Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2016, 08:44 AM

73,062 posts, read 62,680,395 times

Advertisements

I despise Trump because he's crass. I don't see much that is admirable about him. What scares me more is who he appeals to. He appeals to those who think irrationally.

I lost respect for him when he took a jab at POW's. Look, I get that John McCain disobeyed orders and got himself captured. That said, that does not give Trump license to say "I like soldiers who were not captured". That is a disrespect to POW's. And something more. John McCain answered when he was asked to fight for this nation. Trump tried to avoid the draft.

I think about Trump's comments about Blacks, the tweet that he re-tweeted regarding Blacks and crime, how falsified it was, and the fact that it came from a Neo-Nazi website. He admitted he doesn't check his sources. If he will be wreckless in that aspect, I would be afraid of what he would do if he gets into office. If you are in office, you need to check your facts and your sources. If you don't do that, it could be the difference between life and death.

And then there is making fun of another person's disability. Anyone who would do that has the mentality of a petulant child. That is not someone we need in office.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2016, 08:46 AM

8,069 posts, read 6,978,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Yesterday I was News Channel surfing and stopped on CNN.
I cannnot believe how blatenly evident they have been about being Afraid of Trump.
He was talking about the establishment not being able to stop Trump, and the only thing Republicans can do is either vote for Cruz, or Rubio to stop him. He was actually asking people to do that????

Now, you see how utterly dirty they are and how they've been controlling this country for years.
Just goes to show you how the people's voice speaks loudly and they still refuse to listen...they are so corrupt....

Cannot stand Rubio or Cruz, they both would be no better than Obama or Bush....
LOL I guess you have never watched CNN or Fox if you are surprised some political commentator was telling viewers how to vote. Plenty of political commentatos on CNN have asked viewers to vote for Trump.

Old 02-28-2016, 08:53 AM

8,069 posts, read 6,978,635 times
Quote:
thank you GregW, yes, I agree....now if only we could encourage the rest of American companies, and utilities companies not to be so greedy....we'd start to bring back America

I heard Disney, Florida which is made up of Democrates, who also own ABC News....are raising their prices...but they hire illegal labor...talk about greed?
Disney hires illegals? Please. Where did you hear that nonsense? Maybe now days they call Puerto Ricans illegals? Why would Disney hire illegals when the area is full of poor people who moved there from other parts of the country thinking Disney will hire them? These people are so desperate they will work for minimum wage. There is no need for illegal labor.

Old 02-28-2016, 10:07 AM

28,947 posts, read 30,301,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Trump's success in the primaries is a result of our broken political system, and prolonged stagnation. People were ready for change 10 years ago. Now, they are demanding a change. Any change will do. Even the crazy kind, like Trump for president.

It wouldn't surprise me if he was just a secret weapon of the DNC.

This is what Trump is about to a whole lot of people....

Please I ask you and everyone else to truthfully read this article....

I believe if this continues, Trump's Empire will lose, big time, and he has a lot of kids he wants to leave something to...I have to believe that this is what Trump wants to do....maybe I'm wrong, but if someone doesn't do it soon, we're in huge huge trouble, b/c it isn't just about the illegal Mexicans anymore, and Trumps Idea is only a start...there is a lot going on here in America, that no one seems to understand...

With a breakdown of any law, say, illegal immigration, comes a breakdown of all laws and breeds corruption

How Eisenhower solved illegal border crossings from Mexico - CSMonitor.com

Old 02-28-2016, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
Disney hires illegals? Please. Where did you hear that nonsense? Maybe now days they call Puerto Ricans illegals? Why would Disney hire illegals when the area is full of poor people who moved there from other parts of the country thinking Disney will hire them? These people are so desperate they will work for minimum wage. There is no need for illegal labor.
Disney wants to continue to allow illegals coming to this country for a whole lot of reasons

Money is power, what better way to gain power of the people then thru TV especially the media, b/c the media people still actually believe....

Now, think about all the Syrians that have been allowed to come to this country, who is gaining by it...

This doesn't just stop at the topic of this thread, it goes way deeper....way deeper and people need to wake up

Old 02-28-2016, 10:10 AM

7,736 posts, read 4,995,505 times
CNN's political interests are disgusting. I stopped watching them when I realized how biased they are. All they do 24/7 is attack Trump. All day, All night. Trump this trump that. Trump here , trump there. They will not talk about anyone else besides Trump..

What they don't realize , is they actually make him more popular by doing it , because they look like they are the racists with their Trump-Propaganda 24/7

Last edited by Jimmyp25; 02-28-2016 at 10:20 AM..

Old 02-28-2016, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I despise Trump because he's crass. I don't see much that is admirable about him. What scares me more is who he appeals to. He appeals to those who think irrationally.

I lost respect for him when he took a jab at POW's. Look, I get that John McCain disobeyed orders and got himself captured. That said, that does not give Trump license to say "I like soldiers who were not captured". That is a disrespect to POW's. And something more. John McCain answered when he was asked to fight for this nation. Trump tried to avoid the draft.

I think about Trump's comments about Blacks, the tweet that he re-tweeted regarding Blacks and crime, how falsified it was, and the fact that it came from a Neo-Nazi website. He admitted he doesn't check his sources. If he will be wreckless in that aspect, I would be afraid of what he would do if he gets into office. If you are in office, you need to check your facts and your sources. If you don't do that, it could be the difference between life and death.

And then there is making fun of another person's disability. Anyone who would do that has the mentality of a petulant child. That is not someone we need in office.
I believe Trumps jab against John McCain goes much deeper than you know....McCain is not the rah rah, person that everyone thinks he is....

I understand your feelings, my son served in the military as well....however, what you have to understand it, Washington doesn't care about you, my son or anyone who served....if they did, our vets would be recieving much more than illegals receive...they are our heros...

but, who sends them to war, to die for us....fat old men who care nothing about what happens to them, more so, what they get out of the wars.....

Old 02-28-2016, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
CNN's political interests are disgusting. I stopped watching them when I realized how biased they are. All they do 24/7 is attack Trump. All day, All night. Trump this trump that. Trump here , trump there. They will not talk about anyone else besides Trump..

What they don't realize , is they actually make him more popular by doing it , because they look like they are the racists with their Trump-Propaganda 24/8
Your right Jimmy, but so did Fox....Fox is no more a saint then CNN, please wake up and smell the roses....they are all afraid of Trump...they all tried to get rid of him and still are....why do you thing Rubio and Cruz are taking one last ditch effort to verbally ruin Trump.

They got rid of Herman Cain very quickly b/c he wasn't as rich as Trump,,, but Cain said the very same things as Trump is saying now. Thank God, b/c the people of the U.S. have been surpressed and afraid to say things like this....

Old 02-28-2016, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Bush was better than Obama is, and better than Cruz and Rubio would be.
yes, he was, but not much...
If you keep holding onto the fact that Bush was a God over Obama, then our country has no hope....

both sides are corrupt and have done nothing to help americans...all they do is give us a sliver here or there to appease, especially right before the next elections....and the next, Look at all the things Obama is trying to do right now, by executive order...why? To gain the trust of Dems.

I have nothing to gain by this, and I don't know if Trump is the man to help us....but I do know this, by electing anyone else, we are in trouble and nothing is ever going to change in America...we will lose all our rights.

my point here is, to make change one must look at it all objectively and understand the real root of the problem, which is much bigger then most people care to view.

We can't keep backing political parties that are corrupt...we can't.

Old 02-28-2016, 10:20 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,279,369 times
Quote:
I heard Disney, Florida which is made up of Democrates, who also own ABC News....are raising their prices...but they hire illegal labor...talk about greed?
Disney, Florida? Assuming you mean the company, as it is not a town, what does that even mean--made up of Democrats?

It is company that owns theme parks among other things, and as far as I know, it is made up of capitalists who are more interested in making money than politics.

I have never heard or read that they hire 'illegal labor' and, in fact, Florida employers are very strict about using I-9 eligibility forms when hiring. More so than many other states I believe, for obvious reasons. They did plan on using visas to hire foreign workers, but Democratic Senator Bill Nelson called for an investigation and Disney has reconsidered. I don't remember Trump, Cruz or Rubio commenting on it, though.

"Democratic Florida Sen. Bill Nelson has asked the Department of Homeland Security to investigate the H-1b program in light of the Disney layoffs."

Obviously corporations are interested in profits and the bottom line, so I don't really follow your logic.

Last edited by Enigma777; 02-28-2016 at 10:43 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections