Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2016, 01:13 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,772,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgardian View Post
Who will drop out after super Tuesday on either side?

I predict Cruz, Kasich and Carson on the repubs

Probably Bernie?

What's your take?
I totally disagree with you: Bernie will stay in there for as long as he can and that might be a long long time. I do think one of these days, probably next week Carson will quit but not Kasich yet and Cruz, not in the near future.

Old 02-24-2016, 01:43 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,469,695 times
Carson won't quit - his campaign is a big money making scam for him and his "consultants". He has raised more than any other GOP candidate and yet has spent the least - and most of his expenses have been for more fundraising.

Ben Carson Tells CNN He Thinks His Campaign Might Be A Scam

"An astronomical 69 percent of his fund-raising totals are spent on more fund-raising. (Bernie Sanders, by contrast, spends just 4 percent of his intake on fund-raising.) In addition to direct mail, Carson seems to have undertaken a massive phone-spamming operation. Spending most of your money to raise more money is not a good way to get elected president, but it is a good way to build a massive list of supporters that can later be monetized. Perhaps it is a giveaway that the official title for Armstrong Williams, the figure running the Carson “campaign,” is “business manager,” as opposed to “campaign manager.” It does suggests that Carson is engaged in a for-profit venture.”

During the interview, a laughing Carson told CNN’s Poppy Harlow that his campaign had employed “people who didn’t really seem to understand finances.”

A moment later, as if the possibility had just dawned on him for the very first time, Carson added, “or maybe they did—maybe they were doing it on purpose.”

Old 02-24-2016, 02:58 PM

39,874 posts, read 26,521,399 times
Kasich and Carson on the R side, Sanders (Clinton has the D nomination unless she is indicted). Honestly, wouldn't hurt my feelings if Rubio dropped out as well.

Old 02-24-2016, 03:19 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,173,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Kasich - I don't know. I hope he stays in at least through Michigan.
Kasich said last night he intends to stay for the long-term. His campaign has spent the least amount, yet he has gained the most in the polls.

Federally, Kasich is now 2nd behind Trump in the lastest Quinnipac poll.

Old 02-24-2016, 03:21 PM

20,050 posts, read 20,867,177 times
Carson and Kasich.
The rest will hang on, both sides.

Old 02-24-2016, 03:28 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,973,894 times
I expect Carson, Kasich and Cruz to quit after super Tuesday.

Cruz will quit March 15 and Trump will be coronated.

Old 02-24-2016, 03:48 PM

525 posts, read 454,126 times
To everyone who believes Bernie will and/or should drop out, I respectfully (but strongly) disagree. I don't think we should count him out just because of Nevada; he's surging in the polls, even in the South Carolina polls, which heavily favor Hillary. As he reaches out to more minorities, I'm actually pretty confident he'll win the nomination (if the DNC allows it). Even if he doesn't, his goal is to push Hillary to the left, so the longer he stays in, the further he can push her.

Old 02-24-2016, 03:53 PM

325 posts, read 255,905 times
I find it hysterical that while many argue about whether or not Trump, who is unquestionably the frontrunner, will get the nomination still assume that Clinton, who is in a much closer race and has similar negativity ranking, will be the Democratic nominee. You are using the same arguments against Trump that you do against Sanders, and refute them, yet maintain your assumption that Clinton will win. You have all been completely brainwashed by the MSM. Turn off the TV for a few days and see if you are able to think rationally again....

Old 02-24-2016, 05:02 PM

2,540 posts, read 2,757,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
This race was over June 16 - the minute Trump came down the escalator and gave that historic speech. When he said everything most Americans think.
And if it hadn't been for his statements about Mexicans, nobody would be taking him seriously as a candidate. In fact, it was initially rumored that the people attending his June speech were paid actors. To think that he, of all people, is now the frontrunner to win the Republican nomination. It speaks volumes.

Old 02-24-2016, 06:09 PM

17,344 posts, read 11,285,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
Trump had better run the table because he's going to get buried in the larger states with lots of liberals and minorities. He won't thoug. Cruz will win TX and Rubio may get a state or two.
You are a genius! You should just take the next week off instead of wasting all your time writing negative remarks about Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.