Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2016, 08:33 AM

1,185 posts, read 805,314 times

Advertisements

The mainstream media on either side try not to talk about Trump's victory. They try to say how Rubio is doing good and will surge. They hope that this misinformation will sway the voters.

Trump is right to have a chip on his shoulders. He wins or he doesn't the mainstream media downplays him all the way.

Old 02-24-2016, 08:36 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,476,038 times
Why would a egomaniac in the top 3, tied for 2nd, drop out?
Cruz would only drop out after Super Tuesday if the delegate math didn't work.

Old 02-24-2016, 08:50 AM

1,185 posts, read 805,314 times
Cruz probably roughs it out for another caucus.

Old 02-24-2016, 08:51 AM

5,381 posts, read 2,843,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
He has little chance in states like FL, CA, NY, IL, PA in a primary and zero chance in a general election. Hillary will stroll into the White House mostly off those states alone.

Yeah, I am coming to terms with a Hilary presidency. It was around this point that I knew that Romney was going to result in a second term for Obama. Neither Trump nor Rubio can win the general against Hilary.

Was listening to some prior speeches of Reagan's and lamenting the great experiment that was America.

Old 02-24-2016, 09:18 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,565,921 times
Default Super Tuesday

Quote:
Originally Posted by owl6969 View Post
Less than a week away..

Predictions? Drop outs?

Who will win which states?
I don't expect a clean sweep for Trump, but it'll be close to one. He's even closing in on Cruz here in Texas.

Old 02-24-2016, 09:38 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,167,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
Yeah, I am coming to terms with a Hilary presidency. It was around this point that I knew that Romney was going to result in a second term for Obama. Neither Trump nor Rubio can win the general against Hilary.

Was listening to some prior speeches of Reagan's and lamenting the great experiment that was America.

Don't count your Hilliary's before they hatch! It is a long ways away from November and lots can happen. Like many have pointed out on these threads; more Republicans are energized by their candidates than Democrats.

There is one more thing; we have no idea how many people on the C-D forum take advantage of cheap, illegal, immigration. It is one reason that some might want to discourage Trump supporters. I am not accusing anybody of anything. It is just one very good reason to discourage anybody that wants to change the current system.

Old 02-24-2016, 10:05 AM

28,103 posts, read 29,997,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by straight shooter View Post
Nevada has the largest concentration of Mormons after Utah...
Actually, Idaho has a far larger Mormon population than Nevada does, as does Wyoming. Somewhere between 4% and 9% of Nevadans are Mormon. That's hardly enough to influence things all that much.

Old 02-24-2016, 10:16 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,370,836 times
Carson has hawked his book enough and will be the only one dropping out. Kasich marches on to Ohio and Michigan and hangs up the spikes. Rubio/Cruz keep splitting the vote till the bitter end.

Old 02-24-2016, 10:17 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,551,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by owl6969 View Post
Less than a week away..

Predictions? Drop outs?

Who will win which states?

Trump will win the Republican primary is my prediction and Hillary the Democratic primary. IF there is a big turnover in South Carolina - I may revise that but I doubt it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
That's impossible to know with only 14% in. That's a lie.

You also have to remember Dexter - that they are talking about REPUBLICAN Hispanics and there aint' many in Nevada.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
No one has ever lost having won the states Trump has won.

And if he is up against Hillary thats his dream candidate. Its like Bush 2.0. Lots of baggage, bribed by Wall Street and big pharma and insurance, yet another dynastic name. Look how he annihiliated Jeb.

Hillary ain't no Jeb. Did you watch any of the Benghazi hearings? She's got a spine made of steel and made Trey Gowdy rain buckets of flop sweat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMike77 View Post
Regarding Trump vs. Hillary, Trump said something very interesting today IMO. When asked about the match up, he replied, " I haven't even started in on her yet". We all know that Trump can be ruthless, it will be interesting to see him take the gloves off against her. Definitely popcorn-worthy.

Oh, it will be a good one all right but Trump will be the loser because he doesn't know anything. I mean if he actually has to speak about his 'policies'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
Yo guys - I'm just trolling you.

This race was over June 16 - the minute Trump came down the escalator and gave that historic speech. When he said everything most Americans think.

These pundits are total fools. The election is over. Trump will 100 % be the president. He will get 70% of the delegates on Super Tuesday, at worst 70%.

The incompetence of these pundits is scary. Every single thing they say is wrong. Rubio has no chance at anything, and Cruz is totally lost.

This whole process has been one big joke on everyone except Trump and his supporters.

Watch these idiot pundits all week say there's a decent shot for Rubio. Guys, the race is long over. Trump is the ultimate politician. He will take 40 states against Clinton. It's all a big joke.

Everyone says how dumb Trump looks, meanwhile Trump is making everyone look dumb.

It's over.

Well, I agree. Trump is making everyone look like a fool and that includes his supporters as well.

Old 02-24-2016, 10:19 AM

1,540 posts, read 1,126,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
Not just Karl Rove. Whenever they start analyzing the race, everyone is saying Trump peaked. By finishing 3rd, Rubio has taken the bullseye off his back. Now Trumps numbers are falling. They all are saying it.
It's all about strategy.

Ok, so you are saying Rubio & Curz's strategy is to come in 2nd & 3rd??? Bad strategy.....Someone needs to tell them that their strategy should be to come in FIRST!!

If Trump was where your guy Rubio is now you would be posting that Trump is finished....

Very funny, just saw your admission of trolling!!! LOL

With the finals done in Nevada, you can give ALL of Cruz's votes to Rubio and he STILL didn't win.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections