Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2018, 04:56 PM

2,690 posts, read 1,387,199 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Wait until after the State of the Union address when Trump gets a chance to finally list all of his accomplishments which have been censored by opposition aka propaganda media. The Loonies will be staring at the TV, heads cocked to one side like a dog hearing a strange sound, asking, "Wuht? How did Trump do so much if he was playing golf all the time and eating so much vanilla ice cream and Diet Coke?"

Maybe the dim bulbs over their pea brained heads will flicker a little brighter when it dawns on them that they have been lied to by the media.
Some on the right actually hold this mindset regarding those on the left?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2018, 04:57 PM

2,690 posts, read 1,387,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuptag View Post
The democrats lack a message - even 14 months after the election. Trump, despite innumerable faults, won because he had a message.

If Gillibrand's or Harris' message is that they are female and that resources should be re-distributed from those who create them to those who don't, it's highly unlikely that they will win.

The longer the Russia investigation goes on the more time that mainstream, elected Democrats will waste playing good party member and the more the fringes of the party will create positions that are untenable to the majority of Americans.

Every Trump supporter can tell you what they stand for: Make America Great Again!

Ask a longtime Democrat voter what the Democratic Party stands for and it's unlikely that you will hear a concise statement.
That is a slogan, not a platform. And taken literally it simply means you agree with us, most people on both the left and right want to improve the country, with the caveat that the rest of us realize it has always been great. Not always right, but great nonetheless.
Hopefully nobody living in the present information age bases their vote to any great degree on a slogan, anyway. That is kind of like buying a particular model of car because that company's TV ads had the prettiest girls. It is marketing. But it does heavily influence some people, or they wouldn't do it.
I tried to research the specifics of Trump's health care plan during the election...something he had had a long time to hone, but kept finding that he either didn't have a well developed plan or wasn't making it known to the voters. He kept telling us it would be the greatest and we would love it and no one would lose coverage. Well, how did that turn out?
Frankly, I think Trump's support is driven largely by faith and emotion.

Last edited by robertbrianbush; 01-03-2018 at 05:08 PM..

Old 01-03-2018, 07:20 PM

30,662 posts, read 18,276,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
*Shrug* Think what you like. It wasn't business as usual here.
The result was only ever in doubt to Democrats who put stock in what the media and phony polls reported in 2016.

Old 01-03-2018, 09:08 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,118,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
The result was only ever in doubt to Democrats who put stock in what the media and phony polls reported in 2016.
Nope, I'm not a Democrat, am LDS and I am in Utah. I watched all of the local stuff, etc.

Old 01-03-2018, 10:08 PM

29,220 posts, read 22,404,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
Nope, I'm not a Democrat, am LDS and I am in Utah. I watched all of the local stuff, etc.
Yup. Utah is the leading state in the intermountain west, so what happens there affects all its neighbors- Idaho, Wyoming, Colorado, Arizona, and the effects continue to spread out to even wider areas.

The closer one is, the more the folks know what's really happening or not. Folks who live elsewhere don't understand how old and established the LDS religion is out here.

Mormons hold a lot of important political positions all over the West, and the things that go on inside the religion affects the members and everyone who has any connections with them.

As the religion changes, so changes Utah. And as Utah changes, so do other states. It's a matter of culture as much as it is politics.

The South's Baptists influence is just as strong, and so is the Catholic influence in the North. A person who isn't a member of a prevailing faith is still influenced by it when they live among the believers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections