Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2016, 10:48 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,672,276 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalk View Post
Can't believe the younger generation buy the Bern's empty rhetorics and trash Hillary all the time
Stop being brainwashed geez!
I agree !!! Do the right thing and trash them both.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2016, 10:49 AM

1,875 posts, read 1,328,323 times
Sanders = same garbage "hope and change" from 2008....

Old 03-19-2016, 10:51 AM

8,131 posts, read 4,333,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rjohnson71 View Post
I don't trust Hillary Clinton one bit because of the allegations that have come out against her. I dread the future if she becomes President. But I do trust Bernie Sanders. I believe that he can be a great President.
Many years ago Bernie opposed segregation. Congress passed his first piece of legislation for the National Program of Cancer Registries. Because of Bernie's efforts, all 50 states now run registries to help cancer researchers gain important insight.
Sanders has been re-elected to serve eight terms as a Congressman by the people in Vermont. Bernie Sanders has integrity and that is the kind of President that I want.

More rhetoric and "media hype", on to the next thread!

Old 03-19-2016, 03:43 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,281,227 times
Quote:
Can't believe the younger generation buy the Bern's empty rhetorics and trash Hillary all the time
It's the same brainwashing they are getting on Campus from their Professors and odds are good it started in public schools long before that. The "educators" start the brainwashing as early as they possibly can.

He's telling these kids "freeeee" - "free" College, "free" health care" ..... lots of "free".
They have never learned that "free" only works until they run out of other people's money".

Old 03-19-2016, 08:07 PM

3,251 posts, read 2,556,697 times
Quote:
Empty rhetoric like people should participate in our democracy?

Empty rhetoric like our political system is virtually passed to the highest bidders?

Empty rhetoric like the government should be accountable to the people?

Old 03-19-2016, 08:37 PM

1,722 posts, read 1,745,152 times
Quote:
I don't trust Hillary Clinton one bit because of the allegations that have come out against her. I dread the future if she becomes President. But I do trust Bernie Sanders. I believe that he can be a great President.
Many years ago Bernie opposed segregation. Congress passed his first piece of legislation for the National Program of Cancer Registries. Because of Bernie's efforts, all 50 states now run registries to help cancer researchers gain important insight.
Sanders has been re-elected to serve eight terms as a Congressman by the people in Vermont. Bernie Sanders has integrity and that is the kind of President that I want.
He has integrity, he's honest and honorable, he's very intelligent and he's a true humanitarian.
And he probably won't get the nomination even though, the more i think about it, the more i see that he may have a better chance of beating trump than Clinton will.
I haven't given up on him yet. Miracles happen!

Old 03-19-2016, 08:41 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,985,902 times
Quote:
So to you "integrity" is a candidate that is a career politician promising things that he hasn't been able to even come close to impacting for his 40 year professional political career? Suddenly because he is running for president people believe that he can enact system wide radical change? Lets be real, people "believe" in Bernie because just like any other politician trying to game the system, he is promising political favors in return for money....meaning free health care, college and increased minimum wage in exchange for votes. He is a complete lying slime ball just like the rest of them, he is just doing his bidding with a different class of voter.

Old 03-19-2016, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesesteak Cravings View Post
Empty rhetoric like people should participate in our democracy?

Empty rhetoric like our political system is virtually passed to the highest bidders?

Empty rhetoric like the government should be accountable to the people?
right on.

Old 03-19-2016, 08:45 PM

3,251 posts, read 2,556,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
So to you "integrity" is a candidate that is a career politician promising things that he hasn't been able to even come close to impacting for his 40 year professional political career? Suddenly because he is running for president people believe that he can enact system wide radical change? Lets be real, people "believe" in Bernie because just like any other politician trying to game the system, he is promising political favors in return for money....meaning free health care, college and increased minimum wage in exchange for votes. He is a complete lying slime ball just like the rest of them, he is just doing his bidding with a different class of voter.
I don't think I've ever seen him suggest he was going to give us anything. Am I just hearing what I want to hear? Even if he doesn't get the nomination, if he has jumpstarted the belief that we can still have a more democratic government he will have done a lot of good.

Old 03-19-2016, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
It's the same brainwashing they are getting on Campus from their Professors and odds are good it started in public schools long before that. The "educators" start the brainwashing as early as they possibly can.

He's telling these kids "freeeee" - "free" College, "free" health care" ..... lots of "free".
They have never learned that "free" only works until they run out of other people's money".
What a red herring.
YOu miss the essence of what he's about.

If Bernie Sanders had of been president in the early 2000's the U.S. would not have spent 4 - 6 trillion dollars !!!!!!!!!! on a war that has done so, so, so much more harm than good in both our country and the middle-east and actually the world (and the government doesn't even sufficiently take care of the vets!) and you mock Sanders for wanting to help kids go to school and get an education and provide everyone with health care!
Who is brainwashed?!!!! Good God!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections