Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2016, 10:48 PM

1,356 posts, read 1,223,838 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodfin View Post
So you support his sweet sweet tax plan then ? $10 trillion more for our kids and grandkids to pay off would be really awesome huh? Something to be proud of !!

Or does your overwhelming need for a strong daddy figure cloud your judgement and force you to simply overlook these inconvenient details ?

Hillary, Steve. I am not enamored with her or love her as a candidate, but that kind of silly naivete is better left to the Trumplets who need a powerful daddy figure to revere. I think she's too political a creature to force an agenda, and she's pretty rational and intelligent. She would be capable of compromise, as her husband was. The massive GOP lie campaign against her is, IMO, just that.
Daddy figure? Sir, my father passed of cancer several years ago. He was a great man, a truly great man that served this country. So let's lay off the personal business but since you went there...reading your posts it's safe to say in person your the guy I wouldn't have to give my knuckles too. Your more of an open hand b**** slap kinda guy am I right? Exactly. And before you open your mouth again, I can assure you I'm no internet tough guy. Im a shop steward for a DSNY garage, a position that isn't just handed out to some candya**. Anytime your out East, feel free to contact me. Would love to "talk" lol, damn it would be a pleasure...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2016, 10:48 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,293,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Well, then you aren't looking at the actual primary numbers. I don't know where you're getting those numbers, but to date in the primaries & caucuses, Hillary Clinton has 1.1 million more votes than Donald Trump.

I was trying to be fair by mentioning the number of candidates Trump has had to compete with compared to Hillary, but apparently you don't care about the facts. Anyone can add up the numbers by state as of last Tuesday. It's not just my opinion.

Actually, I'm not quite sure what you're saying, to be perfectly honest! We don't know how many more would have voted for Trump if the other candidates had dropped out of the race earlier.
I was trying to be funny but looks like it didn't work. If you really want to be objective you have to have an algorithm that compensates for Trump having 16 other competitors. If you have such an algorithm I'd like to know.

Old 03-18-2016, 11:15 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,235,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
LOL. Polls of election more than 1/2 year away are pointless. Just like those of 1/2 year ago that said JEB would be the nominee.
Yes, polls this far away are pointless.

What is not pointless is the fact that NY state has 5.7 million registered Democrats, more than twice as many as the 2.7 registered Republicans.

http://www.elections.ny.gov/NYSBOE/e...unty_nov15.pdf

Old 03-18-2016, 11:19 PM

4,078 posts, read 2,342,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post

What is not pointless is the fact that NY state has 5.7 million registered Democrats, more than twice as many as the 2.7 registered Republicans.

Oh, dont worry about those pesky things called facts. Trump fans live in a dream world and they will tell you Trump will make up that 3 million voter difference by swaying them to vote for him because they all hate Hillary...

Old 03-18-2016, 11:24 PM

8,105 posts, read 6,760,607 times
Quote:

A lot of the NYS dems live in NYC and they elected and reelected republican mayors from 1994 to 2013.

Old 03-18-2016, 11:29 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,235,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
A lot of the NYS dems live in NYC and they elected and reelected republican mayors from 1994 to 2013.
And in 2006, they elected Hillary Clinton to a second term as Senator with 67% of the vote. Your point was what again?

Old 03-18-2016, 11:48 PM

8,105 posts, read 6,760,607 times
Quote:
And in 2006, they elected Hillary Clinton to a second term as Senator with 67% of the vote. Your point was what again?
My point is that it's pointless to make any assumptions as to which way NYS will go in the election.

Old 03-18-2016, 11:52 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,124,984 times
Quote:
My point is that it's pointless to make any assumptions as to which way NYS will go in the election.
Unless there is a recent poll result . . . . It won't be 100% accurate, but if the difference is stark, we can handicap the race.

Mick

Old 03-19-2016, 12:06 AM

4,078 posts, read 2,342,738 times
Quote:
Let me guess, you think Trump will be the one who turns a solid blue state like CA red too right? I mean, he's got the overwhelming support of liberals and minorities right? LOL

Old 03-19-2016, 12:20 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,045,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
Ted barely won Texas, Kasich barely won Ohio, Rubio didn't win Florida.

Trump kills in his home state. It'll be a massacre
https://www.city-data.com/forum/43397153-post2067.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections