Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2016, 08:42 PM

2,886 posts, read 5,829,355 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
I wish they would call AR and VT for Trump already. Deflate Ted Cruz's delusions that he and Trump are neck and neck.
They just called Arkansas for Trump. Vermont is still to close to call but Trump has a slight lead over Kasich.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2016, 08:46 PM

9,576 posts, read 7,349,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeusAV View Post
Rubio just announced on Fox that he's not dropping out despite losing every state.
Looks like he just might win Minnesota.

Rubio 37.3%
Cruz 28.0%
Trump 21.1%

with 79% reporting

Old 03-01-2016, 08:51 PM

39,876 posts, read 26,541,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeusAV View Post
Yes at this point Rubio refusing to drop out just makes Trump's path even easier. The guy has been beaten everywhere and the voters saw right through his insults. Time to throw in the towel.
Agreed. Rubio is only a spoiler, staying in just helps hand the nomination to Trump. Needs to get down to Trump vs Cruz and quit splitting the "non Reality TV" vote.

Old 03-01-2016, 08:52 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,124,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
He needs to drop out and give Cruz the best shot to at least slow Trump down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Hate to say it, but I agree.
Makes perfect sense, but I am afraid that Rubio votes would go mostly to Kasich.

Mick

Old 03-01-2016, 09:48 PM

4,078 posts, read 2,342,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Makes perfect sense, but I am afraid that Rubio votes would go mostly to Kasich.

Mick
Rubio voters second choice candidate is Cruz by a pretty good margin according to the article that was posted here recently

Old 03-01-2016, 10:37 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,777,474 times
I think he should stay.

Old 03-02-2016, 03:45 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,923,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Mitt Romney needs to get back in the kitchen. And he should be ashamed of himself desperately making unsubstantiated claims about Trump's taxes after what Harry Reid unfairly did to him.
he has no shame.

he is finished, but is totally clueless.

he is probably waiting for someone to ask him to get back in and throw this election cycle to hillary, but that is going to be a long wait.

Old 03-02-2016, 04:01 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,294,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
Rubio voters second choice candidate is Cruz by a pretty good margin according to the article that was posted here recently
Yeah, I can't forsee that at all. I can see the opposite being true. Cruz supporters drifting to Rubio. Cruz only wins very conservative voters. Rubio does well among conservative, somewhat Conservative, and moderate voters. The conservative voters might head to Cruz, but the somewhat and moderate voters will either go to Trump or Kasich. Cruz did decent last night, but very few of the remaining contests are friendly to him.

Old 03-02-2016, 04:11 AM

15,537 posts, read 10,518,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
What will the Israeli lobby do. What will all the "anti-establishment" senators do. What will Nikki Haley do, what would Mitch McConnell do? They have to win, everything has to be theirs
If I were advising Rubio, I wouldn't have him drop out now. At this point, Carson and Kasich are the ones that need to leave.

Old 03-02-2016, 04:12 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,279,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
Yeah, I can't forsee that at all. I can see the opposite being true. Cruz supporters drifting to Rubio. Cruz only wins very conservative voters. Rubio does well among conservative, somewhat Conservative, and moderate voters. The conservative voters might head to Cruz, but the somewhat and moderate voters will either go to Trump or Kasich. Cruz did decent last night, but very few of the remaining contests are friendly to him.

Cruz survived.......but he is toast.......the south was his firewall and he was in trouble when he came 3rd in South Carolina and got ZERO delegates.

Cruz:

South Carolina: Lost
Georgia: Lost
Alabama: Lost
Tennessee: Lost
Arkansas: Lost

Texas: Won
Oklahoma: Won.

2 out of 7 in the South for Cruz is bad.......that's like Trump going 2 out of 7 in the Northeast states where that his stronghold .....if that happens you guys would be saying Trump is in trouble.

Cruz people will spin this but really where does Cruz goes from here?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections