tech is not for everyone and even those jobs are outsourced.

I am a Christian but hate bible thumpers, gay activists, and racial activists - no one is any better or any worse than any one else. No one owes anyone else anything - work hard - treat others as you'd like to be treated and the world would be a better place - but we have too many willing to give everything - expect nothing and the takers keep taking.

Old 02-23-2016, 05:24 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,537,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Yawn! No one is "harassing you, Sugah". Calm down.

That said, all of you who hate Trump, for the most part, don't start threads in support of your favored candidates. Why is that? Don't you think your time would be better spent in support of your candidate? For example, I strongly dislike Hillary but I don't start threads about her. She doesn't live in my head.

Now, I'm not going to further respond to you.
Well, I know certain Trump posters who feel it's their best interests to CONSTANTLY spend more time starting anti-Hillary threads as opposed to pro-Trump threads. So - there goes that argument.

Old 02-23-2016, 05:30 PM

7,840 posts, read 9,204,163 times
Quote:
The Republican establishment opposes Trump just as the Democratic establishment opposes Bernie. We can all offer our opinion on whether Republicans OR Democrats stay home because if the candidates that are running but I'm willing to bet that more people will come out to vote against Hillary as we already know her record and the way she really feels.
Sorry, dude, but neither Hillary nor Bernie have negatives anywhere near as high as Trump's. No other candidate in either party does. People who hold negative views of candidates won't vote for them.

Trump has been pretty much getting about 30-35% of the votes in primaries. That's actually not all that good with the Republican field rapidly thinning out. It's the fact that his main rivals are getting 20% or less that is making Trump the "front runner", not that he's appealing to a broad spectrum of Republicans.

But dream on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections