Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2016, 07:37 AM

4,288 posts, read 2,058,162 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Mick raises a question I have been asking too. What the Hell are people so pissed at ? Where did this anger toward everything we are come from ? Are people really in that bad of shape that they are willing to nominate a man who has no proven skills to run this very complicated country ? (Yeah, he sold and bought some real estate......big deal !)

Don
Our current president also had no proven skills to run this very complicated country.

Old 03-18-2016, 07:40 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,309,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Well no you don't "get it" if this is what you believe.

Obviously the response to this would be why do you want to see the country continue to be destroyed by bought and paid for politicians who answer to the donor class?

------------------------

i.e. It's not about destroying the country. It's about saving it.
You're forgetting that The Donald has been buying politicians for decades. Electing him president would be like hiring a fox to babysit the chickens. He's part of what has been wrong in politics! He's not the solution. Overturning Citizen's United is the solution yet I don't see him or any of his fans talking about that! No, Trump is perfectly happy with the moneyed class continuing to buy their way into power.

Old 03-18-2016, 07:55 AM

4,739 posts, read 10,435,565 times
Jeb! showed that the 'moneyed class' couldn't buy the GOP.

Old 03-18-2016, 08:00 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,831,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore1954 View Post
Our current president also had no proven skills to run this very complicated country.

I disagree. When he took over that seat 8 years ago the country was in the toilet from GWB. You couldn't give a home away, and tons of people were out of work and losing everything. Anyone who says things haven't improved are either blind or don't want to admit the truth. Construction is on the rise, homes are selling, and people (who want to) have jobs.

Look, I'll admit Obama hasn't been perfect, no President has, but he has kept a lid on things pretty well and has tried to accomplish some things to benefit you and me. If he had the cooperation of the team on the other side he could have done more, but that is not how Washington works. At least Obama had worked in politics and had an idea of how things were going to be.........Trump hasn't a clue and will be in for a big shock should he get his chance.

Don

Old 03-18-2016, 08:08 AM

4,288 posts, read 2,058,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I disagree. When he took over that seat 8 years ago the country was in the toilet from GWB. You couldn't give a home away, and tons of people were out of work and losing everything. Anyone who says things haven't improved are either blind or don't want to admit the truth. Construction is on the rise, homes are selling, and people (who want to) have jobs.

Look, I'll admit Obama hasn't been perfect, no President has, but he has kept a lid on things pretty well and has tried to accomplish some things to benefit you and me. If he had the cooperation of the team on the other side he could have done more, but that is not how Washington works.

Don
What you said doesn't have anything to do with whether he had any provable skills to run this complicated country when elected.
In fact assuming I agree with your appraisal of his performance it would mean someone without the provable skills can run the country.

Old 03-18-2016, 08:39 AM

4,739 posts, read 10,435,565 times
“I think I could probably do every job on the campaign better than the people I’ll hire to do it”

Old 03-18-2016, 08:56 AM

3,440 posts, read 2,525,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
No, no, we get that.

What we don't get is why you are willing to take down this country to achieve that goal.

Mick
Is it taking down a country or taking down the system that has pervaded and corrupted it?

Old 03-18-2016, 09:24 AM

2,491 posts, read 2,678,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reactionary View Post
Jeb! showed that the 'moneyed class' couldn't buy the GOP.
No, he was simply out bid.

Old 03-18-2016, 10:03 AM

1,229 posts, read 858,995 times
Mtq3000 :
Quote:
No, no, we get that.

What we don't get is why you are willing to take down this country to achieve that goal.

Mick
Mtq3000 : Have you heard /read about that old, analogous fairy tale where the frog is cooked in a pot of water turned on low heat - but can't jump out until after its too late?

If you look at where the country is now and compare it back over the last couple of decades --- the similarities to the frog analogy can not be ignored.

The country is going down......slowly - so if you leave the same group of oligarchs in that have presided over the slow take down how might it possibly be corrected?

Old 03-18-2016, 10:17 AM

1,229 posts, read 858,995 times
Quote:
By saying "almost" anyone, you are admitting that we could do worse . . . . and that's our fear in electing Mr. Trump.

Mick
MTQ3000 :

This fear you write about reminds me of the fear the inhabitants expressed in Plato's allegory about the cave. The solution for you is to ignore the shadows on the wall and move into the sunlight and embrace reality......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections