Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2016, 12:25 AM

7,636 posts, read 8,707,635 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulJourn View Post
Some of us will not.
^
I'm a Bernie supporter. If he's not nominated, I might even vote for Trump, because I'm one of those "anyone but Clinton". I know there are a bunch of us out there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2016, 12:47 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,170,027 times
I imagine, when Bernie drops out, Clinton will adopt parts of his platform, just like Obama adopted parts of her platform when he won the nomination.

Old 03-02-2016, 01:02 AM

1,070 posts, read 2,029,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmountains View Post
^
I'm a Bernie supporter. If he's not nominated, I might even vote for Trump, because I'm one of those "anyone but Clinton". I know there are a bunch of us out there.
I'm also a Bernie supporter. However, I'll still vote for Hillary *cringes* because I'm one of those "anyone but Trump." I know there are a bunch of us out there too .

Old 03-02-2016, 01:07 AM

1,070 posts, read 2,029,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
I imagine, when Bernie drops out, Clinton will adopt parts of his platform, just like Obama adopted parts of her platform when he won the nomination.
Yeah, that's a definite. In fact, I see lots of tweets out there from Bernie supporters claiming that she is already "stealing" much of his platform. In fact, if you dubbed Bernie's voice into the victory speech that Hillary gave Tuesday night, you'd almost think that it was actually Bernie's speech!

Old 03-02-2016, 01:12 AM

14,221 posts, read 6,960,195 times
Yes, she is stealing his platform and then she drops it and moves to the imaginary "center" again. She is just as untrustworthy as it gets and it becomes almost comical. Her speeches now are littered with platitudes, "break down barriers", "we all can reach our god-given potential" yadayadayada. If she gets the nomination, she'll start working for her financial overlords on the first day in office and start to cut deals to "get stuff done" (for her wealthy donors of course).

Old 03-02-2016, 02:40 AM

34,278 posts, read 19,368,360 times
I will watch the presidential debates, investigate what i can, talk to people I know who might personally know one of the candidates, and decide.

So far, I am not a fan of either of the leading candidates.

Old 03-02-2016, 03:19 AM

1,373 posts, read 1,654,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poopskooper View Post
Yeah, that's a definite. In fact, I see lots of tweets out there from Bernie supporters claiming that she is already "stealing" much of his platform. In fact, if you dubbed Bernie's voice into the victory speech that Hillary gave Tuesday night, you'd almost think that it was actually Bernie's speech!
She'll parrot it. She will never implement it. She's a PINO. (Progressive In Name Only)

Don't count Bernie out yet.

Old 03-02-2016, 04:01 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,912,825 times
Quote:
^
and i thank you for that

Old 03-02-2016, 05:33 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,934,015 times
Quote:
^
Heh-I've been thinking about it lately. Although I do think he may only be running to help his good friend Hillary ensure the general. That actually makes me want to vote for him though haha. Clinton would be stunned, and a revolution could take hold as Drumph makes a mockery of the Presidency.

I do believe Hillary would be the most destructive President-passing the TPP and expanding the war on "terror" are her biggest goals.

Old 03-02-2016, 08:19 AM

1,035 posts, read 1,397,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
It's not a wasted vote, the Green Party needs write in votes to become recognized as a legitimate third party by pollsters, pundits, and the political establishment
I'm not saying we shouldn't care for the environment, however, I have a hard time taking the Green Party seriously. I picture a bunch of tree-huggers wearing burlap and Greatful Dead shirts, eating beans, lentils and tofu listening to some Bob Marley, Greatful Dead or The Mommas and The Poppas, that walk, ride a bike everywhere or if they drive drive a Prius, Geo Metro, (remember those things), or a Toyota Corolla with the windows just covered in smoke film and for job they work at Starbucks or some place along those lines, and they're like bean-pole skinny because they don't meat, diary or anything heavy like pizza or Alfredo sauce. That's what I picture. Me, I like cows, I enjoyed the pound of beef I had for dinner last night, and the Italian food I eat a few times a week. I enjoy deer hunting. I listen to 90's hip-hop and hard rock. I drive an SUV, and for a living a drive a cement truck that weighs 36,000 pounds empty and consumes a gallon of diesel fuel in 5 miles. Yeah me and the Green party have a lot in common lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections