Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2016, 08:31 PM

135 posts, read 149,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
It's the same brainwashing they are getting on Campus from their Professors and odds are good it started in public schools long before that. The "educators" start the brainwashing as early as they possibly can.

He's telling these kids "freeeee" - "free" College, "free" health care" ..... lots of "free".
They have never learned that "free" only works until they run out of other people's money".
- eliminated tuition via a tax on Wall Street speculation. No "free" college in that plan
- using leftovers and a net decrease in taxes to guarantee Medicare for all of America instead of paying publicly traded and private insurance companies with profit as the primary goal

All it takes is a quick look on http://berniesanders.com/issues to get facts. People young and old support this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2016, 08:34 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,985,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffaboy View Post
- eliminated tuition via a tax on Wall Street speculation. No "free" college in that plan
- using leftovers to guarantee Medicare for all of America instead of paying publicly traded and private insurance companies with profit as the primary goal

All it takes is a quick look on http://berniesanders.com/issues to get facts.
The point is that the people voting for him are the ones expecting to get the "free" tuition, we all know that SOMEONE has to pay for it, but they just don't expect it to be themselves, hence the "free tuition" perception from some of his supporters.

Old 03-20-2016, 08:37 PM

135 posts, read 149,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
The point is that the people voting for him are the ones expecting to get the "free" tuition, we all know that SOMEONE has to pay for it, but they just don't expect it to be themselves, hence the "free tuition" perception from some of his supporters.
The only people that would pay for this is the high speed traders using computer algorithms to buy stocks before someone else does. It generates billions every year and is seen as borderline insider trading.

Old 03-20-2016, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffaboy View Post
The only people that would pay for this is the high speed traders using computer algorithms to buy stocks before someone else does. It generates billions every year and is seen as borderline insider trading.
Great, I completely understand that and am personally opposed to it, BUT that wasn't the point I was making.

In the eyes of many Bernie Sanders supporters, it is free tuition for them, that is the only point I'm making here, as I've said we all know that its going to be paid for through yet another tax on Wall Street with who knows what unintended consequences.

Old 03-20-2016, 10:06 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,924,204 times
Quote:
The way I look at it is that my one vote (or any person's one vote) doesn't actually make the difference. I am at peace with voting third party in hopes that eventually Libertarians or any third party gets enough votes to at least start to shape the conversation in a way thats not just a D vs. R conversation taht hasn't seemed to be beneficial in recent history. Who knows though, maybe a third party would make things worse, but I'm not sure how much worse it can really get.
The President don't do much, you have to vote congressionally third party as well. Maybe Congressionally you can make more of a difference. One vote isn't enough to make the conversation happen other than people look at you silly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gq_pVPQLZFI

Old 03-20-2016, 10:19 PM

3,857 posts, read 1,794,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskywalker View Post
Not enough money to go around. Interesting. Hmmmmmmm
To bad those trillions of dollars spent on useless and destructive wars in both Iraq and Afghanistan can't be recouped. That would "pay the bills". Money well spent! And we don't even take good care of the vets who went through hell over there. Way to go U.S.A.
Can't rep you again.

Well said

Old 03-20-2016, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
The President don't do much, you have to vote congressionally third party as well. Maybe Congressionally you can make more of a difference. One vote isn't enough to make the conversation happen other than people look at you silly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gq_pVPQLZFI
I'm good with people looking at me silly.

Old 03-20-2016, 10:54 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,948,203 times
Quote:
Great, I completely understand that and am personally opposed to it, BUT that wasn't the point I was making.

In the eyes of many Bernie Sanders supporters, it is free tuition for them, that is the only point I'm making here, as I've said we all know that its going to be paid for through yet another tax on Wall Street with who knows what unintended consequences.
No, it isn't- your perception is not reality-I don't know a Bernie supporter that doesn't understand how tuition free College (at Public Universities) would be paid for under Bernie's plan-via a tax on Wall Street speculation. You are making massive assumptions due to your own personal prejudices on who Bernie supporters are, probably stemming from the corporate media.

You have been repeating the same lie for weeks.

Old 03-20-2016, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
No, it isn't- your perception is not reality-I don't know a Bernie supporter that doesn't understand how tuition free College (at Public Universities) would be paid for under Bernie's plan-via a tax on Wall Street speculation. You are making massive assumptions due to your own personal prejudices on who Bernie supporters are, probably stemming from the corporate media.

You have been repeating the same lie for weeks.
You make no sense. This isn't about my perception, and it isn't about Wall Street speculation. Its the simple fact that many of Bernies supporters are young college age students, he is telling them that they have the potential to get free tuition that will be paid for by Wall Street. Nothing about this is due to "prejudices" on my end or "corporate media" narratives. These are simple facts. I never said the supporters don't understand where the money is coming from, my point is that its not coming from their own pocket so its free to them since they arent paying for it....thats the definition of free.

Old 03-20-2016, 11:32 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,475,034 times
hil got the older/old vote, bernie doesn't. I think this is all we need to know.

Bernie Sanders knows he needs to get older voters - CNNPolitics.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections