Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2016, 07:18 AM

28,948 posts, read 30,301,550 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I see gasoline selling for a buck fifty a gallon as a FAILURE of the monopoly system to control prices. That is more a function of the Sunni Saudis trying to destroy the economy of Shia Iran than anything that we have done. Now if we can kill the absurd need to add alcohol to our gasoline we can drop prices even more and restore our farmland to producing food instead of fuel.

As auto touring is one of my favorite entertainments I like low gasoline prices. I also like dropping Natural Gas prices although I have not see any drop in electric rates.
thank you GregW, yes, I agree....now if only we could encourage the rest of American companies, and utilities companies not to be so greedy....we'd start to bring back America

I heard Disney, Florida which is made up of Democrates, who also own ABC News....are raising their prices...but they hire illegal labor...talk about greed?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2016, 07:19 AM

9,694 posts, read 7,401,997 times
i think people hate trump because he NOT a politician, people are use to be lied to and promise stuff that would never happen. I really think trump will build the wall. Not just doing back door favors to get more tax payers

Old 02-28-2016, 07:22 AM

Quote:
burdell I didn't say anything about others, did I?
No you didn't but I did, and if you believe the others do not lie, you seriously better wake up to the facts...
they are all crooked, and guilty of lying to the American public and when I say all, I mean all of Washington...

Quote:
But Donny's supporters seem particularly blind to their hero's lies and seem to revel in them instead.
Donny as you call him, has something that all the rest don't have and that is the only reason why so many people are rooting for him....
Quote:

Perhaps they prefer the poison they don't know, I'll pass on the poisons thank you very much.
If anyone else gets in, it will only be another 4 years of Bush politics, which wasn't nearly as bad as Obama, but he did nothing but put us in deep debt....and of course, listen to the Koch Brothers

Quote:
In a nation where so many apparently believe the doings of the Kardashians et al are somehow important it's hardly surprising or worth getting sick over people buying this crap
can't agree with you more there....the popular TV shows, dictate sadly the mentality of the U.S.
and that is why this country is on a deep downhill slide

Old 02-28-2016, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
i think people hate trump because he NOT a politician, people are use to be lied to and promise stuff that would never happen. I really think trump will build the wall. Not just doing back door favors to get more tax payers
There are two kinds of people that hate Trump....
1. People who refuse to believe that their political parties are corrupt and have been lying to them for years...I mean just look at Hillary's followers? Can you believe it? People are so misinformed, that they actually believe her? They are dovoted to a corrupt party as are some Republicans

2. The Establishment, who, Trump scares the heck out of.

You can say what you want about Kennedy, but what got him killed was the fact that he wanted to do things differently and not be told what to do...

Herman Cain was the very same way, he fought to do what is right...but they sabotaged him....

and now you have Trump.....and they are unable to get rid of him so their last ditch effort is to get Rubio and Cruz to try and badger him and bully like little kids....to Trump looses it....
And America is watching this and shaking their heads....b/c they refuse to see what is really going on.

Old 02-28-2016, 07:30 AM

13,496 posts, read 18,207,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You seem very sensitive to any criticism of Trump. He is a loose cannon, and even his supporters know this, so I can't blame people for being nervous about the possibility of him being the next president.
A blond Mussolini with a comb-over.

Old 02-28-2016, 07:37 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,821,925 times
I am disappointed but not surprised that the master fixer of the Democratic party is doing so well. Sanders represents a much less corrupted alternative but probably will not go much further.The Queen Bi**h is good at what she does. Damn.

The Republican party was hijacked by the Far Right monopolists and the Religiously desperate a couple of decades ago and are now seeing just how obnoxious they have become. The Donald is doing so well because he is concentrating on jobs and not religion. He is a High Priest of Mammon and does not care what the Republican party thinks about what he is saying. His proposals are so refreshing to his followers they are like a sermon of the good times to come. To the rest of us they are delusional and dangerous fantasies.

At this point it seems like it will be a choice between the High Priest of Greed and the Queen Bi**h of political manipulation. I recommend the Bi**h because although she may be evil she is sane.

Old 02-28-2016, 08:03 AM

12,391 posts, read 7,105,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Trump is truly a master of The Art of the Spiel. He lies, his supporters know he lies and say 'Thank You Donny, please tell us more lies.
There is no doubt that Trump is the master of spiel, but he is also the real deal. Trump didn't just take his family's money, and give to a team of investors to enrich himself in the stock market, he built a real estate empire. Like him or not, he's an incredibly smart person, and a born leader. It's been so long since we've had a leader as president, I think we as a nation have become almost afraid of people that have strong leaderships traits.

Now, whether or not Trump's personal style would make him a good president, is hard to say, but I would take him over the puppets we've had for decades now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Trump's success in the primaries is a result of our broken political system, and prolonged stagnation. People were ready for change 10 years ago. Now, they are demanding a change. Any change will do. Even the crazy kind, like Trump for president.

It wouldn't surprise me if he was just a secret weapon of the DNC.
People that were paying attention started to realize something was awry during the Clinton years when we saw, NAFTA, GATT, and WTO, as well as the repeal of Glass-Steagall, and many other signs that the game was being rigged. It was the Clinton years when things changed, and there was not longer any attempt to hide the wronging of the American people by our elected officials.

As far as Trump being crazy, I don't think so. He has a plan, but I admit that I'm still not 100% sure that he isn't either an elaborate Republican form of "Hope and Change", or that he is working for the Clintons, to throw the election to Hillary like Ross Perot did for Bill.

I guess that the third option is that he could really be running for president. I haven't quite decided if that's what he's doing. If so, he is going against some of the most powerful people in the world, people that control trillions of dollars, and if they think Trump may upset the apple cart, who knows what they may do. If he really is legitimately running for president, Trump is playing a very dangerously game, so maybe he is crazy.

Old 02-28-2016, 08:27 AM

24,014 posts, read 15,110,703 times
If the deficit doubled, look at the Congress. They control and are supposed to monitor spending.

All this brouhaha have about the POTUS. At this point, what difference does it make?

There is little a president can do without the congress. He can sign executive orders til the cows come home, but he needs funding to make it work.

Don't re elect any congress person.

Old 02-28-2016, 08:42 AM

3,125 posts, read 2,075,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
No you didn't but I did, and if you believe the others do not lie, you seriously better wake up to the facts...
they are all crooked, and guilty of lying to the American public and when I say all, I mean all of Washington...

Donny as you call him, has something that all the rest don't have and that is the only reason why so many people are rooting for him....
My personal observation: Trump appeals to Americans who feel that their current president views them as the enemy, at worst, or subjects, at best.

Quote:
If anyone else gets in, it will only be another 4 years of Bush politics, which wasn't nearly as bad as Obama, but he did nothing but put us in deep debt....and of course, listen to the Koch Brothers

can't agree with you more there....the popular TV shows, dictate sadly the mentality of the U.S.
and that is why this country is on a deep downhill slide
Obama and the Dems, along with the aid of the MSM, created the precedence for candidate celebrity status. Now they are afraid because they never expected it to come from the other side of the aisle. This, and other precedents, set in the last 8 years are coming back to haunt them.

Old 02-28-2016, 08:43 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,844,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Yesterday I was News Channel surfing and stopped on CNN.
I cannnot believe how blatenly evident they have been about being Afraid of Trump.
He was talking about the establishment not being able to stop Trump, and the only thing Republicans can do is either vote for Cruz, or Rubio to stop him. He was actually asking people to do that????

Now, you see how utterly dirty they are and how they've been controlling this country for years.
Just goes to show you how the people's voice speaks loudly and they still refuse to listen...they are so corrupt....

Cannot stand Rubio or Cruz, they both would be no better than Obama or Bush....

Bush was better than Obama is, and better than Cruz and Rubio would be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections