Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2016, 09:12 PM

2,485 posts, read 2,225,983 times

Advertisements

Rubio is out. Trump is winning. He is popular. He has betrayed his wealthy class and its interests in favor of working class Americans and particularly native whites. Whether he wins or not, his popularity reflects the distance between the GOP and the conservative base.

To be fair, trump reflects public opinion.

So where does the GOP go from here?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2016, 09:15 PM

6,721 posts, read 6,517,900 times
If they want to win the general election, they stop the BS, coalesce around Trump and run the ball into the end zone. If they prefer that Hillary wins the general, they keep going down the same path they are on...

Old 03-15-2016, 09:16 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,245,794 times
He's talking with both Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell. They might start embracing him. They have no one else left to back in this race.

Old 03-15-2016, 09:21 PM

2,801 posts, read 2,315,495 times
Trump is telling the scared little sheep what they want to hear.
He has NO plan other than build a BIG wall along the Mexican border (does he even know how long that is and there are rivers that go along and between the border too) and magically have Mexico pay for it.

By summer the people will be saying oh C#$@ what have we done.

Old 03-15-2016, 09:22 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,196,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Costaexpress View Post
Rubio is out. Trump is winning. He is popular. He has betrayed his wealthy class and its interests in favor of working class Americans and particularly native whites. Whether he wins or not, his popularity reflects the distance between the GOP and the conservative base.

To be fair, trump reflects public opinion.

So where does the GOP go from here?
More like White Nationalist/Supremacist opinion. I understand I am writing in that kind of site here (except for a few other posters). You guys need to embrace your beliefs and be honest with the world. It's obvious to those around you but you seem to think you still embrace the American ideal. You don't so just be honest. XXOO

Old 03-15-2016, 09:30 PM

2,485 posts, read 2,225,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
More like White Nationalist/Supremacist opinion. I understand I am writing in that kind of site here (except for a few other posters). You guys need to embrace your beliefs and be honest with the world. It's obvious to those around you but you seem to think you still embrace the American ideal. You don't so just be honest. XXOO
lol. what do you mean? i'm a person of color and i'm not a trump supporter. but i'm telling you that he is popular and none of us can change that.

the fact is that the GOP is in trouble even if it wins. Because the voice is now against the well-to-do, as is on the Left.

How does building a wall on the Mexican border serve GOP interests? They want cheaper labor and bigger markets. A wall is the worst idea and it better has holes in it.

Old 03-15-2016, 09:39 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,310,018 times
Trouble? Trouble? We're all in trouble if this bozo gets anywhere near the presidency.

People admire this. Trump: "All I know is what's on the Internet."

Trump Defends His Tweet of Fake ISIS Video: "All I Know Is What's On The Internet"

Old 03-15-2016, 09:42 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,033,348 times
Quote:

My adopted daughter is filapino. She came here at the age of 8. She and her mother both Asian are for Trump. I am usually independent leaning toward democrat. Not this time. I asked my daughter. why Trump? She said the main reason is that he is the only one who is truly saying how he feels and does not let anyone tell him what to say........good or bad he is his own person.

Old 03-15-2016, 09:46 PM

27,724 posts, read 16,230,747 times
Quote:
The guy appeals to more dems than any pub in years and you call it white supremacist opinion? Ok (somebody fell for it)

Old 03-15-2016, 09:54 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,196,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
My adopted daughter is filapino. She came here at the age of 8. She and her mother both Asian are for Trump. I am usually independent leaning toward democrat. Not this time. I asked my daughter. why Trump? She said the main reason is that he is the only one who is truly saying how he feels and does not let anyone tell him what to say........good or bad he is his own person.
A couple of non-white supporters doesn't change my mind. Maybe they are poorly educated and influenced by you??? Trump is really not a Republican. He is a narcissist and this is only about him. He needs safe rooms to get away from those that he disagrees with. He is dangerous. He is inciting violence and hatred. Not anything good or full of light! I will never be convinced otherwise. I am shut off from people like him. BTW. that does not make me close minded. It shows that I am practical.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections