Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2016, 02:28 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,448,899 times

Advertisements

Trumpster would have this author sent to jail.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...82d_story.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2016, 02:30 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,716,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Trumpster would have this author sent to jail.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...82d_story.html
Well in that video, he was threatening Jeff Bezos. Jeff has far more billions than Trump. This could get funny. Just like if Bloomberg runs, they both have far more billions than Trump. And I think the reason Trump doesn't want to reveal his taxes is because he has overstated his wealth.

Old 02-26-2016, 02:31 PM

736 posts, read 353,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Trump Derangement Syndrome running hot today.
Anti Trumps are getting desperate.

I prefer the Korea Cyber Laws and internet ID.

Article 70 (Penal Provisions)
(1) A person who commits defamation of another person by disclosing a fact to the public through an information and communications network purposely to disparage his/her reputation shall be punished by imprisonment, with or without prison labor, for not more than three years, or by fine not exceeding 20 million won.
(2) A person who commits defamation of another person by disclosing a false fact to the public through an information and communications network purposely to disparage his/her reputation shall be punished by imprisonment with prison labor for not more than seven years, by suspension of qualification for not more than ten years, or by fine not exceeding 50 million won.
(3) The public prosecution may not prosecute the crime under paragraph (1) or (2) against the victim's will explicitly manifested.
[This Article Wholly Amended by Act No. 9119, Jun. 13, 2008]

The above law would eliminate the garbage on the internet. At very least, people would think twice before posting.

Old 02-26-2016, 02:50 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,003,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Trump Derangement Syndrome running hot today.
^It sure is!

Old 02-26-2016, 02:56 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,841,362 times
Quote:
Normally Republicans are against lawsuits. Its kind of one of those common core beliefs (tort reform, frivilous lawsuits). Just another example how DonDon is contrary to the party that he supposedly has converted to supporting.

What? Where ever did you get that idea?? One of the key arguments against government intervention in business is the availability of a remedy through the courts. Because we have the ability to seek recovery and damages through the courts, we don't need the government to regulate.

Tort reform has to do with capping outrageous jury awards in cases where no such verdict is warrented.

The purpose of a judgment is to put the person in the same place they were before the incident occurred. If you are in a car accident and suffer an injury that requires medical treatment, etc., you are entitled to recover the costs you incurred for treatment and future costs that are necessary to "make you whole" had the incident not occurred.

The issue is when a person is awarded MILLIONS in cases where the verdict amounts to a lottery jackpot and not in line with the facts and damages of the case.

I am in the legal profession and have been on both the plaintiff's side and the defense side in civil cases. I have worked for law firms and Fortune 100 companies. I have worked on Medical Malpractice cases, toxic shock cases, Ford rollover cases, anti-trust cases, contract cases, patent infringement cases, etc., and I support Tort reform that makes suing to win the lottery not possible.

As long as jury awards are supported by the damages, I have no problem. I also have no problem with awarding Punitive damages when warranted, but having been involved in at least 100 trials in my career, I see how jurors conflate the legal remedy with their emotional involvement and the result, more often then not, is a hugely inflated verdict.

The benefits of Tort Reform are that medical providers in the high risk areas, like obstetrics, can afford the medical malpractice insurance.

Old 02-26-2016, 02:57 PM

988 posts, read 683,070 times
Default Trump wants to sue the press

Donald Trump wants to 'open up' libel laws so he can sue press - Feb. 26, 2016

This is straight out of the Hugo Chavez playbook. Weaken the press so they can't go after the dictator. It's had appeal for dictators in South America outside of Venezuela too. Now Trump is bringing it north of the border.

Old 02-26-2016, 02:58 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,142,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
Trump just said at his rally in TX that he wants to "open up the floodgates of libel lawsuits". Freedom of speech is a 1st amendment right you liberal coward. What a pathetic fraud this guy is and he's proving to be very dangerous for the constitution and this country already.
I know. It's getting scary. Trump is totalitarian material, and his fans are completely hypnotized.

Old 02-26-2016, 02:58 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,448,899 times
https://www.city-data.com/forum/elect...amendment.html

Old 02-26-2016, 02:59 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,215,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unwillingphoenician View Post
Donald Trump wants to 'open up' libel laws so he can sue press - Feb. 26, 2016

This is straight out of the Hugo Chavez playbook. Weaken the press so they can't go after the dictator. It's had appeal for dictators in South America outside of Venezuela too. Now Trump is bringing it north of the border.
How's it gonna get past The Wall, though?

Old 02-26-2016, 02:59 PM

988 posts, read 683,070 times
Quote:
Sorry, missed that. Maybe a mod can weld these threads, or delete this one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections