Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2016, 06:53 AM

16,912 posts, read 10,604,576 times

Advertisements

He is an international business man and he never got any ambassadors killed. Why should he consult someone else?

Old 03-18-2016, 06:59 AM

9,828 posts, read 9,426,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
He is an international business man and he never got any ambassadors killed. Why should he consult someone else?
Because his current consultant can't locate Syria on a map?

Old 03-18-2016, 07:01 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,123,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Hillary didn't get any Ambassadors killed either, as proven by the 8 GOP-led investigations.

How is a civilian SoS individually responsible for arranging security detail for one of hundred foreign outposts in the world, or for not moving US assets around while watching a video feed (it wouldn't have arrived in time anyway, as shown in the investigations) - that's for the military and CIA. Feel free to dispute this, but you'd be wrong.

Mick

Old 03-18-2016, 07:01 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,962,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Then you simply don't "get it". Thus, you are left with demonizing those you disagree with.
What I perceive is that Trump's entire campaign revolves around his assumed strength and confidence. He tells his followers not to worry; he'll take care of them. “If you get laid off …, I still want your vote,” he told workers in Michigan last week. “I’ll get you a new job; don’t worry about it.”

That detractors rightly question is that Trump has no specific strategy, no working policy, no means to make his promises happen -- so he masks them with 'I'm terrific and I hire terrific people.' How are we going to get this done, "Management."

In essence, Trump followers are following faith in a man who critics say he is in over his head.

Old 03-18-2016, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
What I perceive is that Trump's entire campaign revolves around his assumed strength and confidence. He tells his followers not to worry; he'll take care of them. “If you get laid off …, I still want your vote,” he told workers in Michigan last week. “I’ll get you a new job; don’t worry about it.

That detractors rightly question is that Trump has no specific strategy, no working policy, no means to make his promises happen -- so he masks them with 'I'm terrific and I hire terrific people.' How are we going to get this done, "Management."

In essence, Trump followers are following faith in a man who critics say he is in over his head.
Do people actually believe that? How gullible do you have to be?

Unless he is going to offer you a job with the Trump Organization, that is. But you'd have to compete against H-2B's.

Mick

Old 03-18-2016, 07:13 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,864,183 times
Quote:
With Trump? Didn't he say he was two Trumps?

No, there are actually THREE Donald Trumps.

Don

Old 03-18-2016, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Well no you don't "get it" if this is what you believe.

Obviously the response to this would be why do you want to see the country continue to be destroyed by bought and paid for politicians who answer to the donor class?

------------------------

i.e. It's not about destroying the country. It's about saving it.
Let's see, Republicans uniformly believe that the Regan days were the nirvana.

Yet, the exact same establishment, corporate control, lobbying, etc. existed back then . . . and since.

Why are Trump supporters so convinced that our country sucks ass? From my vantage point, it is still the best nation in the world. By a mile. Sure, it's not perfect but neither is Russia, North Korea or wherever Mr. Trump looks up to. You know how the right wingers are first to say to immigrants or people who look different, "love it or leave it!!"? Maybe they should take their own advice. . . . just keep in mind that other countries are not accepting your applications unless you got beacoup cash.

Mick

Old 03-18-2016, 07:28 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,864,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Let's see, Republicans uniformly believe that the Regan days were the nirvana.

Yet, the exact same establishment, corporate control, lobbying, etc. existed back then . . . and since.

Why are Trump supporters so convinced that our country sucks ass? From my vantage point, it is still the best nation in the world. By a mile. Sure, it's not perfect but neither is Russia, North Korea or wherever Mr. Trump looks up to. You know how the right wingers are first to say to immigrants or people who look different, "love it or leave it!!"? Maybe they should take their own advice. . . . just keep in mind that other countries are not accepting your applications unless you got beacoup cash.

Mick

Mick raises a question I have been asking too. What the Hell are people so pissed at ? Where did this anger toward everything we are come from ? Are people really in that bad of shape that they are willing to nominate a man who has no proven skills to run this very complicated country ? (Yeah, he sold and bought some real estate......big deal !)

I am not angry about anything going on in this country. I have a job, I am able to support myself, and things are getting better for the economy all the time. Some will say it is not better, but IT IS. Everyday I see people going to work and people spending money on luxury items. People do not do that when things are bad. We are also pretty safe in our little homes, and, if you want to work, jobs are there.

I just don't get where all this frustration and anger is coming from.

Don

Old 03-18-2016, 07:29 AM

Quote:
and if Trump never makes mistakes, how come he was married three times? Are women like real estate, he trades up?
Not mistakes, each time the lease was up!!

Mick

Old 03-18-2016, 07:31 AM

4,288 posts, read 2,062,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trysometh View Post
“I’m speaking with myself, number one, because I have a very good brain and I’ve said a lot of things."

this alone should DQ u from holding any public office, let alone Potus. To all the trump lovers-Gotti went to prison eventually, nobody is teflon don forever, someth will stick...
Why?
All this shows is he has confidence and a sense of humor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections